Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to revive your dslr when it dont start

Default Re: how to revive your dslr when it dont start

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    my eos d60 died last thursday.

when turn "on" the top lcd shows my:
    1) iso setting than
    2) para 1 and just hang there.

but i didnt want to replace it now, was hoping it will last for another 2-3yrs, than i upgrade to 50d when the price drops.

so what did i do?

back in the 70s, what do you do when the tv or radio or electrical appliance doesnt work?

HIT IT! AND HIT IT HARD!!!!

and it suddenly boot up!!!! so i was able to shoot the performance at "central" for mid autum festival celebration last night.

praying hard it stays alive until 50d price drop.
    u never do CPR on it...

1) Shake it abit, and ask, hello hello, are you ok?
    2) If no response, call for ambulance and commence CPR
    3) Remove the body cap to clear airway, tilt it up to see focusing screen and sensor.
    If airway is blocked, use a finger to flip the mirror (tongue) up. Maintain head tilt chin lift.
    4) Ensure that the seal is complete so that there is no air leak, if in doubt, open your mouth to the widest.
    5) Do 2 blow into the opening.
    6) Do 15 compression.
    ** Repeat for 5&6 for 15mins and reassess.**

Method of compression, keep both elbow and shoulder locked and press down. You should hear a crackling sound, that means its correct.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

hi dennis

you may wish to rub the contact points that connect to the battery. Otherwise, refresh the firmware may help. if its not a contact, battery issue or software issue, you may wish to keep it as a paper weight.

If you have cash to splurge, send to camera shops like P&G, TCW, Cam Hospital or even canon SC for a quote... not sure how well you know them, but you can try your luck to have it refurb cheaply. Who knows, CSC may have some components as redundant spares and willing to fix it for a small fee out of goodwill.

I guess electronics do have a life span. if its well used, but not abused, then it had probably served you well and its time for the old gear to take a back seat to enjoy its glory in a glass showcase.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u never do CPR on it...

1) Shake it abit, and ask, hello hello, are you ok?
    2) If no response, call for ambulance and commence CPR
    3) Remove the body cap to clear airway, tilt it up to see focusing screen and sensor.
    If airway is blocked, use a finger to flip the mirror (tongue) up. Maintain head tilt chin lift.
    4) Ensure that the seal is complete so that there is no air leak, if in doubt, open your mouth to the widest.
    5) Do 2 blow into the opening.
    6) Do 15 compression.
    ** Repeat for 5&6 for 15mins and reassess.**

Method of compression, keep both elbow and shoulder locked and press down. You should hear a crackling sound, that means its correct.
    sounds like someone's been learning lifesaving

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Knight View Post
    sounds like someone's been learning lifesaving
    did that 10 years ago, just that some things are harder to forget...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    did that 10 years ago, just that some things are harder to forget...
    Especially when you go all excited about the practical part, then they pull out a freaking fugly rubber doll for you to practice on!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Especially when you go all excited about the practical part, then they pull out a freaking fugly rubber doll for you to practice on!
    ... and it's a male doll.
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12