Thread: Fireworks III - NDP rehearsal 2003

Default Fireworks III - NDP rehearsal 2003

Last Part :

Nice !

Blog Entries

Well Done Fred, excellent shots, for all the series, I to III. I did not manage to get as many good shots as you.

Cheers

wat settings did u use

I like the 3rd one ... perfect timing
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Excellent shots, especially the 3rd one! I feel so "helpless" taking fireworks. Cos after I press the shutter thinking the rght moment is there, I could never control what is to come during that a few seconds. A few times I get overexposed areas cos during the exposure suddenly there'd be a burst of lights. Even if I cover the lens using bulb mode, it's really hard to predict what will really appear as the final image. It's mainly about timing right? And I think you've got it very well in your shots.

Originally posted by chngpe01
    Well Done Fred, excellent shots, for all the series, I to III. I did not manage to get as many good shots as you.

Cheers
    Thanks Peng Eik, I did miss out quite a few shots while changing CF card, worst of all, have to format it (forgot to do it before the event).

Guys, learn from my lesson, check your gears before every shoot.

Originally posted by blizzy
    wat settings did u use
    I used Shutter priority, speed between 3-10 sec .... aperture set by camera, ISO125.

Originally posted by kiwi2
    Excellent shots, especially the 3rd one! I feel so "helpless" taking fireworks. Cos after I press the shutter thinking the rght moment is there, I could never control what is to come during that a few seconds. A few times I get overexposed areas cos during the exposure suddenly there'd be a burst of lights. Even if I cover the lens using bulb mode, it's really hard to predict what will really appear as the final image. It's mainly about timing right? And I think you've got it very well in your shots.
    Thanks Kiwi2, I guess it all boils down to luck. My previous trieds did not turn out well also, keep trying.

did u use a black card?

when do u set ur camera to shoot? timer? wait till u see the initial fireworks? or just press and pray for the best?

Originally posted by blizzy
    did u use a black card?

Nope.

when do u set ur camera to shoot? timer? wait till u see the initial fireworks? or just press and pray for the best?
    I waited for the initial firework then start clicking.

Excellent, the 2nd and 3rd one looks good. Great timing!

Great shots! Love the 3rd image.. perfect timing!

Thanks once again guys!