Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinese gymnasts underage

Default Re: Chinese gymnasts underage

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Well said !!!

I can't understand why there's so much China Bashing?? You want to talk about cheating? What about the news about another country's doping charge? How come no one slam that guy for a CLEAR CUT CASE OF CHEATING???
    Sydney Symphony has admitted miming its performance at the 2000 Olympics:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.a...620947&rss=yes

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    My father was playing with Canons while I was still in the womb, and I heard all the clicks and funny sounds.............

Now I am grown up, I play with Nikons..........it really works!

HS
    Maybe you were bombarded with Nikon promotions in the maternity hospital as it used to advertise aggressively to the new born babies who grew up to be die-hard Nikonians.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    My three month old baby is playing with a plastic toy camera.
    My baby was playing with D60 when he was 11mth old.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    He has his own drybox?

This is a different issue from the case of beijing organisors, since they mimed it but the majority of the performance was played by them anwyay, just that it was recorded. lots of celebrities do that but in the case of the Beijing organisors' case, they got another girl to lip synch because they felt the singer was too ugly. how is that acceptable? you tell a young girl that she cannot be seen on television even though she is the one singing, because she is too ugly? as so many people have said, what kind of message does that send to young children?
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    This is a different issue from the case of beijing organisors, since they mimed it but the majority of the performance was played by them anwyay, just that it was recorded. lots of celebrities do that but in the case of the Beijing organisors' case, they got another girl to lip synch because they felt the singer was too ugly. how is that acceptable? you tell a young girl that she cannot be seen on television even though she is the one singing, because she is too ugly? as so many people have said, what kind of message does that send to young children?
    LOL.... good example of western country do something, its okay.... Other country do it... not okay... OT a little... US attack Iraq... its called liberating. Russia attack Georgia, its called invasion.. If Japan win WWII, then today maybe everything Japanese say mean correct... Lets face it lah... in this world there will always be double standard. Usually its those in power who will always be right.

Quote Originally Posted by jacquesvile View Post
    Chinese gymnasts underage
    I am always petrified when I read ppl taking sides, motivated more by the heart than the brain. With an inhuman title like this, it is obvious that the members here will break into a few differing camps.

Basically, there are only a few issues that some parties are not happy about:

1. China winning in so many events, prompting suspicion of biased judges,
    2. Ke Hexin, looks too young for her age, and the so-called suspicious missing documents,
    3. The pretty model and the ugly singer

If you follow the events closely, Chinese deserved to win their Gold, sometimes with the help of the other competitors, but mostly you can see that their skills were far far ahead of the competitions. But because there are more Chinese for this games, they tend to have more participation in more events.
    For eg, in the Gymnastic, the 2 Americans girls were clearly better, and they actually lead in some of the time, but because both of them made some careless errors, the whole team lost .... nothing more, nothing less. But in the individual, the Chinese lost, because they too make errors, and the 2 Americans won Gold and SIlver.
    Then in the diving, GuoJingJing, and many other Chinese, was clearly a class by herself and they deserved to wn Gold.
    The Chinese didnt win in many other events because they are no good, and that's all.
    IMO, the judges were fair (the judges ARE not Chinese). I always stress that in modern games, there are many hi-tech equipments to assist in the judging .... for instance, like the tennis, close-call shots. How to be biased?

Whether she is 14 or 16, I dont think China is that stupid to cheat over a potential Gold medal. If it is so, then, there are a lot of people who will have to live with this secret in their lifetime and one day the secret will still be out. In the Internet society, nothing is a secret now. WHen she was born, there were neighbours, friends, relatives, doctors, teachers, and so many other who have attended to her one time or other, and I dont think there is no one who will not provide evidence that she is of different age
    Reporters will dig out the truth one day if there is a secret here .... can't we give the benefit of doubt to the Chinese now?

To many of us, this is really cruel to the kids ... but one must bear in mind this is the first time China has fully exposed herself to the world after so many many years of closed door and rural mentality. The western countries have many years of international cultural intercourse, while the Chinese are truly still virgin in this.
    IMO, it didnt cross the minds of all the organizers when there were discussions on this subject (since in oury private capacity, we may behave the same). To me, this is a painful lesson the Chinese will learn and I am sure they realise that.
    Always remember, our parents were that ... believe me, in 20 years time, the Chinese will be teaching many others how to behave!

