Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If trampoline jumping can be considered an Olympic sport...

Default Re: If trampoline jumping can be considered an Olympic sport...

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    I will watch if one day they let the horse ride human instead as they jump over hurdles and water traps.
    I would pay good money to see this.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

This should make into Olympics:

Last edited by Sion; 29th August 2008 at 07:38 PM.

on a more serious note, how do you define a sport and whether it is suitable for the Olympics? i understand that there are some really lame events or so-called sports that have been in the Olympics... e.g., chess was once in the Olympics. i am really amazed that this is even considered a sport.

i'm thinking... is Squash considered a sport? if yes, then why isn't it included in the Olympics?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    on a more serious note, how do you define a sport and whether it is suitable for the Olympics? i understand that there are some really lame events or so-called sports that have been in the Olympics... e.g., chess was once in the Olympics. i am really amazed that this is even considered a sport.

i'm thinking... is Squash considered a sport? if yes, then why isn't it included in the Olympics?
    It's left to the IOC to decide I believe, and the various sporting agencies to lobby for their sport to get into the Olympics.

Baseball and softball, which happens to be more of a sport than trampoline jumping, is going to be removed from the next Olympics. Why remove baseball and softball and not trampoline jumping?
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

queuing competition... sure get gold one.. no need foreign talent.
    if not, then we'll have durian eating competition..

小轮车 shld be axed instead!!

BMX

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    I never said it wasn't hard. Jesus, people here can't seem to read my posts.

My point being that it's an Olympic sport! Hello people! Do you realise what you are saying? You're trying to justify trampoline jumping as an Olympic sport because of it's difficulty and risk? COME ON. You got to do better than that. There are a lot of "activities" which are hard and risky. I don't see them being made an Olympic sport.

Any activity at a world-standard level is hard to achieve. Rugby is a real sport, don't see that at the Olympics. Even rock climbing is more of a sport than trampoline jumping. Even bog snorkeling is more of a sport than trampoline jumping. I daresay the WWE is more of a sport than trampoline jumping.

Just the fact that trampoline jumping is a sport in itself is a freakin' joke.
    Were u starting this thread because China swept both golds in this event.. out of jealousy

Phew, look at the precision n concentration required to perform those exercise. it's by no means, easy or whatever u implied

http://en.beijing2008.cn/news/sports/headlines/trampoline/n214550234.shtml

CLICK pretty lady

...what other "sports" do you think could be considered for the Olympics?

Maybe Winning Eleven should be considered an Olympic sport? Or how about Frog Hunting? Perhaps Mud Wrestling (Women Only) should also be an Olympic sport?
    maybe catch spiders, then F them.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    maybe catch spiders, then F them.
    Do you happen to be the Spiderman?

Sorry, billiards is also not a real sport.

However, tug-of-war and pole-dancing I would definitely watch. Perhaps we could have girls doing pole-dancing while the tug-of-war is going on in front of the stage.
    U day dreaming? Cue sports is an Olympic sport but dunno why its not featured in the games. Maybe not enough interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic...ognized_sports

photography. carry heavy camera, carry heavier tripod, carry lenses.

dangerous too, risk getting beaten for candid shots, if not chase by security guard for taking photos at unauthorised areas(MRT), and sometimes the pictures so sharp, can cut. (ask VR MAN who uses VR bodies)

I read somewhere in one of the previous Olympics (either Athens or Sydney) they made ballroom dancing an exhibition sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WH3cSu64bA

Trampoline is gymnastics leh

Trampolining IS part of gymnastics ! Being a former gymnast i can attest tt the level of difficulty, hours needed in training and risk of injury is similar to the other events in gymnastics. And it is VERY different from bouncing ard in ur back yard trampoline. Its the same as saying that playing ''police and thief'' is the same as a 100m/200m sprint. I wont say its more of a sport then another sport, very hard to qualify such an answer.

However i muz disagree with WWE ...... its acting ..... its like watching a soap drama, albeit a very badly scripted one. If someone recommended UFC or K1 or some other type of free-style sparing as an olympic sport, THAT i ll watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    Were u starting this thread because China swept both golds in this event.. out of jealousy

Phew, look at the precision n concentration required to perform those exercise. it's by no means, easy or whatever u implied

http://en.beijing2008.cn/news/sports/headlines/trampoline/n214550234.shtml

CLICK pretty lady
    No, I don't even know how the "sport" is played, or who won the competition, or how it's judged, etc etc.

I just see "trampoline jumping" and a bell goes off in my head.

Why in the world would I be jealous of China winning 2 gold medals in this event? They have something like 60 altogether right? That means I would be jealous of all 60 gold medalists from China? You don't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    U day dreaming? Cue sports is an Olympic sport but dunno why its not featured in the games. Maybe not enough interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic...ognized_sports
    I'm not day dreaming. It's just my personal opinion.

Like how some people feel that trampoline jumping is an Olympic sport, I don't think it is. I don't think BMX is an Olympics sport either. Don't they have the X Games for that? Why not have skateboarding too? Rollerblading? Handgliding? Base jumping? Tooth brushing? Gor Li?

Why in the world would I be jealous of China winning 2 gold medals in this event? They have something like 60 altogether right? That means I would be jealous of all 60 gold medalists from China? You don't make any sense.
    "Jealousy is a motivation for greater height in human endeavour." - Yao Ming

Last edited by Sion; 30th August 2008 at 02:00 PM.

I'm not day dreaming. It's just my personal opinion.

Like how some people feel that trampoline jumping is an Olympic sport, I don't think it is. I don't think BMX is an Olympics sport either. Don't they have the X Games for that? Why not have skateboarding too? Rollerblading? Handgliding? Base jumping? Tooth brushing? Gor Li?
    So u do trampoline? i'm mean, surely u must have tried it before u can arrive to your opinion right? Or u just watch it on TV and decided what is a sport and what is not a sport?

Its up to the Olympic community to decide what sport to include in their games.

Football has the world cup and its still featured in Olympics. So do tennis with its grand slams. Other sports has their world championships as well and is also featured.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Do you happen to be the Spiderman?

there r many sports in the world. i wonder how long the Olypics would be if all the sports in the world were included...

den i remember Channel 5's Whacked Out Sports!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast