Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: "Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

Default Re: "Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

The new STTA president was quoted in papers as wanting to promote table tennis among kindergarten kids & got approval from *** kindergartens.

My question is: Are kids at such young age taller than the table? Can they see the net?

Anybody know? Is this a good plan?

Problem with this president, assume role then start to show off........ thats the problem. We need sports person to run the association, not politicians. More often than not, they would kill the game........... lets just watch......
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

Quote Originally Posted by s598719 View Post
    The new STTA president was quoted in papers as wanting to promote table tennis among kindergarten kids & got approval from *** kindergartens.

My question is: Are kids at such young age taller than the table? Can they see the net?

We played Ping Pong on the floor when we were in kindies.

Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    Problem with this president, assume role then start to show off........ thats the problem. We need sports person to run the association, not politicians. More often than not, they would kill the game........... lets just watch......
    The politic of sport is best managed by a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    a woman president of stta. what do you expect? from the way she spoke on-camera, which was telecast on our tv. it only shows one thing. reacting to situations impulsively. she behaved like empress dowager. issuing edicts.
    You know why Empress Dowager had so many eunuches?

They were all ex-Ping Pong players whose balls were cut off because they didn't bring medals home.
    Last edited by Sion; 25th August 2008 at 09:47 PM.

in today's TODAY " i didn't said they will be sacked"
    now on damaged control.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Yup only you got it.... let's just say that it's not wise to be openly critical of the government esp in Clubsnap hence I have to reword my statements.

I thought adding this line was a giveaway but I guess you guys failed to see it.
    "after all many of our MPs serve as directors of companies that they are totally not related to"
    Well to be fair...I would not say the "power that be" made the error but could simply be just one person in the fray here and it might actually be politicking between the two main "actors" in these fiasco. I suspect it slip out during the games and that could be the reason for the coach's no show when it came time for their player to compete. I mean if I during the Olympic games helped coach the ladies to winning a silver against some great odds and then some how...someone "bichiak lobang" to me that I will be let go after the games after the games...how would you feel man? This president might not have thought they would have won anything at the Games and thought coming back it would be a good reason to let him go..since they did not win. But sekali..they DID WIN but she held back but someone itchy backside on the side-line decided MAYBE to sabo her and told the coach the firing plot against him hehehhe...talk about a soap opera storyline hor heheh.... would be amazing if this was true heheh

In any case.. let's not go too high up the chain of command lah. Sometime it is the lower general ( with illusion of graduer) that has their own game at play too.

I am willing to give them the benefit of a doubt. I would like to see how this play out when 'it' comes back to Singapore. heheh..

I sense a lot of tactics using Sun Tze The art of war in the plots to be revealed heh
    Last edited by sammy888; 25th August 2008 at 04:45 PM.

The player was not of a strong and independent character. Although the coach should be around during his play, he should not blame anyone for his loss in the game.

A good player is independent, strong in will, and should be able to make decisions for himself during a tournament. Hello, it is not the coach who is playing the game. I can tell you. Even if the coach is there, he will still lose the game because he was already buay zai in the first place. You can see the way he played the first set. The power and spirit was totally not there.

This is just my opinion. As for the sacking and all that I hold reservations because I do not have the full picture yet. If anyone really sacks anybody after a game is lost, then I think our sports arena is in a shameful plight.

Smile Re: "Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

i couldn't care less if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. I think she has really portrayed herself badly, and I'm not some champion of woman's rights, but don't you think that was a little sexist man?

Put it this way. This is a cheap but effective way to shoot oneself to world fame by introducing such news overnight.

As in the news this morning, she claimed she was badly misunderstood and the press had blown the matter out of proportion. So if she made a mistake in her comment, would she be sacked?

Looks like she lit the wrong torch for Olympics, leaving the nation burning in hate.

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    The player was not of a strong and independent character. Although the coach should be around during his play, he should not blame anyone for his loss in the game.

A good player is independent, strong in will, and should be able to make decisions for himself during a tournament. Hello, it is not the coach who is playing the game. I can tell you. Even if the coach is there, he will still lose the game because he was already buay zai in the first place. You can see the way he played the first set. The power and spirit was totally not there.

