Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Norwegian Brothers.

Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    I am well aware of the situation in Israel. Unfortunately (or fortunately, whichever way you feel) that isn't the case in Singapore. The point is, the Singapore government (mindef in particular) only only requires males to undergo NS.
    Pray tell me why is that not flawed, since we breathe the same air of freedom so endorsed by the male species?

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    They were all born here and are considered Singapore citizens. But they also hold Norwegian citizenships, like their father.
    This is bizarre given the government's stance on allowing dual citizenship. The people in question can't have their cake and eat it, but neither can the government.

if come to sg, got jailed for 2 years first or loose 10k.. after that spend another 2 years in ns.. then they drop their sg citizenships.. and leave again for norway..
    spend 4 years in total just to drop their citizenships.. got logic mehh? wth the use of their ns in sg

there are people who choose not to use their brain
    and instead diie-die worshiping the thing called law

[SIZE="6"][B]
    Mr Frode Bugge is a career soldier with the Norwegian army and has seen action in Kosovo and Afghanistan.

Brother Thorbjoern is also a career soldier, while Ingvar is a postman.
    Interesting. Mr Frode Bugge has seen more action than the entire Singapore defence force combined in the past 30 years.

Wonder what he can learn by doing NS in Singapore.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Interesting. Mr Frode Bugge has seen more action than the entire Singapore defence force combined in the past 30 years.

Wonder what he can learn by doing NS in Singapore.
    He dun learn he can teach

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie View Post
    Pray tell me why is that not flawed, since we breathe the same air of freedom so endorsed by the male species?
    just to add to your point...

wasn't (and maybe "isn't) our defence policy based on the Israeli system/methodology where the whole country rallies behind the nation in times of crisis? at least that's what I get with the Israelis I encounter on an almost daily basis.

I mentioned Total Defence to them and they laughed out loud (rather literally) at me. mind you these were the veterans of the Yom Kippur War... so their perspective might be a bit different.
    Last edited by terryansimon; 27th August 2008 at 11:04 PM.

Deregistered

i'm curious.

'Only persons who have emigrated at a very young age together with their families, and who have not enjoyed the privileges of Singapore citizenship, will be allowed to renounce their Singapore citizenships without serving national service.'

so what's the age limit then? mindef don't seems to provide more info.

how about those baby bonuses? i'm sure many more will be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by jacob View Post
    i'm curious.

'Only persons who have emigrated at a very young age together with their families, and who have not enjoyed the privileges of Singapore citizenship, will be allowed to renounce their Singapore citizenships without serving national service.'

so what's the age limit then? mindef don't seems to provide more info.

how about those baby bonuses? i'm sure many more will be affected.
    if I remember correctly... it's anywhere before 12 years of age. or even 11. I remember being served some sort of a letter/notification that I've been registered for National Service purposes when I was that age (nope I am not a born/bred in Singapore bloke.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123