Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: what is the purpose of diopter??

  1. #1

    Default what is the purpose of diopter??

    What is the purpose of a diopter? and megapixels are all about how big u can print your pic izit?? so if my cam has a 10.2mp how big can i develope my pic??

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default Re: what is the purpose of diopter??

    Quote Originally Posted by ary46 View Post
    What is the purpose of a diopter?
    If you are wearing spectacle, diopter allows you to adjust the viewfinder so that you can view the viewfinder without having to remove your spectacles


    Quote Originally Posted by ary46 View Post
    ..... and megapixels are all about how big u can print your pic izit?? so if my cam has a 10.2mp how big can i develope my pic??
    For a start, using this formula, you can determine the longest side of the largest photo that be processed from a digital camera.

    Longest side length in inches = 4 x Squareroot (megapixel)

    For your 10.2 megapixel camera, the answer is

    Longest side length = 4 x squareroot (10.2) = 12.8 inches (or approximately 12R photo)

  4. #4

    Default Re: what is the purpose of diopter??

    thanx guys

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    439

    Default Re: what is the purpose of diopter??

    Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    If you are wearing spectacle, diopter allows you to adjust the viewfinder so that you can view the viewfinder without having to remove your spectacles
    I thought the diopter means you can adjust the viewfinder to view without having to WEAR your spectacles.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: what is the purpose of diopter??

    Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    I thought the diopter means you can adjust the viewfinder to view without having to WEAR your spectacles.


    doesn't work for me...too high degree?

  7. #7

    Default Re: what is the purpose of diopter??

    Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    I thought the diopter means you can adjust the viewfinder to view without having to WEAR your spectacles.
    Doesnt work for me
    Meow!

  8. #8
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: what is the purpose of diopter??

    For the lower end Nikon DSLRs that have that have it...adjustment are limited compared to the more professional bodies. I have a friend who wears pretty high degree glasses. He can't use the D70 he used to own but looking into a D2X before he said he has no problem adjusting it to see into the viewfinder.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •