Thread: Pls give me any suggestion or comment to improve my shooting skill. appreciate!!!

Talking Pls give me any suggestion or comment to improve my shooting skill. appreciate!!!

Last edited by mishell; 30th August 2008 at 10:45 AM.

Default Re: Pls give me any suggestion or comment to improve my shooting skill. appreciate!!!

Not bad for newbie. Composition is fine. Looks like focus is on the lower portion of the water lily.
    Need to work on the focusing and exposure, as it is a little dim.
    May be you should share the setup of the shot, so pple in the forum can give you more advise.
    Canon5D 50mm/100mm (macro)/24-105mm/100-400mm
    My flickr

Default Re: Pls give me any suggestion or comment to improve my shooting skill. appreciate!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomasq View Post
    Not bad for newbie. Composition is fine. Looks like focus is on the lower portion of the water lily.
    Need to work on the focusing and exposure, as it is a little dim.
    May be you should share the setup of the shot, so pple in the forum can give you more advise.
    Hi,Thanks for yr super fast respond. yep! U r right! I have just checked my photo settings, I had set -0.7EV for exposure when I was shooting.. sob sob. that's may be the reason why it looks a little dim. So, I will try to work on the focusing and exposure. Thx!!

BTW, the setup of the shot is :
    Nikon D300 16-85VR Zoom lens
    Aperture: F/7.1
    Shutter Speed: 1/200s
    Exposure : -0.7EV

If u shot in RAW, then you can adjust the exposure level during post processing... The lily colour looks too artificial to me, probably due to over saturation in PS.

Btw, I think this thread should be in the critique section.
    D700|24-70 f2.8|50mm f1.8|105VR f2.8 Micro|28-70 f3.5-4.5|SB600|SB800