Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

  1. #41
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    u mean ji bu like this?
    ~image~


    Taken before the ban on photography..
    Hi Bro, when was the start to the "ban on photography" anyway?

    Had a rub with the management who insisted that it was a house rule, somewhere in May. I point it out to them that there is no sign indicating "private property" nor " no photography allowed". But i must tell you.. that manager.. she is really fierce and as rude as you would want her to be...

    In any case, they claimed that they had even rejected paid request from Mediacorp to film on location... but they will allow PnS and Handphone Cam (mentioned earlier).

    So ... I am sure all here would find it a little digestable when refuse of a shoot ... if its made a little friendlier or with proper indications before we take out the camera. HAaa... my revenge ~ I had my fill of pictures taken before I leave.. anyway.
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  2. #42
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    Hi Bro, when was the start to the "ban on photography" anyway?

    Had a rub with the management who insisted that it was a house rule, somewhere in May. I point it out to them that there is no sign indicating "private property" nor " no photography allowed". But i must tell you.. that manager.. she is really fierce and as rude as you would want her to be...

    In any case, they claimed that they had even rejected paid request from Mediacorp to film on location... but they will allow PnS and Handphone Cam (mentioned earlier).

    So ... I am sure all here would find it a little digestable when refuse of a shoot ... if its made a little friendlier or with proper indications before we take out the camera. HAaa... my revenge ~ I had my fill of pictures taken before I leave.. anyway.
    i'm not so sure when the ban came in..it seems slightly right after the boat asia '08..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  3. #43
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    if u have a boat there i'm sure they'll let you shoot....

  4. #44
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    if u have a boat there i'm sure they'll let you shoot....
    A boat that dock at location, well you have to be a member.. and member have its previledges all right!

    Just wondering .... the whole section is considered Keppel's property? Why not condon off the whole premise ..and have the guard placed at the entrace before the bridge.... That will really re-inforce their "house rules" and I am really certain that certainly will pissed the cafe and restaurant owners, functioning in the Marina... (customer is complaining here..)

    DOn't make sense if they still want the "customers" but don't allow the customers to take pictures... Ouch! Service as such really sucks!... Haa.. as if they will heed the whinning..
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  5. #45
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    A boat that dock at location, well you have to be a member.. and member have its previledges all right!

    Just wondering .... the whole section is considered Keppel's property? Why not condon off the whole premise ..and have the guard placed at the entrace before the bridge.... That will really re-inforce their "house rules" and I am really certain that certainly will pissed the cafe and restaurant owners, functioning in the Marina... (customer is complaining here..)

    DOn't make sense if they still want the "customers" but don't allow the customers to take pictures... Ouch! Service as such really sucks!... Haa.. as if they will heed the whinning..
    actually i'm suspecting whether they own the whole place?

    i remember President Nathan officially open the place for public..if u say the boating area, fine..but that small little island suppose to be a park for public use..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  6. #46
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    actually i'm suspecting whether they own the whole place?

    i remember President Nathan officially open the place for public..if u say the boating area, fine..but that small little island suppose to be a park for public use..
    Exactly what i suspected as well... so we are sure that its just the Marina Area and the dock that belongs to them... parking or shooting from the bridge should still be "none-of-their-business".. haa

    How to test that out? Park car by te road and see who summon fines.. or go to park and see if it say National Park...

    *~ psst.. bro, if so.. your pictuce shown earlier not really "illegal"!!
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Which government agency is in charge of such issues? NEA or? Must write to them...i suggest that if the specified location that you mentioned if it is not owned by them, they have no right to tell you off if you're standing on the "public" place, if they're not happy about it, they should call the police to handle but i think it is a waste of time for them to do it because if it is really true, ultimately it is a PUBLIC PLACE...
    Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III | Panasonic FZ28 | 85mm f1.2 L | 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM |

  8. #48
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalvinDarius View Post
    Which government agency is in charge of such issues? NEA or? Must write to them...i suggest that if the specified location that you mentioned if it is not owned by them, they have no right to tell you off if you're standing on the "public" place, if they're not happy about it, they should call the police to handle but i think it is a waste of time for them to do it because if it is really true, ultimately it is a PUBLIC PLACE...
    Hey bro...

    The Kepple Marina and dock surely belongs to the club and they have the right to stop you. Just that I am not too sure for the rest of the small "Isle"... Haa.. just let me try go in and see if the park carries a sign board saying National Park.. if so ... they should stay away from our photoshoot spot actually.. haa

    Questional thing now is ... cafe and restaurant opened to public exactly in the premise, I was thinking aloud as to patronage buys you a minute of membership for a quick snap...
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    Hey bro...

    The Kepple Marina and dock surely belongs to the club and they have the right to stop you. Just that I am not too sure for the rest of the small "Isle"... Haa.. just let me try go in and see if the park carries a sign board saying National Park.. if so ... they should stay away from our photoshoot spot actually.. haa

    Questional thing now is ... cafe and restaurant opened to public exactly in the premise, I was thinking aloud as to patronage buys you a minute of membership for a quick snap...
    Lol...should we try? For the benefit of everyone? Lol...
    Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III | Panasonic FZ28 | 85mm f1.2 L | 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM |

  10. #50
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by CalvinDarius View Post
    Lol...should we try? For the benefit of everyone? Lol...
    Alright... anyone that make way inside first and made certain... please post here. Cheers!
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by falconite View Post
    Alright... anyone that make way inside first and made certain... please post here. Cheers!
    I second that
    Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III | Panasonic FZ28 | 85mm f1.2 L | 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM |

  12. #52
    Member Deming86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SengKang
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    hmm someone mentioned that tripod photography wasn't allowed... was intending to head to the tcc there (i heard there was one in there) for drinks with my pals and bring my camera along.. would be a big turn off if they disallowed even that!
    Shoot with your heart, not for greed/ego..

  13. #53
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: How to get permission to shoot in keppel bay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deming86 View Post
    hmm someone mentioned that tripod photography wasn't allowed... was intending to head to the tcc there (i heard there was one in there) for drinks with my pals and bring my camera along.. would be a big turn off if they disallowed even that!
    U can shoot in TCC.. the staff's service is good.

    But once u come out... hiaz... its a totally different story. No big camera... Pns is also subjective (really depend if u look like a member).. and Cameraphone is pretty fine.

    Cheerios bro.. may the force be with u!
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •