Thread: Too good to be true?

Default Too good to be true?

Price, contact are there....any brother want to try out and update us?

http://shops.st701.com/shops/view/60...h_text%3Dnikon

Default Re: Too good to be true?

Looks like the typical scam posts. Also, the listed phone number is the fax number of ExpressAsiaPac, the reseller of Quark software:

http://ss.expressasiapac.com/contact.html
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Price, contact are there....any brother want to try out and update us?

http://shops.st701.com/shops/view/60...h_text%3Dnikon
    hahah... a D700 cost more then a D3 and they all like fire sale prices hahahah... I wonder are there pirated version of Nikon and Canon DSLRs hahahah....

Anyhow... I've clicked the report scam to alert ST701 so that appropriate action can be taken

Anyhow... I've clicked the report scam to alert ST701 so that appropriate action can be taken
    great or kapor minds think alike heheh...I did tat once I read it just now too hahahahah

Damn it....the scumbag did actually replied....the modus operandy is exactly like those Romanian scam....you have been warn!!!

Hello ,

Thanks for your enquiries,

We have this Model of Camera in store for sale right now we sell the Nikon D300 at the sum of 700USD .This is a brand new Nikon cameras,Sealed in manufacturer box with complete accessories + battery and it work perfectly well.

We are given this Nikon cameras out with the warranty of 1year and Shipment is via FedEx this is 48hrs shipment that is 2days delivery and it is a home delivery to your door step.

Payment is guarantee via western union money Transfer for units sales and bank to bank wire transfer for bulk order and as soon as your payment is being confirmed your package will be shipped out immediately and i will get back to you with the Tracking confirmation code of your package.

So can you tell us Know your quantity on this camera for the first time being our customer so that we can note your order and give you the total cost of your order including the shipping charges to your location.

Awaiting your response.
    Regards

On 01/09/2008, Desmond Yong (dxyong) wrote:

> This is with regards to your Ad at http://shops.st701.com/shops/view/60250
    >
    > Is this brand new or used? I am interested in Nikon D700.

Damn it....the scumbag did actually replied....the modus operandy is exactly like those Romanian scam....you have been warn!!!

[I][COLOR=blue]Hello ,

Thanks for your enquiries,

We have this Model of Camera in store for sale right now we sell the Nikon D300 at the sum of 700USD .This is a brand new Nikon cameras,Sealed in manufacturer box with complete accessories + battery and it work perfectly well.

We are given this Nikon cameras out with the warranty of 1year and Shipment is via FedEx this is 48hrs shipment that is 2days delivery and it is a home delivery to your door step.

Payment is guarantee via western union money Transfer for units sales and bank to bank wire transfer for bulk order and as soon as your payment is being confirmed your package will be shipped out immediately and i will get back to you with the Tracking confirmation code of your package.

So can you tell us Know your quantity on this camera for the first time being our customer so that we can note your order and give you the total cost of your order including the shipping charges to your location.

Awaiting your response.
    Regards
    The stuff I have highlighted in red are RED ALERT clues of the scam!
    1) "right now" - they always tell you they have stock right now to give you the impression that their stock very hot... macham turnover rate v high and wahhh... so lucky, "right now" got ah... so better buy "right now" also.
    2) "work perfectly well" - Scammers always say their things "work perfectly". Jus think about it, how many genuine sellers have said their things "work perfectly well"? It either works or does not... stop blowing hot air... besides, nothing is perfect, wake up!

This part is impt and applies to all online transactions:
    3) "Shipment is via FedEx" & "Tracking confirmation code" - The reason they ship via FedEx and give you this "Tracking confirmation code" is to give you a false sense of security. They want to appear as genuine by giving you a means to track your package but in actual fact, this tracking number is useless and you will be unable to track any information about the seller or the package. They have a way to go about it such that they can get a valid number without sending any package.

4) "western union money Transfer" & "bank to bank wire transfer" - The NUMBER ONE RED ALERT, esp. since this directly concerns your money. Be very very very careful about sending money for internet purchases through these methods. In fact, these 2 methods are the worst payment methods for buyer's financial safety as there is NO WAY you can trace or check any information about the buyer or his account. Your money is gone forever... don't know to who and where.
    Paypal is safe as you will be able to trace and report the seller and paypal can reverse the transaction for you... i.e. get a refund.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.