Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 163

Thread: D60

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    72

    Default D60

    Finally i bought D60 at comex.I'm still in a learning stage.

    well i dont have a dry cabinet.Currently i place my camera inside Nikon bag in my room with air conditioner switch on at night....

    i need all ur expert advice whether is it a MUST to place your camera & lens inside dry cabinet?

    thanks..

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: D60

    Hi, congrats on getting a new camera... I am no expert here but if you are shooting often, then there is no need for a dry cabinet. At least in the short term. But as you expand your camera gear, there will be some things you will not use often, so ideally a dry box or cabinet will be nice to have considering the humdity in Singapore.

    I do not really go taking photos every single week so i leave my camera in a dry cabinet. :P

    Hope it helps! Happy shooting!

    Cheers,
    Regards,
    Herman

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: D60

    Gd for you. Did it come with Tamron lens/ Nikon lens? How much? Some have asked me to wait for
    D90' s arrival.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

  4. #4

    Default Re: D60

    My colleague has a D70 and had went to clean her lens/camera twice (due to fungi) and she puts them in the camera bag just like yours. Dry cabinet is not as ex as some ppl said. If it is going to save your expensive camera and lenses, it is well worth the money.

  5. #5

    Default Re: D60

    I guess if you're really tight at the moment, u can buy Thirsty Hippo first and then put it tgt with the dSLR at an airtight place. This can suffice for temporary purpose
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  6. #6
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: D60

    Get a dry cabinet.... you'd love it when you realise it prevented fungus attacks on your expensive camera gear which you have saved up for....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Get a dry cabinet.... you'd love it when you realise it prevented fungus attacks on your expensive camera gear which you have saved up for....
    But with just a D60 and its supporting cast of low-cost lenses i don't think its necessary
    You can get one once your lens collection increases (in both size and cost)

    just my 2 cents

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: D60

    thank you for all your suggestions..i will take into consideration..currently i only have kit len & 55-200 nikkor len..

    well,i went out shooting today..however,i found that sometimes when i set to either Auto or PSAM mode,i couldn't release the shutter button..

    why?any advice...thanks

    hi dancemania,

    i got my set at comex...dual lens from nikon..

  9. #9
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: D60

    Check the settings. You may be in Autofocus S mode (Single servo AF)

    This will not allow you to press the shutter UNTIL the in-focus indicator is displayed
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  10. #10

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by ahtshun23 View Post
    Finally i bought D60 at comex.I'm still in a learning stage.

    well i dont have a dry cabinet.Currently i place my camera inside Nikon bag in my room with air conditioner switch on at night....

    i need all ur expert advice whether is it a MUST to place your camera & lens inside dry cabinet?

    thanks..
    Don't keep it in the bag when you're not using it. It's better if you just leave it on the study table. Still, I'd recommend getting a small drycabinet or drybox.

  11. #11

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Get a dry cabinet.... you'd love it when you realise it prevented fungus attacks on your expensive camera gear which you have saved up for....
    Some people need to wait for fungus to grow before they regret. Let them learn the hard way if they choose to. In SG's humid climate, it's not that hard to get fungus to grow.

  12. #12

    Default Re: D60

    hey dude,
    what the package price and offer u got at comex

    Quote Originally Posted by ahtshun23 View Post
    thank you for all your suggestions..i will take into consideration..currently i only have kit len & 55-200 nikkor len..

    well,i went out shooting today..however,i found that sometimes when i set to either Auto or PSAM mode,i couldn't release the shutter button..

    why?any advice...thanks

    hi dancemania,

    i got my set at comex...dual lens from nikon..

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    115

    Default Re: D60

    I'm looking to get the D60 too. Probably soon...miss the Comex but think not too bad lah...can always checkout friendly neighbourhood shop

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: D60

    hi burben69

    got mine at comex at SGD 1288 dual lenses.

    i intend to get a book to read on D60.i have two books on mind..is it good?

    1. Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D60 (Magic Lantern Guides)
    2. David Busch's Nikon D60 Guide to Digital SLR Photography (Paperback)

    please comments..
    thanks

  15. #15

    Default Re: D60

    just got my D60 dual lens kit from Comex yesterday as well.
    $1288 with all the freebie offer in comex plus a german made UV filter.

    am thinking of should get a dry box or not now??

  16. #16

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by ahtshun23 View Post
    hi burben69

    got mine at comex at SGD 1288 dual lenses.

    i intend to get a book to read on D60.i have two books on mind..is it good?

    1. Magic Lantern Guides: Nikon D60 (Magic Lantern Guides)
    2. David Busch's Nikon D60 Guide to Digital SLR Photography (Paperback)

    please comments..
    thanks
    where can i get this 2 book? and how much?
    any website can we visit t learn more abt D60?
    I have gone thru the Nikon D60 lesson on the web...nothing much to learn leh....

  17. #17
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1968 View Post
    just got my D60 dual lens kit from Comex yesterday as well.
    $1288 with all the freebie offer in comex plus a german made UV filter.

    am thinking of should get a dry box or not now??
    Well, depends on how much u wanna risk it... or if you find that it's not costly to get new lenses to replace those damaged by fungus...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  18. #18
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by ctm1968 View Post
    where can i get this 2 book? and how much?
    any website can we visit t learn more abt D60?
    I have gone thru the Nikon D60 lesson on the web...nothing much to learn leh....
    Go read the basics on the Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO first.

    Then keep shooting and trying... u can't learn everything off a book, you'd need to have hands on practise
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  19. #19

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Well, depends on how much u wanna risk it... or if you find that it's not costly to get new lenses to replace those damaged by fungus...
    btw how much is a drybox in the market?
    any good lobong where to get 1?
    thanks!

  20. #20

    Default Re: D60

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Go read the basics on the Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO first.

    Then keep shooting and trying... u can't learn everything off a book, you'd need to have hands on practise
    I agreed with u, hands on is important.
    have been reading all about Aperture, Shutter speed and ISO all over internet today....

    any good site to recommand?

Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •