Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by yunir_sg
    megaweb..... wah.... u so handsome!
    arrgh!!! can i have your autograph! arrghhH!
    *faints*

MEDIC!!!!

Does it make a difference? wat we see its e end product.. and not sex discrimination...

And in fact, if u r doing wedding freelancing... those couples are in actually veli much comfortable wif female photographers.. there at least we have an advantages.. and not to forget those bikini shoots i always snap at sunsetbay

How can we forget abt Florence tan and Jayce? And even Mable lee photography.. They are doing so much betta than guys

So IMHO, Photography is for both sexes and pls do not show prejudice to ani sex..

i guess the remark was just a casual one, and the "remarker" would be surprised that it sparked off such a series of comments!

if megaweb is that ugly, then he would have proved that the uglier you are, the better photos you can take, cos his macros are superb!

people tend to group together when they have the same interest, so photogs will notice photogs...since it is a natural thing for guys to bio girls and be more vocal about it, they will also be more "eye opened" for female photogs, hence i guess it is all right for the comments.

who knows, the girl photogs may be whispering in a corner commenting about some male photog's belly!

Originally posted by beivied
    if megaweb is that ugly, then he would have proved that the uglier you are, the better photos you can take, cos his macros are superb!
    No wonder my photos are like **** but seriously nowadays i see more female photographers.. but in the end it's the photos that count be it taken by male or female.

Default Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by kiwi2
    Warning: This thread may generate some biased views...

I overheard a conversation among some (amateur?) guy photographers in their mid-20s on the MRT. They were (as some guys do!) talking about girls... .then the conversation turned to women photographers. One of them commented it's more rare to find gals taking up photography... seems like this is more of a guy thing, just like there are more male soccer fans than female ones. Another commented he noticed women photographers are not "chio" (pretty). Dunno why but if they are, people will want to take pictures of them, not they taking pictures!

What are your views on this?
    very often females want their pictures to be taken and not the other way round

it's kinda true that i very rarely see a chio lady photographer *care to intro*

i don't mind taking her pictures hahaha

frankly speaking i reckon women and machines just can't get along lor

Default Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Wow, that's a bold statement, later kena by all the fellow female photogs.

Originally posted by MrBig

Originally posted by megaweb
    I am the ugliest guy in Clubsnap

See my photo

I don't think there is any different between male and female photographer ... their objective is to capture pictures
    No lah. Actually u are very handsome....i.e. to other mandrills!

Default Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by AJ23
    Wow, that's a bold statement, later kena by all the fellow female photogs.
    I wanted to but thot I'd leave this to the other female photographers here to do the dirty work cos this is a very small minded statement.

Like that I can also say men are hopeless in the kitchen & yet many of the best chefs in the world are men. Same for makeup artists - alot of good ones r men as well.

very often females want their pictures to be taken and not the other way round

it's kinda true that i very rarely see a chio lady photographer *care to intro*

i don't mind taking her pictures hahaha

don't be surprised if ppl start addressing you as MrBigMCP

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
    I wanted to but thot I'd leave this to the other female photographers here to do the dirty work cos this is a very small minded statement.

Like that I can also say men are hopeless in the kitchen & yet many of the best chefs in the world are men. Same for makeup artists - alot of good ones r men as well.
    wanna know y men make great chefs???

dats becos they've got the 'balls' to throw in the extra salt, sugar and whatever ingredients that the women r afraid they've added too much which they may think is unhealthy or will get them fat.

for us men, we dun care about whether the extra bits gonna make us unhealthy or add a few lard to our bellies.

what we care most is the TASTE and the satisfaction to our tummies

Default Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by kiwi2
    Warning: This thread may generate some biased views...

I overheard a conversation among some (amateur?) guy photographers in their mid-20s on the MRT. They were (as some guys do!) talking about girls... .then the conversation turned to women photographers. One of them commented it's more rare to find gals taking up photography... seems like this is more of a guy thing, just like there are more male soccer fans than female ones. Another commented he noticed women photographers are not "chio" (pretty). Dunno why but if they are, people will want to take pictures of them, not they taking pictures!

