Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How much do you charge for an AD wedding

Default Re: How much do you charge for an AD wedding

Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr View Post
    divide 365 day by 100 you get 3. Meaning 1 wedding per 3 days!!
    If I really get so many deals, I may be another running away photographer reported in the newspaper. Not b'cos of the deposit I get. Is how to deliver quality prints to customer within such short time frame? I will go damn stress up and went bonky

Imagine here's the scenario.
    1st day shoot
    2nd day deliver album to customer and meet new customer for new deal + editing
    3rd day editing and produce an album end of day day
    4th day shoot again continuously non-stop.
    I can imagine that it is really be very tough when kelvin first start up.
    It was tough but its possible. You can probably do it for a year or two on your own. However, to do 100 + weddings in a year for a longer period, you would probably have to employ help and find a way to stay motivated. Doing the same thing so often over a prolonged period will very likely exhaust you both physically and mentally.

When I first started, I once did 7 weddings in 9 days and at the end of that period, I had almost nothing left in me. I honestly didn't think any of the 7 shoots suffered but it almost took the life out of me! I am really driven and the thought of getting 7 opportunities to shoot was the only thing that mattered (besides the financial reward). As in any industry that you are in, hard work is really important but in the creative industry, you really need to watch that you don't burn yourself out.

The 110 weddings that I did included half day shoots and ROMs. So it wasn't as bad as doing an AD once every 3 days but it was still a crazy period. Also, we tried to meet all our couples on the same day. That way, it left me with some free days to at least go catch a movie with the wife.

Kelvin, mind sharing what's the best way to advertise yourself besides word of mouth?

how did u get 7 weddings in 9 days? all by word of mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    that's why u r not used as a benchmark. get it?
    This is uncalled for. Be diplomatic and build a good communication skill. This is also vital for your future endeavour.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    your goal is achievable, if Singapore have risen our standard of living, when we are eating S$300 per plate of chicken rice and S$90 per cup of Kopi at any local hawker center.
    And this is very diplomatic? Maybe you should tell him the same.

So just because someone else does it, it's alright for you to do it?

anyway back to topic, wow, this really shows how much drive and passion one needs to make it in the industry. Good stuff Kelvin...

p.s. I don't want to post an OT post in this otherwise healthy discussion, but chill guys, take it into PMs if you really can't agree that you disagree.
    Last edited by vonlichenstein; 2nd September 2008 at 02:34 PM.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

That is a factual statement, whereas, yours is an insult. I wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    So just because someone else does it, it's alright for you to do it?

No, but at least i dun tell others what they can say or cannot say.

Quote Originally Posted by dDarkroom View Post
    That is a factual statement, whereas, yours is an insult. I wish you all the best.
    If he feels insulted maybe he should tell me. Good luck to u too.

2009 is a great year for weddings. Let's just do our best and let the business grow.

Lancey I would suggest that you take your disagreements on PM. Most of the disucussions here have been good-natured and forthcoming but frankly I don't see that from you in most of your posts on this thread. It'd be a shame to have to shut it down.

I thanked Kelvin for his generous honest input didn't I? I even asked how he did it but still no reply. Take what to PM? What disagreement? with who? can u be more specific? Everyone is stating facts here. Of cos there will be different view points from different levels of shooters and wedding photogs. This is call AN OPEN DISCUSSION. what forums are for. U want me to put on a smiley?

It's unrealistic to be expecting $6k per wedding and doing 100 a year alone. The high end market at this juncture just isn't big enough. But who knows, if we all start to value our efforts more, we may just see these kinds of rates as a norm in 5 years time so what lancey is suggesting is quite plausible

Update your site already or not? quilckly update la. put in nicer pix...
    insinuations or something totally irrelevant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks View Post
    It's unrealistic to be expecting $6k per wedding and doing 100 a year alone. The high end market at this juncture just isn't big enough. But who knows, if we all start to value our efforts more, we may just see these kinds of rates as a norm in 5 years time so what lancey is suggesting is quite plausible
    Now u r toking. Let others wait for the 3000% inflation before they up their rates. Im going in charging at least 3k for Ad. Take it or leave it. U guys wanna sell yourself short, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks View Post
    insinuations or something totally irrelevant like this.
    ok sorry for that. inside joke. i apologise lor.

I thanked Kelvin for his generous honest input didn't I? I even asked how he did it but still no reply. Take what to PM? What disagreement? with who? can u be more specific? Everyone is stating facts here. Of cos there will be different view points from different levels of shooters and wedding photogs. This is call AN OPEN DISCUSSION. what forums are for. U want me to put on a smiley?
    And give him sometime to reply yah? He's not even in the same timezone as us right now.

Now u r toking. Let others wait for the 3000% inflation before they up their rates. Im going in charging at least 3k for Ad. Take it or leave it. U guys wanna sell yourself short, go ahead.
    "me against the world"

hmmm 3k for AD inclusive of print and stuff? thats reasonable. sure, it isn't entry level stuff, but if you can get clients, why not? better to charge this than those new comers who undercut everyone including themselves and then drop out after a while, they ruin the industry.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

I'm looking forward to see your portfolio for some inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    "me against the world"

hmmm 3k for AD inclusive of print and stuff? thats reasonable. sure, it isn't entry level stuff, but if you can get clients, why not? better to charge this than those new comers who undercut everyone including themselves and then drop out after a while, they ruin the industry.
    Im against undercutters too. either be a high end or free. No 2 ways about it the way i look at the market.Charging in between..hmmm...half past 6 la. Might as well dun do.

Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    I'm looking forward to see your portfolio for some inspiration.
    I checked your website. U belong to the mid end kind. Budget couples best for u . Can come out for kopi someday. Im still new.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 589101112 ... LastLast