Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 1010

Thread: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

  1. #221

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    where you want to go for birding and when?
    perhaps we can go to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve...
    Remembered the Kool said that it's migrating season already huh...
    guess most likely to be Sunday...
    cos i'm going for seminar arrange by my company this sat and next sat will be on duty...

  2. #222
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by jackienum View Post
    perhaps we can go to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve...
    Remembered the Kool said that it's migrating season already huh...
    guess most likely to be Sunday...
    cos i'm going for seminar arrange by my company this sat and next sat will be on duty...
    sound good, yap migrating season has started. chinese garden is quite happening too. i shoot there very offen now. if you on for SBWR, PM me. we can make arrangement to go this sun. also let me know your longest lens setup. thanks i am using a canon setup if you want to try my lens.
    Member of the earth

  3. #223

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    sound good, yap migrating season has started. chinese garden is quite happening too. i shoot there very offen now. if you on for SBWR, PM me. we can make arrangement to go this sun. also let me know your longest lens setup. thanks i am using a canon setup if you want to try my lens.
    Whats happening at Chinese Garden?

  4. #224
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    birds also. so far no pm so i think i will be going alone. :P
    Member of the earth

  5. #225

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    birds also. so far no pm so i think i will be going alone. :P
    oh.. I thought they are having some event there
    Happy birding..

  6. #226
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    the events are over.
    Member of the earth

  7. #227
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West of SG
    Posts
    328

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    We can go next sunday or the week after next. I am taking part in this year bird race so wun be free to go on this sunday.

  8. #228

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    sound good, yap migrating season has started. chinese garden is quite happening too. i shoot there very offen now. if you on for SBWR, PM me. we can make arrangement to go this sun. also let me know your longest lens setup. thanks i am using a canon setup if you want to try my lens.
    Too bad, I'm on the dark side....
    You wanna go tomorrow??? wat time??? can't be that earli rite... I'll PM you my number, u can sms me then.....

    Quote Originally Posted by subxero View Post
    oh.. I thought they are having some event there
    Happy birding..
    The Clean and Green week is on 1st and 8th Nov... and on the 1st and 2nd Nov, there's something else there...

    Quote Originally Posted by kool81 View Post
    We can go next sunday or the week after next. I am taking part in this year bird race so wun be free to go on this sunday.
    Kool, wat bird race??? u gonna chase after some birds??? you're real tough man...

  9. #229
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West of SG
    Posts
    328

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by jackienum View Post
    Too bad, I'm on the dark side....
    You wanna go tomorrow??? wat time??? can't be that earli rite... I'll PM you my number, u can sms me then.....



    The Clean and Green week is on 1st and 8th Nov... and on the 1st and 2nd Nov, there's something else there...



    Kool, wat bird race??? u gonna chase after some birds??? you're real tough man...
    is an annual event done by the bird society of singapore. Basically just go ard the island and identify birds. i joined in for fun. Look out for my multiply link..
    Argg... can't join you guys for tml session. Look out for the stork billed and collared kingfisher at the main bridge...

  10. #230

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by kool81 View Post
    is an annual event done by the bird society of singapore. Basically just go ard the island and identify birds. i joined in for fun. Look out for my multiply link..
    Argg... can't join you guys for tml session. Look out for the stork billed and collared kingfisher at the main bridge...
    oh....
    are they big enough for my eyes???
    I'll sure bring my 70-300....

  11. #231
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    we will be looking for more than those 2 KF tmr hehehehe. will post if found.
    Member of the earth

  12. #232

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    we will be looking for more than those 2 KF tmr hehehehe. will post if found.
    erm.... KF????
    u meant king fishers???
    post where????

  13. #233
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,078

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    we can post if we find them tmr. i got a long hunting list. hope to get some tmr.
    Member of the earth

  14. #234
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    West of SG
    Posts
    328

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by GilbertGoh View Post
    we can post if we find them tmr. i got a long hunting list. hope to get some tmr.
    All the best... the main bridge should be able to spot 4 to 5 birds easily..

  15. #235

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by SKYimage View Post
    U might want to consider Pulau Redang. There's also this tiny island called Pulau Kapas nearby. It's off-coast of Terengganu. Superb for underwater photography. The crystal clear water allow the light to penetrate thru.
    Ya I heard of that too.. Actually I'm still considering if to get a UW casing for my D3 cos it will burn a big hole in my pocket.. Sad but to say a $6000++ jus for a UW casing. big damage. And the damage could be more with the strobes and accesscories.. Whatsmore need to pray hard that the casing don flood else $13k or more will fly..

  16. #236

    Lightbulb Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by danielskl View Post
    Ya I heard of that too.. Actually I'm still considering if to get a UW casing for my D3 cos it will burn a big hole in my pocket.. Sad but to say a $6000++ jus for a UW casing. big damage. And the damage could be more with the strobes and accesscories.. Whatsmore need to pray hard that the casing don flood else $13k or more will fly..
    mmm... I used an underwater pocket filmed camera. And it works wonder! Remind me to bring the print when we meet, yah. Bear in mind that its not wise to go there after moonsoon season. Water is choppy. best to go is btwn Aug and Sep. And don't forget to dive at the SHARK BAY.

    I wouldn't want to put my WIFE at danger even the casing got good review or whatsoever. Better safe than sorry.

    D3? haaaaa... now a DARKSIDE got a spokeperson! Wonder who'll be poison this SAt?

