Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RAW or Jpeg?

Default Re: RAW or Jpeg?

Quote Originally Posted by cavemonkey View Post
    I always shoot my photos in RAW format
    then shoot RAW. Nothing wrong to shoot RAW.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    activating the turbo gonna cost u fuel consumption..aka processing time
    got kick wor bro.. btw let's not OT. haha...
    [Canon EOS 5D II + 40D | EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II + 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II] [Fuji X-Pro1 + XF35mm f/1.4]

Thanks guys for all your replies to my question. I think I shld go read up somemore on the 2.

But for now I guess I would just stick to RAW format. As what some of you guys out there said, it sort of gives you more room in editing your photos. And some of you mentioned abt the quality of the photo, that I did somehow realise also when compared.

heys, actually it's jux the memory it takes, RAW format takes more than JPEG hahs
    Photography & Audiophile Addict :lovegrin:

n yeah, 4gt to mentn, RAW format is easier to edit, i always ise them for photoshop stock images
    Photography & Audiophile Addict :lovegrin:

In around 2006 I decided to shoot everything in RAW because I wanted to have the best possible quality and all the possible information in the file. However, a few weeks ago I was going through my library and realized I had thousands of photographs that I just saved "for later editing" and never did anything with.

Most of those are family photos or things I don't care to spend any time doing any post processing, but I'd love to post to Flickr or make an Aperture (or iPhoto) book of and share with family and friends... but I can't because the RAW files look terrible unless I spend some time with them (White Balance, Contrast, Saturation, Sharpening, etc.)

I decided shooting everything in RAW was not for me and from now on I'm only using RAW for planned photo shoots and I'm sticking with JPEG for everything else.

I actually wrote a post about this on my site where I put a table or RAW vs. JPEG from my point of view if you're interested.

old thread but I thought I give my 2 cents. If you are a professional , RAW is surely the way to go. If you like me... JPEG is fine for casual shots. But for set up studio or whatever that its so important, RAW is the way to go.

agree with shutterstation so much on his views... It might be the case that i cannot share the thousand of pics I took all these while cuz I have not edited the pictures! Thats a pain!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12