Thread: Cambodia.

Default Cambodia.

Am thinking of going to Cambodia Siem Reap for a solo trip and a good look at the city and of cos it will include Angkorwat in my itinerary. Its gonna be a trip for some photos and seeing life.

Need some advises from the people here, any reasonable pricing hotels to recommend?
    Comments on the hotels? Am looking thru the internet for more information right now.
    But would appreciate if someone could inject some ideas.

Default Re: Cambodia.

hey there. i just got back last week. it's a pretty small town and EVERYONE there is there for angkor sightseeing. the main town is centered around an old market and if you can find backpacker accom around there, that would be convenient. there are some hotels in the outer areas which look half decent but might be a bit inconvenient if you're travelling solo cos you'll have to get transport just to get to town. there are large and super nice hotels near the town which include the grand angkor (which is a raffles group hotel), le meridien and a few others, if you have cash to spend. it's really a small place and will be very easy to navigate. i suggest you just pick up a guidebook and check out their suggestions for the hotels near town cos that would be the most convenient. i stayed at the fcc (foreign correspondents club), which isn't very cheap, but if you don't mind spending, it's a really great place. have a great time!