  17. #237

    Lightbulb Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    W/S 1st T.F.C.D (FOR ALL TO HAVE LOTS OF FUN WHILST BUILDING-UP PORTFOLIO)

    Organiser: 2nd-Hamsterlord & SKYimage
    Date: 14th Dec 2008, Sun
    Time: btwn 7am-12noon
    Venue: Sentosa, pls click to the link highlighted in RED (suggested by bro Danielskl cos can get quite a few diff themes to choose from, can do beach shoot, semi-format, fountain, Sky-ride etc)
    Sentosa Interactive Map & Sentosa
    Theme: Creative Make-Up or/and Avangarde

    TFCD Photog
    1. SKYimage
    2. Danielskl
    3. Strins
    4. jackienum
    5. thomas990
    6. P3rSeUs
    7. subxero
    8. andyX
    9. Ayie1786
    10. Seasonizer
    11. part0
    12. Majest1c
    13. 2nd-Hamsterlord (EG I/C)
    14. ishou80 (NG I/C)
    15. majujat (SG I/C)
    Next Person to Register Would be on Reserve Pool.
    16. AlteredVision
    17. weijin
    18. zzyzx
    19. chinwai
    20. drikster
    21. nupro
    22. GilbertGoh
    TFCD Model (4-5 photog per model)
    1. harizgomez
    2. Adeleen (Non CS Member)
    3. reiketsu
    4. jolene 428
    5. setsukovall (TBC)
    6. lovemdwav
    TFCD MUA
    1. C.T (Non CS Member)
    TFCD Hairstylist
    1. C.T Frenz (TBC, Non CS Member)




    Note:
    - The grouping details was sent to all parties (w/o contact number), and participants are strongly encouraged to contact their group members thru the e-mail provided.
    - This collaboration will be on TFCD basis, an opportunity to build up portfolio.
    - Those who registered are expected a certain level of responsibility and professionalism, and not to MIA.
    - Photographers are required to make a copy of DVD of all the images and hand it to the MUA & Models, together with at least 10 editted images.
    - All parties have the right to the images for their future profiling or portfolio.
    - TFCD meet-up cum discussion session will be on 1st Nov 08 (Sat), 7pm at Jurong Point Mc Donald.
    - Those who had registered and are not able to make it, PLS INFORM US IN ADVANCE SO THAT WE COULD GIVE YOUR SLOT TO THE PHOTOG WHO ARE IN THE RESEREVE LIST.

    **Tips / Advice / Preparation for Photo Shoot ** (especially important 24-48 hours before the shoot)
    Preparation
    ~ Skin care - Ensure do not have any visible problem areas like dryness etc.
    ~ Take care of any sensitive hair removal well in advance to avoid irritated skin.
    ~ Avoid salty or greasy food.
    ~ Avoid alcohol. Could cause red eyes & splotchy skin.
    Mental Preparation
    ~ Look for examples of the types of looks you hope to achieve. Compile a collection of magazine clippings to draw inspiration.
    ~ Practice in the mirror. You need to know what you want to convey and what it takes to accomplish it. You need to be comfortable enough to be able to achieve those expressions without the mirror at the time of the shoot.
    Physical preparation
    ~ The night before the shoot GET A GOOD 08 HOURS NIGHT’S SLEEP.
    ~ Drink lots of water.
    ~ Eat a light meal before the shoot.
    ~ Bring your favourite music.
    Pack your bag
    ~ Best to be done a day before the shoot
    ~ Include all of your wardrobe changes.
    ~ Don’t forget to bring your makeup kit, mirror; clips etc.
    ~ Be aware of what the location offers as far as a place to change.
    Logistics
    ~ Be sure of the time and location.
    ~ If you bring an escort, kindly advice him/her to remain quiet and stay out of the photographer way.
    ~ Carry your contact information with you in case you (or the photographer) gets lost or delayed.
    ~ Have a map in hand.
    SHOW UP
    ~ If you get lost – CALL
    ~ Whatever happened - CALL
    Last edited by SKYimage; 4th November 2008 at 03:13 PM.

  18. #238

    Lightbulb Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    TCSS & TFCD Meet-Up

    Location: Jurong Point's McDonald (Usual place)
    Date: 1st Nov 2008 (Sat)
    Time: 7pm
    Person to contact: SKYimage (94515650)
    *Kindly e-mail / pm / sms your contact no and details to Skyimage if 1st time joining us.
    Last edited by SKYimage; 28th October 2008 at 01:58 PM.

  19. #239

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Quote Originally Posted by SKYimage View Post
    mmm... I used an underwater pocket filmed camera. And it works wonder! Remind me to bring the print when we meet, yah. Bear in mind that its not wise to go there after moonsoon season. Water is choppy. best to go is btwn Aug and Sep. And don't forget to dive at the SHARK BAY.

    I wouldn't want to put my WIFE at danger even the casing got good review or whatsoever. Better safe than sorry.

    D3? haaaaa... now a DARKSIDE got a spokeperson! Wonder who'll be poison this SAt?
    heh I don poison others ok? well now you can see I'm the one kanna the poison.

  20. #240
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Jurong West Ave 3
    Posts
    60

    Default Re: West shooters anyone? (Pt-2)

    Hi SKYimage, i am a first timer to join the west shooter. So can i join the team for the coming 1th Nov? By the way i am not a so call TCSS or TFCD team.



    Rgds

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •