Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you trust students?

Default Re: Do you trust students?

For me, if the students is really genuine. I wouldnt mind selling at a couple of hundreds cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokka View Post
    For me, if the students is really genuine. I wouldnt mind selling at a couple of hundreds cheaper.
    wow couple of hundreds, ok next time u post in BnS, all the student will flood ur PM.

When I sell my stuff, its the same price to all. I'm not SMRT, no concession to students.

P.S. That doesn't mean I don't trust students.

wah set. i chope first. then when i sell i add a couple of hundreds back to the price.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    When I sell my stuff, its the same price to all. I'm not SMRT, no concession to students.

P.S. That doesn't mean I don't trust students.
    lol your analogy is goot

i only trust rich students....
    no $$$, no talk.

I got a UniSim student ID. Which makes me a genuine student.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

But what about those "enterprising" students who will resell the stuff you sell them for a couple of hundreds more?

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I got a UniSim student ID. Which makes me a genuine student.
    Hmm...I think as a seller, of course I have to draw the lines. Im not sure about the others but for me, if Im selling to a sec sch/poly aged students who's keen in photography and I am looking to dispose of that item, I wouldnt mind selling it slightly cheaper. Note the word slightly of course depends on the item and the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    But what about those "enterprising" students who will resell the stuff you sell them for a couple of hundreds more?
    That of course I cant control but if I want to sell something, and if that price is comfortable for me, I'll do it. Whether the person has the ability to re-sell that thing at a higher price is up to his discretion. The thing is, I want to sell off that thing. If I am comfortable with the price, its fine. That of course is my humble opinion.

That of course I cant control but if I want to sell something, and if that price is comfortable for me, I'll do it. Whether the person has the ability to re-sell that thing at a higher price is up to his discretion. The thing is, I want to sell off that thing. If I am comfortable with the price, its fine. That of course is my humble opinion.
    i see

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    I only deal with female students.
    , so far, I only dealt with 1 female student and it was only for less than 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by windwaver View Post
    , so far, I only dealt with 1 female student and it was only for less than 10 mins
    oooh that was a quick deal

ok sexual innuendos aside, did she ask for a discount based on her status as a student? (and did she try to teh you?haha!)

Who is selling?

You or her?

wa, 10 mins only, TS could have had a longer deal if he wanted....

Many a time, I'll encounter students asking for special prices when I'm selling my stuff but I have my doubts.

1) Parent ask children to buy for them at cheap price
    2) Freaking rich parents
    3) Students buying low then re-sell at higher price

Just want to have a show of hands if people in here really trust students or children asking for lower prices. I'm not saying everybody's like that but there're chances
    Sooo.... what is the percentage of cheats and con-artists out there in Singapore that are adults? as opposed to students?

Quote Originally Posted by sh_37 View Post
    Sooo.... what is the percentage of cheats and con-artists out there in Singapore that are adults? as opposed to students?
    how about those secondary sch/poly students who sell paper clips/paper stars for their beloved sunshine empire ?
    perhaps you can say is the adults that brainwashed them but in the end the action is still done by the students...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 13th September 2008 at 12:21 PM.

Smile Re: Do you trust students?

Once had a interested party for my camera & after much inquiries from him, he told me that he is a student. I agreed to lower the price then close to the day when we suppose to meet up, I accidentally broke my batt grip catch, so I offered to further lower my price but he has to send in CSC himself for the replacement. He 'disappeared' all of a sudden w/o telling me if he still wants it after telling me that he rather prefer me to get it replaced. What happened to 'student/s' nowadays? Dun even have the courtesy to inform if they are still interested anot.

For those who has dealed with me knows that I had sold numerous things in good conditions. Next time if someone who tell me that he/she a student, I dun think I will be willing to lower. Prefer to sell to those non-nosense genuine buyers & not much question. I personally dun mind if the buyer come over & reject after seeing the item is not up to their expectations than to ask so many questions & the last one would be "Can u lower your price further?" <-- crap I will choose not to reply to these people.
    Last edited by Crabby; 13th September 2008 at 05:29 PM.
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

sorry, i just have to dig out this thread because of this thread

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...87#post4778587

Student, but wants to buy M6 rf for $600
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    sorry, i just have to dig out this thread because of this thread

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...87#post4778587

Student, but wants to buy M6 rf for $600
    That's like finding kryptonite.

Many a time, I'll encounter students asking for special prices when I'm selling my stuff but I have my doubts.

1) Parent ask children to buy for them at cheap price
    2) Freaking rich parents
    3) Students buying low then re-sell at higher price

Just want to have a show of hands if people in here really trust students or children asking for lower prices. I'm not saying everybody's like that but there're chances
    Of course I trust students. I trust all people the same way, until they show that they are not worthy of trust. When I sell my stuff, I will also be fair to everyone, regardless of whether they are the CEO of a corporation, students or NSFs. The only people I give special prices (at my loss) are friends and family.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast