Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: EXPOSE Yourself -OUTINGS & ACTIVITIES

Default Re: EXPOSE Yourself -OUTINGS & ACTIVITIES

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    In that case,my idea of going to the main temple is still the best bet?

Anyway some received on sunday instead of saturday. Not sure why.
    Makes you wonder how many "sets" of 9 Emperors there are to be receiving. heh. I am Buddhist / Taoist and even I am figuring that out hehe..

SIDE LIST - CANON PHOTOMARATHON

http://www.digitaldreams.com.sg/photomarathon/

LIST OF EXPOSERS INTERESTED - NOTE PLEASE REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE ONCE CONFIRMED AND UPDATE YOUR STATUS ACCORDINGLY

1) Vonlichenstein (not registering, just hooting with you guys.) - Yo Vonnie! Reg and enter lah ... who knows, yu could win 1st prize!
    2) DM (Reg.)
    3) mojopy (Reg.)
    4) WuffRuff (Reg.)
    5) Bovine (Reg.)
    6) Tupi Guy (Reg.)
    7) zac08 (Reg.)

Shall we meet up at the venue? Maybe we can group together to share cab to go to some places.

Not attending

1.) G-khoo (got skool )
    2.) SolBadGuy (need to go fight bad guys ) fight simik bad guy? yourself arh?
    3.) Royaux (may have school )
    4.) Leong23 (that day need to go back camp)
    5.) riotvan (oh yeah i just remembered i got school also. ugh.)
    6.) maswu (got wedding to shoot)
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Makes you wonder how many "sets" of 9 Emperors there are to be receiving. heh. I am Buddhist / Taoist and even I am figuring that out hehe..
    me too. I've asked my mum plenty of questions since young. :x

Quote Originally Posted by bovine View Post
    In that case,my idea of going to the main temple is still the best bet?

Anyway some received on sunday instead of saturday. Not sure why.
    Well see for yourself if this is better or your temple site is..just shot some while I came back home just now..... some sneak preview of the one at my home vicinity near the Eunos MRT.

Last edited by sammy888; 2nd October 2008 at 08:26 PM.

URGENT & HAPPENING UPDATE!

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...405791&page=41

Tang Shooters have extended an invitation to go hoot BONFIRE, an EXHILIRATING performance Arts group that performs with FIRE!

Please be sure to contact Redsun directly with your details ASAP if you want to go!

http://www.bornfire.com.sg/videogallery.htm

Great opportunity to practice your night shooting of sum Beri HAWT performers! (See peeks in links below!)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...hlight=Bonfire

http://www.bornfire.com.sg/gallery.htm

Some Exposers are already making plans to go, so don't get left out!

HURRY! SIGN-UP KWICK KWICK!

Calling all Canon users in Exposer!

You might want to join this fun and friendly group who have started a sharing group to discuss and share knowledge and experience!

Have a peek here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417660

LIST OF EXPOSERS INTERESTED - NOTE PLEASE REGISTER ON THE WEBSITE ONCE CONFIRMED AND UPDATE YOUR STATUS ACCORDINGLY

1) Vonlichenstein (not registering, just hooting with you guys.) - Yo Vonnie! Reg and enter lah ... who knows, yu could win 1st prize!
    2) DM (Reg.)
    3) mojopy (Reg.)
    4) WuffRuff (Reg.)
    5) Bovine (Reg.)
    6) Tupi Guy (Reg.)
    7) zac08 (Reg.)

Shall we meet up at the venue? Maybe we can group together to share cab to go to some places.

Not attending

1.) G-khoo (got skool )

aiyah... got 7 people. i thought we can share and rent car to travel around
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mojopy View Post

2) DM (Reg.)
    3) mojopy (Reg.)
    4) WuffRuff (Reg.)
    5) Bovine (Reg.)
    6) Tupi Guy (Reg.)
    7) zac08 (Reg.)

Not attending

1.) G-khoo (got skool )

aiyah... got 7 people. i thought we can share and rent car to travel around
    That's not a bad idea... but only, that means we all have to go to the same place...
    Anyway, how much does car rental for a day cost? If not too ex, might be worthwhile...
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    That's not a bad idea... but only, that means we all have to go to the same place...
    Anyway, how much does car rental for a day cost? If not too ex, might be worthwhile...
    7 people ... only an SUV is capable of taking, if not, then a mini-bus, van or pick-up, but we might face the problem of at least one person having some sort of issues with rentals as evidenced in our past endeavors to organize an overnight outing.

According to our previous plans, rental would cost between $12 - $17 per person based on a group of 10-12 people for the outing. But we can always check and post back about rental charges and such if there is sufficient interest.

