Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K20 price drop ; possible?

Default Re: K20 price drop ; possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    is it possible that the price of the K20 will drop sometime soon?
    I'm looking at the pentax range(didnt like the feel of the k200) and was wondering if the price will drop anytime soon.

Any info much appreciated!
    thanks!
    Samsung juz released the gx-20 at 100+ dollars cheaper than the K20D in HK recently. They might release here too. Its functionally the same body...........

Quote Originally Posted by xdivider View Post
    Samsung juz released the gx-20 at 100+ dollars cheaper than the K20D in HK recently. They might release here too. Its functionally the same body...........
    Samsung was already selling the GX20 at Comex, so I suppose we can consider that they have released it already? Can't do a fair price comparison with the K20D since the packages were different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    Samsung was already selling the GX20 at Comex, so I suppose we can consider that they have released it already? Can't do a fair price comparison with the K20D since the packages were different.
    It can been play with at Vivo City Samsung Showroom
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gengh View Post
    What was the price they offered? I was at HK during Comex. From what I remembered from their pc show brochures, it was 6500 hkd for body, 7000hkd for kit and 7650 for 2 lens kit. thats abt 1200 for body if my sums are right and Samsung warranty is international afaik.......

Samsung may well sell the GX-20 cheaper than the K20D here but in the event of service, it really is uncharted territory who is going to provide proven after sales support. Buy a Pentax and you know you'll get friendly and experienced tech staff who give good support.

I think that's definitely a big plus.

they have released the GX20. just went to MS color.
    k20 kit was 1799. gx20 kit was 1830 .
    both no freebies
    any idea why both have the same specs and yet the gx 20 kit is more than $100 cheaper?

both no freebies
    any idea why both have the same specs and yet the gx 20 kit is more than $100 cheaper?
    u might wanna wait for a zero dollar airfare and fly over hong kong to buy. Probably cover the ticket value to buy there..........

both no freebies
    Typo in your post? You listed the k20 at a lower price but you said it is more than $100 above the gx20.

Quote Originally Posted by watchthewaves View Post
    Typo in your post? You listed the k20 at a lower price but you said it is more than $100 above the gx20.
    yup.. my bad ,typed wrongly psps
    prices are correctly , I guess it was 'cos I was reading just before I posted some places that the GX 20 was $100 cheaper than the K20 and was still thinking of it haha
    psps
    Last edited by Grey Knight; 10th September 2008 at 11:18 AM.

Thanks for clarifying. Hmmm.... if the Pentax is cheaper than the Samsung, wonder how Samsung going to sell?

Just checked Amazon -- US$999.99. They used to be slightly more expensive than Adorama, but doesn't seem to be the case now man. Works out to S$1,430+. Free shipping in the US. Tempting man. Now to look for someone coming back from the US. hehheh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12