Thread: pre-weddings tips needed

Deregistered

Default pre-weddings tips needed

Hi people,

i am looking to shoot pre-weddings and i like to get some tips.

1) what's the market rate?
    2) do we do prints or DVD or coffee table book?
    3) do the couple decide the location and poses or i decide?
    4) transport how to settle?
    5) ROM & Pre-weddings wads the difference

anyone can share with me their experiences and all? Thank you!

Default Re: pre-weddings tips needed

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird17 View Post
    Bro what you mean by difference between ROM and Pre-wedding? You mean you never shoot ROM before?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr View Post
    Bro what you mean by difference between ROM and Pre-wedding? You mean you never shoot ROM before?
    nope.. i have done a few couple shots but never ROM or paid assignments.

no lah. not sure pre-weddings n ROM the difference!!

I am not into pre wedding yet but soon. I am not sure how it is done but my take is go into a few ROM first find out how to pose a couple before venture into pre-wedding.

Deregistered

I am not into pre wedding yet but soon. I am not sure how it is done but my take is go into a few ROM first find out how to pose a couple before venture into pre-wedding.
    how to go to ROM when no friends getting married? haha.. actually i am posing is not a problem its i am not sure if i am suppose to pose the couple or they decide they pose since they are paying. also, if i am gonna pose i did like to choose the location hence this thread!

Then how to go to Pre-wedding when no friends married? Is better for you to pose them as you gain more control of composing your shots. They are not modelling train and will not know which pose is best for them. Location depends, if they have a place in mind, can follow suit else you will suggest a place for them.

Deregistered

Then how to go to Pre-wedding when no friends married? Is better for you to pose them as you gain more control of composing your shots. They are not modelling train and will not know which pose is best for them. Location depends, if they have a place in mind, can follow suit else you will suggest a place for them.
    i mean i want to shoot pre-wedding (paid) i am very comfy with couple shots but i was wondering only cus i have lots ideas in mind but the props and all :P

Hi people,

Market rate depends on how much you think your time is worth. Also factor in transportation cost, printing cost, eqipment cost.. etc
    Depends. Talk to the couple to see what is their expectations. Some of them wants photobook, some just want the soft copy.
    Discuss with the couple. They might have some special locations that they want to shoot at.
    If you are driving, than it's good if you can pick the couple up. If not, just tell them upfront that transportation not provided and they have to make their way there.
    ROM is events, you shoot in realtime, documenting the whole process. Pre-wedding is done months before the wedding where you have time to pose the couple and to do stage shots. Editing is also needed to make the photos nicer.

All the best!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    All the best!
    thanks!! really helps. say i don't drive and we be shooting at various locations so its ok me and the coupel travel together? hmm..looks like i got to work out the cost of photobooks and all first. As for pre-weddings, the couple need to be in wedding outfit or its up to them?

thanks!! really helps. say i don't drive and we be shooting at various locations so its ok me and the coupel travel together? hmm..looks like i got to work out the cost of photobooks and all first. As for pre-weddings, the couple need to be in wedding outfit or its up to them?

It's up to them. They can also opt to bring a few sets of clothes to change. So it's actually good to have a car. You can fetch them to the diff locations and they can change their clothes in the car too. If not, you have to find places that have toliets and also different background in one single location.

You need also to factor in the weather condition and forcast for location shoots. As well as the ambience and enviroment of whether dat place got any foreign workers hang out area or not. So after meeting the couple, your homework is to recce the suggested place, best like the actual timing that you want to have the shoot. extras to bring is always 2 big golf umbrellas and some mineral water and towels. Towels are quickest ways to cover camera in case sudden rain.

Good luck and happy hunting for places.

Usually if the couples are photogenic, they would naturally pose. But for those unphotogenic ones that I've gotten, mmm no choice lah but have to make them pose.

Pre-wedding = henna nights for malay weddings?
    constantly learning & trying.

Hi people,

1) whatever the client is willing to pay, i guess...haha

2) i'd say it prb depends on your clients unless u are exceptionally good in either one of the option, let them choose.
    of coz u work out the costs before hand so after they choose, u can quote them accordingy...and do quote after they made their choices....

3) ask if the couple has any requests regarding locations and poses. if they do, try to accomodate them...if not, u can suggest to them...

4) depends...but of coz what u charge if they drive and u drive should be different...

5) seriously...no idea what is pre-wedding...sorry
    G

Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
    Usually if the couples are photogenic, they would naturally pose. But for those unphotogenic ones that I've gotten, mmm no choice lah but have to make them pose.

Actually for us Malays, traditionally there are no pre-wedding. Malam Berinai is considered as the whole wedding celebration package. There's 2 types of Berinai : Berinai Kecil - bride having changes of outfits before solemnisation. Berinai Besar - couple outfit after solemnisation.

Hope this helps to enlighten.

Nazli

Deregistered

thanks people those info were most useful. esp golf umbrellas. hmm.. i could drive but my style i guess is very street sort of couple shots. i got a few places but they are all over singapore. i guess its up to the couple too. ROM i guess is the day he go for ROM (event documentary) pre-weddings are posed shots they couple liek to add to their album together with their ROM and Wedding actual day i think. I am not sure too hence asking around.

btw, do people do studio for pre-weddings or outdoors? or again it's up to the couple? so far anyone here done pre-wedding or ROM care to share? I am gonna be so nervous when i finally do so =p

btw, maybe i should work with a few more couples for free eg:friends before trying out and charging. A friend once said that as long as the couple happy with the photos doesn;t matter if it doesn't work for others. haha i wonder if its really true or not. sorry for bringing so many grey questions into this thread!

PS: <- what does it mean? (pie seh??)

Quote Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post

no lah. haha general i mean. malay weddings be nice. alot of colors!!! very happening too.
    Last edited by bigbird17; 29th August 2008 at 11:44 AM.

Deregistered

any help anyone?