Thread: nikon d60

Default nikon d60

hey guys! i have a nikon d60 and i'm just wondering, is it better to leave the memory card, battery and lenses separate from the camera body? (all are still in the drybox though)

thanks alot!

Deregistered

Default Re: nikon d60

Quote Originally Posted by bingbangdingy View Post
    hey guys! i have a nikon d60 and i'm just wondering, is it better to leave the memory card, battery and lenses separate from the camera body? (all are still in the drybox though)

thanks alot!
    How do you intend to take pics?

You mean when storing? This is not recommended as even though it does nothing, during the point of lens seperation there is always a risk of dust(which is everywhere) getting onto your imaging sensor and causing sensor dust to appear on your images
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

haha i'm sorry, i meant when storing! thanks alot

You also must take out the strap. The strap absorbs your sweat, amongt others, and this contains salt which will corroded your metal parts!!

As Plastic outgass and will blur your optics/sensor, plastic cover, etc also must remove!!

However, by the time you worry all these, you have no time for using the camera already...

Quote Originally Posted by bingbangdingy View Post

thanks alot!
    Hi, I have a D60 too. I normally store with lens on sans battery, memory card and strap. Normally leather parts or moisture absorbent material are left out of the dry box/cabinet. Or else it will take longer than usual time to dry out the moisture inside to desired RH levels. And usually, they will harden and spoil after a long stint in the dry box/cabinet.

Hope it helps! :P

Cheers,
    Regards,
    Herman