Thread: NEC LCD20WGX2 @ $758 good value?

Default NEC LCD20WGX2 @ $758 good value?

i just saw the advert in DL tdy, selling NEC LCD20WGX2 at $758. Is this a good price?

I getting serious in my photography and after hardware calibration of my laptop LCD it is obvious that 6bit is not gonna make it (visible banding in gradients). So I am aiming to get a proper display. Either this, or LG l2000 CP, or dell 2408wfp (if got good offer). I understand that the nec is a glossy panel, but will it matter much for photo editing?

Please advice. Thanks for looking.

Default Re: NEC LCD20WGX2 @ $758 good value?

NEC LCD20WGX2 is 6ms AS-IPS. LG L2000CP is 8ms S-IPS panel. Dell is 6ms S-PVA.
    But becareful that I heard Dell sometimes change panel batch to batch for the same "model".
    Sony~ A100...A700...A300...NEX...A580.
    Fujifilm~ X-T1

Default Re: NEC LCD20WGX2 @ $758 good value?

The general consensus seems to be that IPS is better than PVA panels. But on the other hand, there are many rave reviews of the Dell 2408wfp, which got me a little confused. Anyone had experience between the 2 types of panels? Does the Dell experience gamma shift when viewing off center?

One other factor I hope to gather opinions is glossy vs matt screens for photo editing. Does it matter a lot?

Thanks

Default Help me choose: Dell 2408WFP or NEC LCD20WGX2

Dell's selling $899 with 3 yr advanced exchange service. (as per previous ITshow)

Nec is $758. 20" but AS-IPS panel.

Worth the extra for the dell? It's a s-pva panel which is supposedly not as good as IPS panels in terms of gamma shift when not viewing head on. I will be doing hardware calibration, and hope to achieve WYSIWYG, or as close as possible. Users of any models share your opinions thanks!

Default Re: Help me choose: Dell 2408WFP or NEC LCD20WGX2

are we talking bout laptops here?

in any case, i think Dell is not a good brand. I'm using their Dell Inspiron Laptop, just after a year or less i believe the power charger won't work and people said it is manufactured that way so that we have to purchase a new one. Very cunning sales tactics. In addition, since last week I have received this notice saying that my battery life is almost over. Like okay *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    No, it's about LDC displays for PC's. Google the type numbers given

in any case, i think Dell is not a good brand. I'm using their Dell Inspiron Laptop, just after a year or less i believe the power charger won't work and people said it is manufactured that way so that we have to purchase a new one. Very cunning sales tactics. In addition, since last week I have received this notice saying that my battery life is almost over. Like okay *rolls eyes*
    3 Hours Ago 02:49 PM
    Lol.. Yah i was refering to LCD panels here. Anyway, thanks for caring to share your opinions though.