Also, we have to check if Bovine, who's very experienced with driving, is agreeable to help us by being the driver on that day.

Going to the same location is not really a problem because everyone will have slightly different ways of looking and shooting, unless everyone 'clumps' together, but the group has to agree about the general location to go to.

I guess a majority rules democratic system should work, so why don't we start the ball rolling ... those in favor of renting a vehicle for the day please state your interest here:

We Agree to the idea of renting a vehicle.

1) DM

We don't agree:

1)

7 people ... only an SUV is capable of taking, if not, then a mini-bus, van or pick-up, but we might face the problem of at least one person having some sort of issues with rentals as evidenced in our past endeavors to organize an overnight outing.

According to our previous plans, rental would cost between $12 - $17 per person based on a group of 10-12 people for the outing. But we can always check and post back about rental charges and such if there is sufficient interest.

Also, we have to check if Bovine, who's very experienced with driving, is agreeable to help us by being the driver on that day.

Going to the same location is not really a problem because everyone will have slightly different ways of looking and shooting, unless everyone 'clumps' together, but the group has to agree about the general location to go to.

I guess a majority rules democratic system should work, so why don't we start the ball rolling ... those in favor of renting a vehicle for the day please state your interest here:

1) DM

We don't agree:

1) TUpi GUy.

Ya, that's the idea that i wont be joining for. And i have promise another group of friends when we register for the event. Will see you people there on the day itself.
    Last edited by Tupi Guy; 4th October 2008 at 09:31 AM.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

1) DM

We don't agree:

1) TUpi GUy.
    2) zac08

Prefer to shoot in smaller groups...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Deregistered

1) DM

We don't agree:

1) TUpi GUy.
    2) zac08
    3) Bovine (eh i'm not very experienced,only had my licence for 13 yrs,nothing compared to some C-sers here. In addition,i think for the photomarathon,it is not practical to driv ard. Wasting time/$$ to hunt for parking.)

Thanks for chimming in Bovine.

MoMo, it looks like we would not have the critical mass to rent.

Deregistered

Dear all....................

Regarding the "nine emperors festival" procession outing i was proposing, we r now going to the "sending off" ceremony instead!!!

As mentioned previously, due to the lack of big sponsors, the plan to go to the temple i originally proposed is cancelled!

We shall now visit the main temple where they have an elaborate sending off parade annually.(i believe this year too) The event will be held on this Tuesday,7th October starting from 9.30pm. Be warned!!! be prepared to walk for around an hour while we follow the procession. I reckon that it's easier to take photos if we follow by foot instead of waiting at the destination where a huge crowd will be waiting.

Oh btw, the temple is at Upper Serangoon Road.

Those who are interested, pls sign up. All are welcome!!!!!!

I am interested. Pls include me.

1)

The timing is too late for me, Count me out.

1)
    Last edited by bovine; 5th October 2008 at 10:16 PM.

Regarding the "nine emperors festival" procession outing i was proposing, we r now going to the "sending off" ceremony instead!!!

As mentioned previously, due to the lack of big sponsors, the plan to go to the temple i originally proposed is cancelled!

We shall now visit the main temple where they have an elaborate sending off parade annually.(i believe this year too) The event will be held on this Tuesday,7th October starting from 9.30pm. Be warned!!! be prepared to walk for around an hour while we follow the procession. I reckon that it's easier to take photos if we follow by foot instead of waiting at the destination where a huge crowd will be waiting.

1)

It's too late for me, Count me out.

1) DM - Sorry Bovie, I'm on assignment. Will try to see if I can find a replacement.

1)

1) DM - Sorry Bovie, I'm on assignment. Will try to see if I can find a replacement.
    2) Royaux - School week yo.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

1) vonlichenstein - i support cows!

It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

3) WuffRuff - No interest in this event. You guys enjoy.

3) WuffRuff - No interest in this event. You guys enjoy.
    4) mojopy - school day. teacher cannot stay out late
    PBase || Blog

1) DM

We don't agree:

1) TUpi GUy.
    2) zac08
    3) Bovine (eh i'm not very experienced,only had my licence for 13 yrs,nothing compared to some C-sers here. In addition,i think for the photomarathon,it is not practical to driv ard. Wasting time/$$ to hunt for parking.)
    4) WuffRuff (only interested in renting if the cost is not more than $12... but seems like it will be more).

The majority has made the stand. There will be no car rental. We shall follow what the gov have been wanting us to do - take public transport.
    (I must say that anything within 1 station apart and depending on weather, I will walk)
    Last edited by mojopy; 10th October 2008 at 05:33 PM.
    PBase || Blog

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021 ... LastLast