Of course, there are so many other things that most parties are happy but seldom want to bring them out, such as, during the Games:
    1. Pollution free
    2. Congestion free
    3. Safety and security
    4. Friendly and good food, housing
    5. Drug-free Chinese
    6. "Near-perfect" organisation of the whole Games
    and I believe you can add another hundred items.
    always the Light, .... always.

during TV interview this year in China, the gymnast admit she is 14, how come she grow old 2yrs in a yr

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Whether she is 14 or 16, I dont think China is that stupid to cheat over a potential Gold medal. If it is so, then, there are a lot of people who will have to live with this secret in their lifetime and one day the secret will still be out. In the Internet society, nothing is a secret now. WHen she was born, there were neighbours, friends, relatives, doctors, teachers, and so many other who have attended to her one time or other, and I dont think there is no one who will not provide evidence that she is of different age
    Reporters will dig out the truth one day if there is a secret here .... can't we give the benefit of doubt to the Chinese now?
    Present day:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/sp...tml?ref=sports

Example of a past history of doping....and caught by their own authority... Google it..just like other countries caught doing it, our motherland China has it's share too.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olymp...l-doping_x.htm

http://www.pharmacychoice.com/News/a...ticle_ID=66797

I heard you man. I know where you are coming from but I hope you can also see our points of view here. It is just our observation and yes maybe tainted with abit of off colour and bias. Well it is a passionate topic....

We should keep something in mind here. We should agree to disagree discussing this hot potato. heheh.....But you need to tone down the red flag waving abit too. heheh... If you start another thread praising what good things has come of these games ...I have just as much to admire them too...But yes it was a timely reminder from you to state here that there are as many good if not more that came out of Olympic 2008.

I think we have done not bad here ... no moderators has come in to stop anything from getting too far left or right...heheh... we must be doing it right thus far...but lets just keep it hot but not crazy hot. heh

Now I did not place this link here to win anything... and further to that I would also like to add that what these china sport individual were caught for...they could have done this without the China Govt knowing about it too. Yes? That is why I try to only give you links to report exposed by China authority themselves so you don't think we are bias.
    Last edited by sammy888; 28th August 2008 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    Well said !!!

I can't understand why there's so much China Bashing?? You want to talk about cheating? What about the news about another country's doping charge? How come no one slam that guy for a CLEAR CUT CASE OF CHEATING???

Quote Originally Posted by vonlichenstein View Post
    Pot Calling Kettle Black

Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

Quote Originally Posted by netidolweb View Post
    during TV interview this year in China, the gymnast admit she is 14, how come she grow old 2yrs in a yr
    on tv, everybody claim they're virgin but in real life, who knows..

Quote Originally Posted by idor View Post
    LOL.... good example of western country do something, its okay.... Other country do it... not okay... OT a little... US attack Iraq... its called liberating. Russia attack Georgia, its called invasion.. If Japan win WWII, then today maybe everything Japanese say mean correct... Lets face it lah... in this world there will always be double standard. Usually its those in power who will always be right.
    idor, well said . from what i've seen/heard on the ground. ppl tends to look at the great mighty China in another perspective (..negatively ). always a loser in many ppl's eye. dun think, after holding this superb Olympics , will change their mindset towards China.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon View Post
    very cute. your boy can represent Singapore Youth Olympics 2010 at opening ceremony..

this is nice, people are agreeing to disagree without fighting/name calling.

ok back to topic, i didn't watch most of the games cause i was too busy at work, so i can't comment on the golds, but i believe china did not win because of biased judging. The young chinese gymnasts? no comment cause even if i met them i wouldn't know how old they were. As for the double standards issue, well history is written by the victorious, not the defeated. Or as someone has put it, History sides with the bigger guns.

I am not China bashing, I feel that the organisors have done a great job in organising such a massive event in such a spectacular manner. BUT i feel that their treatment of the 2 girls IS unacceptable. for them/whoever decided to be sending such a message to the youth of the world at such a prestigious event? Not sure its such a good idea.

Anyway I'm off to sleep, shooting an event tmr. continue to agree, to disagree!
    It is such a quiet thing to fall,
    But far more terrible is to admit it

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    on tv, everybody claim they're virgin but in real life, who knows..
    Very True.... I love this analogy...

He has his own drybox?
    To store his diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    very cute. your boy can represent Singapore Youth Olympics 2010 at opening ceremony..
    As a Nikon photographer?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123