Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Norwegian Brothers.

  1. #21

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Haha.. just joking anyway. Mutiny is punishable by death i think

    I've a few more years to go, and thank goodness i got enough medical reasons to get PES C and simply do office work
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hommie View Post
    Tell that to the Israeli.......
    I am well aware of the situation in Israel. Unfortunately (or fortunately, whichever way you feel) that isn't the case in Singapore. The point is, the Singapore government (mindef in particular) only only requires males to undergo NS.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Yeah, exactly. Blatant preferential treatment. Got to love it.





    (to be politically correct i'll just leave a space here)

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    haha i'd love it if the white horse was in my unit in NS.
    Trust me when I say a white horse in NS doesn't mean anything man. In fact, sometimes they get it worse.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  5. #25

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    Haha.. just joking anyway. Mutiny is punishable by death i think

    I've a few more years to go, and thank goodness i got enough medical reasons to get PES C and simply do office work
    yeah, if i recall correctly yeah it is punishable by death. unless they changed the law. which i doubt they have.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  6. #26

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Trust me when I say a white horse in NS doesn't mean anything man. In fact, sometimes they get it worse.
    and trust ME when i say, if the horse is white enough, it DOES mean something. haha i can't say why you should trust me but yeah, trust me haha

    but yeah, if you're a white horse but not white enough (more like a grey horse... like a nikon grey lens!), then you're screwed. but if you're white enough(canon L lens), then your unit has it gooooood.
    Last edited by vonlichenstein; 26th August 2008 at 02:19 PM.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    and trust ME when i say, if the horse is white enough, it DOES mean something. haha i can't say why you should trust me but yeah, trust me haha
    Dude, you haven't even started NS yet. So I'd rather trust myself than trust you.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  8. #28

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Dude, you haven't even started NS yet. So I'd rather trust myself than trust you.
    haha like i said, i'd rather not mention the basis for my statement. anyway, you ORDed already? or still in?
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  9. #29

    Smile Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    what is the pianist's name? i am trying to recall. vaguely remember a pianist's case with mod. dying father here. paying a fine only. way passed ns age, so, not eligible.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    haha like i said, i'd rather not mention the basis for my statement. anyway, you ORDed already? or still in?
    Yeah well, I guess we both have our reasons, haha.

    Long time ago, but the amount of times that I go for reservist, I'm pretty much like a regular. Woohoo!
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    what is the pianist's name? i am trying to recall. vaguely remember a pianist's case with mod. dying father here. paying a fine only. way passed ns age, so, not eligible.
    So I guess these Norwegian brothers have to wait for another 20 years then.

    Can't recall his name.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Singapore, east-ish
    Posts
    2,291

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Google told me his name's Melvyn Tan

  13. #33

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Yeah well, I guess we both have our reasons, haha.

    Long time ago, but the amount of times that I go for reservist, I'm pretty much like a regular. Woohoo!
    haha how come you have such regular reservist?

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    So I guess these Norwegian brothers have to wait for another 20 years then.

    Can't recall his name.
    Melvyn Tan. the power of google.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stad van Manneken Pis
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    So I guess these Norwegian brothers have to wait for another 20 years then.

    Can't recall his name.
    Melvyn Tan
    Come visit my Flickr :)

  15. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stad van Manneken Pis
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    Google told me his name's Melvyn Tan
    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    haha how come you have such regular reservist?

    Melvyn Tan. the power of google.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddyks View Post
    Melvyn Tan
    Wahh damn powerful google All your answers are right ding ding ding
    Come visit my Flickr :)

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    haha like i said, i'd rather not mention the basis for my statement. anyway, you ORDed already? or still in?
    i know its pretty damn OT but when you heading in? u could pm me.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by liionel View Post
    i know its pretty damn OT but when you heading in? u could pm me.
    haha why do you want to know? i have no diea yet. gotta get the lubly letter first.
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

  18. #38

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    I am well aware of the situation in Israel. Unfortunately (or fortunately, whichever way you feel) that isn't the case in Singapore. The point is, the Singapore government (mindef in particular) only only requires males to undergo NS.
    Yup, that's why I think Mindef logic is flawed because they stated in their press release that as a "Singaporean" and not as a "Singaporean male" they have enjoyed the benefits of living in Singapore. Plenty of people enjoy the benefits of being singaporean without having to serve a day in their life.

  19. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,835

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    haha why do you want to know? i have no diea yet. gotta get the lubly letter first.
    aiyah cheh, i thought you're going in soon.

    15 sept.......botakhood.

  20. #40
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Norwegian Brothers.

    Enjoy it...

    it's fun, so much like a holiday camp liao....
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •