Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

Angry "Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

TELL ME.

How can they do that?

Default Re: "Winning" Table Tennis Team Manager to be sacked!

They should sack the table tennis president.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Guess there are a lot of politics in sports too.

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S View Post
    Guess there are a lot of politics in sports too.
    Name me a place where there ISN'T politics? Everywhere also have man. At home also called politics.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

It happens....not only in sports, in office, in gov in everywhere

But the way it happens so quickly and so blantantly really disgusted me

What happenned? I did not read why all this was happening.

You are right... just sad that it's even in sports and at such an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Name me a place where there ISN'T politics? Everywhere also have man. At home also called politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    What happenned? I did not read why all this was happening.
    it's the headlines, sunday times

how can they do that ???????????????

going to have some welcome party at the airport tomorrow afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    It happens....not only in sports, in office, in gov in everywhere

But the way it happens so quickly and so blantantly really disgusted me
    I think this is a really bad move.....if someone were to be punished, there should be other ways....

Quote Originally Posted by mcn View Post
    TELL ME.

How can they do that?
    they did.......

this is a real sad case....

TV news said decision to sack him was made before Olympics started????????

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    TV news said decision to sack him was made before Olympics started????????

HS
    but off course.....

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    but off course.....
    At least they let him enjoy the Olympics first as kind of a 'golden handshake'

Blog Entries

What can you expect when you put a politician in the Association? it will become more political.

What did the president done for the sports or help in any way to win a medal.

No leadership at all but pure politicking, the reason probably is to ensure she have a new team of "yes madam" who will suck up to her and say things she likes to hear and make things happen for her (reminds me of the Ads of a tennis coach talking to a parent of the child playing tennis).

Anyway, history since time memorial has been repeating itself. How many times have we read about heros and warriors being executed or sent to exile, by their own very Kings and Emperors, after successfully fighting for them. Once the battle is over the heros and credit is not to the ppl who fought the battle but the "Top Leadership" will claim it citing that it is them who steer the national team to victory and of course PPA and PBM or whatever not will be awarded.

Of course the reasons for whatever they do is always "for the good of the organization etc etc " lest they forget we were not born yesterday.

Anyway with such a move I guess if we are lucky, we may have to wait another 48 years to get another medal. Afterall who has the morale or want to get involve with such politicking in sports.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 24th August 2008 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    What can you expect when you put a politician in the Association? it will become more political.

No leadership at all but pure politicking, the reason probably is to ensure she have a new team of "yes madam" who will suck up to her and say things she likes to hear and make things happen for her (reminds me of the Ads of a tennis coach talking to a parent of the child playing tennis).

Anyway, history since time memorial has been repeating itself. How many times have we read about heros and warriors being executed or sent to exile, by their own very Kings and Emperors, after successfully fighting for them. Once the battle is over the heros and credit is not to the ppl who fought the battle but the "Top Leadership" will claim it citing that it is them who steer the national team to victory and of course PPA and PBM or whatever not will be awarded.

Of course the reasons for whatever they do is always "for the good of the organization etc etc " lest they forget we were not born yesterday.

Anyway with such a move I guess if we are lucky, we may have to wait another 48 years to get another medal. Afterall who has the morale or want to get involve with such politicking in sports.
    touche.....

+ the emotional out burst....

just now ms lbw said on the news that they made the decision not to renew his contract before the team left for beijing.

guess they made a big mistake here, the man manages the team so good that they brought medals.

others interviewed said timing to announce the news could have been better, one even say better to reopen this issue.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    just now ms lbw said on the news that they made the decision not to renew his contract before the team left for beijing.

guess they made a big mistake here, the man manages the team so good that they brought medals.

others interviewed said timing to announce the news could have been better, one even say better to reopen this issue.
    Seriously , why the urgency to make such an important decision before going to Bejing?

Surely the most important KPI, in deciding the axe is to see his performance in Bejing as to whether he can get the team to bring in a medal.

Or perhaps the top management have given up and never expect a medal for the TT team, even before going and thus have to make such a crucial decision fast

Ppl who has no foresight, or the ability to keep in touch with the ground feel and treat their subordinate as a digit, and do not have any feeling for them(their subordinate) is to fit to lead.
    Last edited by chngpe01; 24th August 2008 at 10:40 PM.

dream turned into nightmare so soon arh?

what can i say....achieve your target and you get a pat on the back, screw up the next day and you're out.

couldn't they wait the the team got back first? whats the rush?

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post

if you do a little research into the table tennis association president you may get abit of insight into her character...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast