Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 LastLast

Thread: How much do you charge for an AD wedding

Default Re: How much do you charge for an AD wedding

Well ..... photography is subjective. While being subjective, must also remain logical, don't try to pick bone out of an egg. Thanks.

I'm a noob so can only shoot FOC. Heh.
    I know its very easy to take shots, but extremely difficult to get The Shot.
    And there are times where getting un-inspiring shots are better than no shots at all.
    Its a challenge to predict people's movement and angles 5 seconds in advance as I have not mastered the Force (future sense). Even more difficult to move to a nice spot when everyone else is blocking the way while carrying 2 cameras.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. Its been a blast to read.
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis of a government
    Flickr

From my limited experiences, sometimes the best shot is not always the most technically correct shot. It could be OOF, noisy or something ugly at the background but if that shot captures that one moment, it's a good shot nonetheless. Weddings is real time and unlike landscape where you can forgo your plane back home just to wait for that perfect moment, once that moment is pass, that's it. So it's not fair to pixel peek or nitpick. We do what we can to capture that moment. So what if the WB/color is off? Like what everyone says, if the couple like it, the photographer has done his/her job.

well, it is always so easy to be an armchair commander.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

this forum is by far the most heated forum in recent times, and i am not having alot of fun reminding people to stay logical and civilised and to not get personal, or to flame bait.

PLEASE stop all these here and in other and future threads.

Quote Originally Posted by jOhO View Post
    this forum is by far the most heated forum in recent times, and i am not having alot of fun reminding people to stay logical and civilised and to not get personal, or to flame bait.

PLEASE stop all these here and in other and future threads.
    Bro.....this is a the problem. It's the net. Everyone has no balls to face each other in public.

If we ever have a gathering of discussion like that face to face with a group of photographers like that, most of them will not turn up. So most of them will probably be sitting down and typing words and attacking each other.

This is a neverending process........we are all human......the most complicated creatures.

I wish peace to all and think before you write.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla Invades View Post
    Bro.....this is a the problem. It's the net. Everyone has no balls to face each other in public.

If we ever have a gathering of discussion like that face to face with a group of photographers like that, most of them will not turn up. So most of them will probably be sitting down and typing words and attacking each other.

This is a neverending process........we are all human......the most complicated creatures.

I wish peace to all and think before you write.
    I begged to differ. The last WPAS Networking had a gathering of 100. Attendees were players in the wedding market, MUA, Planners, Videographers, Part-time and Professional Wedding Photographers. Everyone was very opened about pricing, issues relating to the wedding market. It’s a “gentlemen” event with some ladies too.

I agreed with you on the part where forummers hide behind a nick to attack each other. We can disagree, but should not be personal. This is business.
    just1book, no kidding!

I'm thinking, let say package put 300 photos. Then the wedding very simple, not much event, not much guest etc. Then if photographer shot say, 280 photos, then delete 30 with error; left 250 usable. So if that situation happen, how do you all handle it. Give discount?

Quote Originally Posted by mutant View Post
    I'm thinking, let say package put 300 photos. Then the wedding very simple, not much event, not much guest etc. Then if photographer shot say, 280 photos, then delete 30 with error; left 250 usable. So if that situation happen, how do you all handle it. Give discount?

Point to ponder...........

Personally I don't promise an exact amount of pics to be delivered. Just a range and tell the clients it's up to the day's ambience, fun and environment.

If the wedding is boring, expect less, if it's exciting, expect more.

No commitment on the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by mutant View Post
    i think usually if a photographer's contract says he will deliver 300 shots, then he will probably take around 400 to be on the safe side.. for deleting and filtering...otherwise he could have a clause that states ~250-300 shots depending on the day's events...

What if he have extra 100 good photos other than the 300 deliverable, does the couple pay him more? I think it another topic in clubsnap:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409992

Bro..... Everyone has no balls to face each other in public.

everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie View Post
    What if he have extra 100 good photos other than the 300 deliverable, does the couple pay him more? I think it another topic in clubsnap:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409992
    i think i have seen photographers before who charges on a per-print basis after the standard 300 shots..

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~ View Post
    i think i have seen photographers before who charges on a per-print basis after the standard 300 shots..
    i guess most of them do NOT do prints anyway already,.. they would provide service and dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    everyone?
    Everyone......yeap.....everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Winsonapm View Post
    I begged to differ. The last WPAS Networking had a gathering of 100. Attendees were players in the wedding market, MUA, Planners, Videographers, Part-time and Professional Wedding Photographers. Everyone was very opened about pricing, issues relating to the wedding market. It’s a “gentlemen” event with some ladies too.

I agreed with you on the part where forummers hide behind a nick to attack each other. We can disagree, but should not be personal. This is business.
    We can all meet all we want.....share and agree with pricing and be opened about it. But do you know how many wedding photographers there are out there? 100 people that we gathered but not all are actually photographers.

"Gentlemen agreement there maybe but it's only verbal agreement only"

Forumers don't just hide behind and hide to attack others but those who are selling themselves cheap are ruining their own livelyhood.

Blog Entries

maybe if everyone agree upon a base amount and them let the photographers price themselves from there

We can all meet all we want.....share and agree with pricing and be opened about it. But do you know how many wedding photographers there are out there? 100 people that we gathered but not all are actually photographers.

"Gentlemen agreement there maybe but it's only verbal agreement only"

Forumers don't just hide behind and hide to attack others but those who are selling themselves cheap are ruining their own livelyhood.
    Sad that I’ve to agree with you, but let’s not be cynical about the market or practices by our fellow associates or competitors. We have to compete at the top and with the best out there and do not be too bother with the starters or spoilers. Some don’t make it simply because too much energy and resources are spent in fighting in the mud-pool.

Everyone starts low, some climbed slowly and some speedily. It’s when you are at the halfway mark that’s the toughest, half the time you’ll be wondering……..should I raise my rates…….. should I quit and do sometime else…….why am I in this sh_t?…….

Professionalism is built over time. Branding is by good words of mouth.
    just1book, no kidding!

Everyone......yeap.....everyone!
    including u?

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    maybe if everyone agree upon a base amount and them let the photographers price themselves from there
    well.... its good to have a base amount. but come to think of it.... hmmm...

i guess how much should someone charge is rather subjective thou...

i always believed theres reason why Honda cars are cheaper ferraris....

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 LastLast