This is just my opinion. As for the sacking and all that I hold reservations because I do not have the full picture yet. If anyone really sacks anybody after a game is lost, then I think our sports arena is in a shameful plight.
    I agree.
    He is ranked 12th in the world and he lost to an opponent ranked 43th in straight sets and then ran crying off the court... just because there was no coach there to hold his hand and I'm sure he knew the reason why in the first place. If that's not throwing a tantrum and deliberately throwing the match, an Olympics one no less, I don't know what is. After all, the coach is not there to play his game for him. He should be able to read the game himself as a world class player and adjust his game accordingly even without a coach present.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You know why the Empress had so many eunuches?

They were all ex-Ping Pong players whose balls were cut off because they didn't bring medals home.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by s598719 View Post

I am not sure whether i remembered correctly. But seems to have seen very young kids being coached to play table tennis in China.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I agree.
    He is ranked 12th in the world and he lost to an opponent ranked 43th in straight sets and then ran crying off the court... just because there was no coach there to hold his hand and I'm sure he knew the reason why in the first place. If that's not throwing a tantrum and deliberately throwing the match, an Olympics one no less, I don't know what is. After all, the coach is not there to play his game for him. He should be able to read the game himself as a world class player and adjust his game accordingly even without a coach present.
    if need coach to be present than can be rank 12th in the world and loos to one that is rank 43rd, doesnt that makes him nothing more than a puppet / robot who cant think?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Well to be fair...I would not say the "power that be" made the error but could simply be just one person in the fray here and it might actually be politicking between the two main "actors" in these fiasco. I suspect it slip out during the games and that could be the reason for the coach's no show when it came time for their player to compete. I mean if I during the Olympic games helped coach the ladies to winning a silver against some great odds and then some how...someone "bichiak lobang" to me that I will be let go after the games after the games...how would you feel man? This president might not have thought they would have won anything at the Games and thought coming back it would be a good reason to let him go..since they did not win. But sekali..they DID WIN but she held back but someone itchy backside on the side-line decided MAYBE to sabo her and told the coach the firing plot against him hehehhe...talk about a soap opera storyline hor heheh.... would be amazing if this was true heheh

In any case.. let's not go too high up the chain of command lah. Sometime it is the lower general ( with illusion of graduer) that has their own game at play too.

I am willing to give them the benefit of a doubt. I would like to see how this play out when 'it' comes back to Singapore. heheh..

I sense a lot of tactics using Sun Tze The art of war in the plots to be revealed heh
    sammy, you writing script for the next tv hit series is it?

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Put it this way. This is a cheap but effective way to shoot oneself to world fame by introducing such news overnight.

As in the news this morning, she claimed she was badly misunderstood and the press had blown the matter out of proportion. So if she made a mistake in her comment, would she be sacked?

Looks like she lit the wrong torch for Olympics, leaving the nation burning in hate.
    I agree.
    Totally agree with you all. If the women won another medal in the singles game, I think this matter will not escalate to the current situation, in fact they might say that they are managing human resources(in this scenario coaches) in an effective way which result them to win another medal for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    sammy, you writing script for the next tv hit series is it?
    I almost did the storyboard too but then to draw her face...wah...my drawing hand went into a spastic wild swing motion that resemble a ping pong smash motion across the paper where her face might have been hehehe

I agree.
    Tomcat, precisely what u've said!!

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    if need coach to be present than can be rank 12th in the world and loos to one that is rank 43rd, doesnt that makes him nothing more than a puppet / robot who cant think?
    That reminds of a few people I use to play music and jam with back in the 80s when doing jam sessions by renting studio was hip among those into music...we had those who were great on their instruments. They could play almost any piece you put before them...but take away the scores or song sheets...the mistakes starts coming into play more and more. Even after practicing those tunes for a long time. But take the song sheets away.....die. There is that over dependency on a safety net I guess among us all in one form or another lah. But that is just it isn't it with our Singapore culture, upbringing and why people said...to find entrepreneurs in Singapore will be an uphill task with the last few decades crop of people...grads or no grads. Hardly want to take risk and always take the easy way out where possible. Even if you bring in the best sport FT...the culture we have will rub off on them really fast!...

The Today paper quoted her: “I didn’t say that Antony and the coach will be sacked…I feel that it’s all been blown out of proportion and now the damage is really terrible.”
    She is one of our super successful FTs ...
    Last edited by Canonised; 25th August 2008 at 10:00 PM.
    always the Light, .... always.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast