Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a worthy news about table tennis captain Li Jia Wei

Default Re: a worthy news about table tennis captain Li Jia Wei

Quote Originally Posted by coffee3in1 View Post
    Yeah, but I doubt she has a chance to play in the Olympics if she wana represent China.
    It is exactly this reason why so many players want to leave China.

At the last world championships in Guangzhou, about 170 players representing countries other than China -- about one quarter of the participants -- were Chinese.

Chinese ping pong players representing 17 countries in Beijing Olympics:
    - Hong Kong,
    - Singapore,
    - Japan,
    - Korea,
    - Congo,
    - Luxembourg,
    - France,
    - Poland,
    - Germany,
    - Spain,
    - Australia,
    - Austria,
    - Canada and
    - The United States

Quote Originally Posted by tempdan View Post
    see LI Jia Wei interview with CCTV http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=426895254
    she made a statement about her hope for olympic. (at 26:31s)
    The actual statment that she made is " 自己是个北京人, 又是中国人。 我希望能在自己的本土, 自己的地盘上, 能够取得一枚奖牌"
    ya, I watch the whole interview and ended with much more respect for our two table tennis players. The effort they have spend on their trade, their lives, their background, etc.

Especially, Li Jiawei. How she came alone when she was only 13-14..... she probably spend many years in singapore already. How she got bitten by mosquitoes like 40+ times on her legs when she just arrived, etc.

I think they should play this interview in CNA. It does help to convince those people who are against the chinese born paddlers.

very interesting watch. So please, dun just read one or two lines off the 45 minute interview lah......
    Last edited by pisduck; 22nd August 2008 at 04:59 PM.

Yeah, but I doubt she has a chance to play in the Olympics if she wana represent China.
    this, i totally disagree .... there is always a possibility that she may be the world no 1 player now given that the training method and the coach is of different class ...

Btw, what's the deal with the absence of coash at the men's match yesterday? Kinda pissed to hear that we sent 5 coaches there, none went to support the player during his match.
    Actually I am kind of surprised that we have so many coaches to go along with the players
    Actually there were 2 coaches for the Men and each coach was supposed to look after each of our players. Unfortunately one of the coaches fell sick and the other one offered to help out, since he thought that our first player would have finished his game in another section and he could come over for the 2nd player Game. Then, suay, his Game lasted longer as unexpected and he was unable to go over to the 2nd player.
    Then another coach was with our Women's Game and was unable to help out.
    This is a honest mistake, unless that coach faked his illness (and probably having a good time elsewhere?)
    always the Light, .... always.

Wah, so sad sia, they way they described their life experiences. One talked about her experience of the day she left home, the other talked about her father's passing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12