Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current Rate for Freelance Model

Default Re: Current Rate for Freelance Model

Go apply for economics social sciences course at SMU or NUS or NTU and make friends there..
    try to stay in the campus hostel rather than your own home.

hopefully you will get a bunch of gorgeous girl friends, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin- View Post
    Do you have friends who will be willing to help you out?

Ahahaha, I already have many wonderful good friends of mine who are willing to help me out.
    Canon 450D | 18-55mm | 50mm f/1.8 | 55-250 | 75-300 USM
    flickr.com/photos/harlequin-/

Join friendster. There many xiao mei mei,some of them willing to do TFCD shoot. !!! BUT beware for female pilot ( Fly you aeroplane ).
    Mee Poh Man. "I am kampong man"

Deregistered

let put it this way . casual shoot usually $30 per hr.

The more THEY EXPOSE, the more money you got to pay per hour.

maybe let say. taking their top and bottom off = $30 or $40 ?

Than totally nothing. = 30 x 2 = $60
    40 x 2 = $80

$140 + $30 = $180 ++ to $200 per hour.

Difficult to say lah. You will know that rates for photographers taking photos for work on an assignment the guy probably has got a budget and dateline to meet the clients' expectation. Models don't get such a good time and have to pose according to the photograhers' demand of standards. I am not saying all photographers in the profession are like that but for the swaet and toll and sometime heat under the sun wind in the open and cold commands appropriate rates beside the models' credibility and experience.

As for casual shoots by amateur photographers sometimes the rates per hour can be a little on the high side whichis why some prefer group shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Altjira View Post
    so cheap mei? lol
    He is that cheap one lor...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    He is that cheap one lor...
    Bhahaha, melvin gor gor shoot patricia mok nude right. dont think i dont know. ..

okay what. . okay lah. maybe for lingie is $200 per hr lurh . .

so nude maybe pays around 300-400 perhr ?

Blog Entries

a long long time ago, when i used to do portraits
    i had xmm paying for me to shoot them and capture their youth and beauty

if i wanted to do a fun shoot, i had friends to pose for me
    i have always wondered why ppl pay to have inexperienced xmm to pose for them
    if you want to pay then get a pro

Maybe XMM pretty. Can slowly train on the modelling experience. Sensor won't get contaminated at least

Quote Originally Posted by unseen View Post
    To the thread starter, I think you would want to make clear your scope.
    If you're getting girls outside of CS, they're not paid much at all. Even the car show girls are paid less than what CS is offering, though the real models at car shows are paid alot alot more.

If you're talking about the talents in CS, they expect 2 - 5 times more than the outside rate. From my observation, there are plenty of socially inept guys (and some photographers) are more than willing to pay the amt to get closer to the girls.

Agree with what unseen said about the girls outside CS getting paid lesser, not talking about real models of course. I personally feel there are girls who think they are like real big shots just because they got assignments from CS.

CS is just a popular forum for photography related stuff, not Elite or Ford models leh.

But I really beg to differ what unseen said about the "socially inept guys (and some photographers)"

I assume that unseen is talking about those guys who looks deserate and goes all 'suah ku' when they see pretty girls, or those photographers who always trying to save an extra penny in any areas they can.

Who started out in photography, whether a pro or a hobbyist, a great master with great composure all the time? I bet even great photographer Michael Yamashita(http://www.michaelyamashita.com/) has his own 'suah ku' times when he sees, in his own measurement, pretty things.

I believe we should all still have the ability to go "wow" when we see something or someone pretty? We become socially inept because of that? or you simply lost the human nature of admiring?

And those photographers, well, don't we all see bargaining and/or rushing for cheap stuff in the sales corner of CS for camera equipments and accessories? So why can't we do that for freelance models? Just because they are humans? Well, like many a times mentioned in this thread, this is a flesh and flash trade, like it or not.

Think about it, Jac Sue(just an example, sorry for any offence) is photographed for her great figure and looks or just because she is Jac Sue? Imagine one day when she's old, saggy, and wrinkled, would photographers still want to pay to shoot her in bikini?

If someone really shoot Jac Sue just because she is Jac Sue, then he is a fan, whether he is a photographer or not.

my two cents worth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12