What are your views on this?
    1st, my views on those 'guy photographers' u overheard.

They are not fit to be called photographers in the first place. There is no gender in a profession/hobby. Masculine or Feminine DO NOT exist in any profession or hobby. They are qualified voueyers. Period.

As for 'who wanna take whose photos' is highly subjective. Doesn't mean u're hell ugly or 'un-chio' means u have to hide behind the camera. Shallow naive thinking.

So, judging by their assumptions, all photographers are ugly? I suppose that includes themselves too!

Originally posted by jsbn
    1st, my views on those 'guy photographers' u overheard.

They are not fit to be called photographers in the first place. There is no gender in a profession/hobby. Masculine or Feminine DO NOT exist in any profession or hobby. They are qualified voueyers. Period.

As for 'who wanna take whose photos' is highly subjective. Doesn't mean u're hell ugly or 'un-chio' means u have to hide behind the camera. Shallow naive thinking.

So, judging by their assumptions, all photographers are ugly? I suppose that includes themselves too!
    aiya everyone here is entitled to their own opinion/view mah

dun have to be so harsh harsh abt it mah

one side in and if u dun like what u read then let it out the other side lah

anyway dats what open forum is all about right

totally free public speaking
    Last edited by MrBig; 28th July 2003 at 01:22 PM.

Default Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

aiya everyone here is entitled to their own opinion/view mah
    Actually, it shouldn't be the case. Not when these opinions impinge on others' sensitivities. You've just insulted 52% of the Singaporean population, and about 3 billion women around the world, by airing your mysogynistic, chauvanistic views. You don't think they're insulting, sure, but then again you're not the target of the small-mindedness are you?

Think you may need to rethink how you perceive the world, Mr Bigot.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Thought I should address this too... men are at the tops of their respective professions cos they have insiduously infused notions of gender inequality into societal structures which they have used to subjugate women, who are thereafter trapped by false conceptions of inequality and by restrictive insitutionalised sex-biased rules.

IE, in case this is too hard for you to grasp, men are at the top because they put themselves there and have since incessantly kept the women down. No other reason.

(btw if this sounds like a bra-burning, feminist discourse, could I just state that I'm a guy...)

watever

if dun like what u see/read then click NEXT PAGE

wanna oppose then by all means

good on ya

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

dats becos they've got the 'balls' to throw in the extra salt, sugar and whatever ingredients that the women r afraid they've added too much which they may think is unhealthy or will get them fat.

for us men, we dun care about whether the extra bits gonna make us unhealthy or add a few lard to our bellies.

what we care most is the TASTE and the satisfaction to our tummies
    You don't get what she is trying to say do you?? You can't read between the lines or what?

Lavenderlilz: think you better spell it out for him in black and white.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by NitroTech
    You don't get what she is trying to say do you?? You can't read between the lines or what?

Lavenderlilz: think you better spell it out for him in black and white.
    hahaha nitro...finally see ya in here too

i know lah and do u think i care hahahaha

besides i'm just pointing out my personal views to the topic and what i firmly believe in

Last edited by MrBig; 28th July 2003 at 02:06 PM.

wow.. what a discussion..

well, I guess the statement about Gals and machine don't mix is quite a passe.. Quite a number of female photographers that I know are really good, even into the specs of the equiptment.. hmm.. say for example our own CS photographer Dagger... and some ladies are more tech savy than the guys too..

Well, think its not who is behind the camera, i think the final work speaks for itself.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

hahaha nitro...finally see ya in here too

i know lah and do u think i care hahahaha

besides i'm just pointing out my personal views to the topic and what i firmly believe in

Yeah i think you do or else why reply?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What r your views abt lady photographers?

Originally posted by NitroTech
    Yeah i think you do or else why reply?
    i just love to read what other people here hv to say

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast