Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 58

Thread: Can the Exif info be modified?

  1. #1
    Senior Member AxeLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,698

    Thumbs down Can the Exif info be modified?


    As above, anybody knows? Coz got a photo by a friend, says he took the picture, but it look suspicious...
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post

    As above, anybody knows? Coz got a photo by a friend, says he took the picture, but it look suspicious...
    haha. you believe? the exif says focal length 18mm, shutter 1/50.

    i think i can use my 90mm shoot aeroplane macro liao

  4. #4

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post

    As above, anybody knows? Coz got a photo by a friend, says he took the picture, but it look suspicious...
    I wonder if your friend is in the plane beside the plane in the picture, that quite precision flying... EXIF says it's shot with an 18mm lens, 1/50s exposure, ISO100. Possible? The plane your friend is in has to be very close. And if Sony produces such noisy ISO100 image, there is no chance they can ever compete with Nikon and Canon.

    And from the perspective of the plane's geometry, it's probably shot with a focal length of around 400mm.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 26th August 2008 at 01:53 PM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    707

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Focal length is 18 mm sia

    Your friend is superman can fly in air while taking pic?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    Focal length is 18 mm sia

    Your friend is superman can fly in air while taking pic?


    i think your friend is flying... whoops i mean lying
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    does these has anything to do with Nikon?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  8. #8

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    does these has anything to do with Nikon?
    No? What does it have to do with Nikon? It's not the Nikon sub-forum leh..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by AxeLa View Post

    As above, anybody knows? Coz got a photo by a friend, says he took the picture, but it look suspicious...
    yes modifiable.
    chezburgr i can haz?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Maybe your friend is using 10 x 2.0x extender to achieve this pic?
    Canon EOS 1Ds Mark III | Panasonic FZ28 | 85mm f1.2 L | 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM |

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,256

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    in vista you just need to right click
    chezburgr i can haz?

  12. #12
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    No? What does it have to do with Nikon? It's not the Nikon sub-forum leh..
    it was, at the time I post post#7.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #13
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by psychobiologist View Post
    in vista you just need to right click
    in my PC, ctrl right click will pop out dictionary
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #14

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    And if Sony produces such noisy ISO100 image, there is no chance they can ever compete with Nikon and Canon.
    Then Nikon wouldn't compete either since Sony manufactures their sensors. :P

    Highly suspicious, unless he took it with a small H-series, where the real rather than equivalent focal range was indicated, then did heavy tonal adjustments and sharpening in post. That's the only way to get noise like that at ISO 100.
    Alpha

  15. #15

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Then Nikon wouldn't compete either since Sony manufactures their sensors. :P

    Highly suspicious, unless he took it with a small H-series, where the real rather than equivalent focal range was indicated, then did heavy tonal adjustments and sharpening in post. That's the only way to get noise like that at ISO 100.
    No.. it says 27mm 135-equivalent focal length. So it's a 1.5x multiplier. The EXIF was from a A350. If he took it with a H series, there is no need to alter the EXIF.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 26th August 2008 at 02:50 PM.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    it was, at the time I post post#7.
    Ah? was it? Maybe it was... I didn't notice..

  17. #17

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    No.. it says 27mm 135-equivalent focal length. So it's a 1.5x multiplier. The EXIF was from a A350. If he took it with a H series, there is no need to alter the EXIF.
    27mm equivalent?? So he shot it with the kit lens at 18mm wide-angle? Would then be 24mm equiv, not 27.

    Very suspicious, unless he was sitting in another jet flying next to it.

    And the ISO noise looks more like 1600, or very very very heavy PP.
    Alpha

  18. #18

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    27mm equivalent?? So he shot it with the kit lens at 18mm wide-angle? Would then be 24mm equiv, not 27.

    Very suspicious, unless he was sitting in another jet flying next to it.

    And the ISO noise looks more like 1600, or very very very heavy PP.
    27mm is correct for a 1.5x crop lah..

    Yah.. I think he took someone else's picture and pasted on his existing image.

    Anyway, the EXIF time is 6:42am on 9 Aug, I guess the sun is not even out yet..

  19. #19

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    27mm is correct for a 1.5x crop lah..

    Yah.. I think he took someone else's picture and pasted on his existing image.

    Anyway, the EXIF time is 6:42am on 9 Aug, I guess the sun is not even out yet..
    LOL!


    But why on earth did his friend do it? kenna torn apart by the CSI team here. heh
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  20. #20
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Can the Exif info be modified?

    Also if you notice the time, 6.42am, I think the sky still quite dark.
    Unless the time, in the camera set wrongly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •