Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: light room 2

Default Re: light room 2

OK . That is correct.

Let say , I want to save the images i just touch up and burn to cd. I must export it with the presets so that the retouch photo is as it is when open.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    OK . That is correct.

Let say , I want to save the images i just touch up and burn to cd. I must export it with the presets so that the retouch photo is as it is when open.
    Correct!

Thanks for the help. Appreciate alots.
    Think of concepts and work towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    OK . That is correct.

you just export the photos... no presets required....
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    i find the database access in LR2 much faster than in LR1. exposure and such was a problem on the old PC but with the iMac no problem
    Hi Michael,

Some would remember, I hated LR v1. I cannot stand Adobe Bridge either. Both to me were junks. But since Bridge came with CS3, what the heck, been enduring, and suffering at times.

Wonder if you had heard of or had any experience with LR2 running on Quad Core with 4GB RAM?

Really need to get away from Bridge.

What I need is something that can handle large folders with 200-400 images, and a total of about 2TB of images spread over on 4 HDD.

Got to have something better than Bridge. Changing to MAC is not an option at this time

DP
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Hi DP
    mac or pc does not really matter... brain power does... so if you are thinking to get a new PC then LR2 should be running fine on it...
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

Good news for LR2 users!

Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom 2.1 release candidate

The final version will be released soon!
    Last edited by diCam; 21st September 2008 at 10:27 AM.

Ehh.. I installed my LR2 trial, and then when I need to use LR2, I turn my computer clock back by 5 years.. now I can use it for 1820 days

But.. no updates.. I'll have to get LR2 soon if the 2.1 patch optimises the lagginess.
    Last edited by Headshotzx; 21st September 2008 at 02:25 PM.
    Our pictures are our footprints. It’s the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    Ehh.. I installed my LR2 trial, and then when I need to use LR2, I turn my computer clock back by 5 years.. now I can use it for 1820 days

But.. no updates.. I'll have to get LR2 soon if the 2.1 patch optimises the lagginess.
    Riceball has a darn good price for the local version, check here. Get a proper copy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Wonder if you had heard of or had any experience with LR2 running on Quad Core with 4GB RAM?

What I need is something that can handle large folders with 200-400 images, and a total of about 2TB of images spread over on 4 HDD.
    I'm running LR2 on a Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz with 3.5GB RAM. I don't have as many photos as you do, but I do use LR2 to process my RAW photos (10MP). It's not as fast as I want it to be, especially when rendering previews, but it's decent and I love the dual monitor support. It's more responsive compared to LR1 and it's more user-friendly now.

What I feel is that LR2 should have little, if any, issues with your workload. Can always download the trial version and give it a try.

easiest way is to use the catalogue feature. If you want to transfer the files from the PC to the laptop for the first time, then make sure you check "export negative files" once edited on the laptop and you want to bring them back to the PC, again export as catalogue but this time leave the negative files out as they are already resident on both computers. When using catalogues LR will automatically check the files and synchronise
    Sorry to dig up this old thread again.
    The workflow they you suggested had been working great for me, but recently I had been facing problem in exporting folder as catalog. It just prompt a message "Lightroom was unable to export the catalog" What it means?
    I already done some search on the net but not much useful information. The path to the image are all correct.
    Anyone can help???

Quote Originally Posted by Cursor View Post
    The workflow they you suggested had been working great for me, but recently I had been facing problem in exporting folder as catalog. It just prompt a message "Lightroom was unable to export the catalog" What it means?
    I already done some search on the net but not much useful information. The path to the image are all correct.
    Anyone can help???
    have you tried to clean up your catalogue before exporting? go Edit/Catalogue Setting at the bottom hit relaunch and optimize... see if this helps
    Never forget rule 5
    My Flickr

have you tried to clean up your catalogue before exporting? go Edit/Catalogue Setting at the bottom hit relaunch and optimize... see if this helps
    Yes I did that. That is one of the solutions that I manage to googles out. But it don't help....

Anymore ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cursor View Post
    I remember that one, had it also some weeks ago. Seems to be a bug. In the export dialog box LR expects a file name which must end on .lrcat (funnily). LR will then create a folder of that name where the DNG's and the database are copied to. Everything else that does not end on .lrcat will cause the described error message.
    (I'm using XP Prof, SP3, 32bit.)

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    I remember that one, had it also some weeks ago. Seems to be a bug. In the export dialog box LR expects a file name which must end on .lrcat (funnily). LR will then create a folder of that name where the DNG's and the database are copied to. Everything else that does not end on .lrcat will cause the described error message.
    (I'm using XP Prof, SP3, 32bit.)
    Just tried what u suggested. Still the same. It just don't work. I even reinstall the LR2.1, still the same.
    But if I create a new Catalog and import some folders into it. I can export is as catalog, no issue.
    Seem to be a problem with my current catalog that I am working on....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12