Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LX3 build quality

Default LX3 build quality

anyone worried about the analogue switch for on/off and shoot/review pic buttons?
    I love my LX3, but worried the buttons will give way. I know my bro in law's canon ixus 60 had this pbm after 1 year use exactly. What about past user of panasonic cam forummers, anyone experience button failure specifically in panasonic cameras??

Default Re: LX3 build quality

I have used my FZ50 for more than 2 yrs.
    More than 4k photos have been taken so far, I din have any problem with my baby yet.
    So I think that it should be alright as long as you dun use that too rudely bah!

I think potential LX3 buyer might want to note. Unlike in a FZ50 which also have a TTL hot-shoe, Olympus flash (4/3 standard) may not fit into the LX3. I have tried my FL36 on the LX3, it doesn't seem to be able to fit.

And the original Panasonic flash are quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    I think potential LX3 buyer might want to note. Unlike in a FZ50 which also have a TTL hot-shoe, Olympus flash (4/3 standard) may not fit into the LX3. I have tried my FL36 on the LX3, it doesn't seem to be able to fit.

impossible, i have the fl36r and the vivitar 285hv.
    they all share the same mount size and all fit into the 3rd party flash hotshoe adaptor which i use for radio wireless .
    Had tried the vivitar 285 on the lx3...all fit and work perfectly, no reason why yr doesn't work, Even a chinese forum already had someone shooting with the lx-3 and fl36r combo
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

The Panny flashes are rebadged Oly flashes anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    impossible, i have the fl36r and the vivitar 285hv.
    they all share the same mount size and all fit into the 3rd party flash hotshoe adaptor which i use for radio wireless .
    Had tried the vivitar 285 on the lx3...all fit and work perfectly, no reason why yr doesn't work, Even a chinese forum already had someone shooting with the lx-3 and fl36r combo
    I am using a FL36 not FL36R, I have tried with two of the LX3 in the Comex show it didn't fit. It is not the connector issues, but rather the gap of the hot-shoe is too small ( compared to a FZ50).

Hence I would advise before you buy a third-parties flash for LX3, bring your camera along....

Maybe you didn't loosen the flash connector first before trying to slide it in. As far as I know, the flash mounting is standard for all DSLRs and P&S cameras... even film cameras.

Doesn't it remind you something?
    http://us.leica-camera.com/photograp...meras/d-lux_3/

It should give an idea of the build quality.
    Last edited by toulcaz31; 1st September 2008 at 05:38 PM.
    Leica M7|Zeiss 30mm f/2|Voigtlander 12mm f/5.6|Jupiter-3 50mm f/1.5|Rolleiflex Automat|Fuji X-Pro1

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Maybe you didn't loosen the flash connector first before trying to slide it in. As far as I know, the flash mounting is standard for all DSLRs and P&S cameras... even film cameras.
    I unfasten it from my FZ50 & try to put it in the LX3. Why would I fasten it before slotting it into the hot shoe? One possibility is that the display set's hot shoe is dented.

So wat flash can be used??
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post
    So wat flash can be used??
    olympus based ttl flash or those single pin auto thyristor flash all work with it

I unfasten it from my FZ50 & try to put it in the LX3. Why would I fasten it before slotting it into the hot shoe? One possibility is that the display set's hot shoe is dented.
    that unit could be either too new or faulty

olympus based ttl flash or those single pin auto thyristor flash all work with it
    Thks!....will chk it out...
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

Thks!....will chk it out...
    alternatively any of the nikon flash in A mode will also work with the Lx-3 too.

alternatively any of the nikon flash in A mode will also work with the Lx-3 too.
    Nikon too ex.....

u mean SB800 on LX3?

Quote Originally Posted by initialE24 View Post
    u mean SB800 on LX3?
    Later I try SB900 on LX 3...

Wink Re: LX3 build quality

With SB 900 bounce ceiling! good....no need buy flash!

[
    With SB 900 bounce ceiling! good....no need buy flash!
    Lx3 + SB900 = deadly combination

Talking Re: LX3 build quality

Lx3 + SB900 = deadly combination
    Like Black Knights!..... thks!
    Last edited by AxeLa; 1st September 2008 at 10:53 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast