Thread: Dirt inbetween water bottle covers

Default Dirt inbetween water bottle covers

Sorry, no pic...

Well, i just started drinking more water so have a few water bottles (ok, basically i only drink tetra pack and canned drinks from fridge in the past, now i mix honey etc to drink...)

Anyway, just now my mom was like telling me i have to scrub the threads of the covers, and i was like, neh, i was cleaning it like this... then feeling skeptical... i look at my cover again... damn alot of black moldy stuff... yikes... faster clean them up...

But its all in the threads... used 3 tissue and some still there... i wonder what kinda bottles you guys use that won't be so 'dirty'...

I find that the worse is those nike polycarbonate bottles, have too many pockets that alot of dirt and bacteria might be trap inside.... yikes...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Default Re: Dirt inbetween water bottle covers

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    Sorry, no pic...

Well, i just started drinking more water so have a few water bottles (ok, basically i only drink tetra pack and canned drinks from fridge in the past, now i mix honey etc to drink...)

Anyway, just now my mom was like telling me i have to scrub the threads of the covers, and i was like, neh, i was cleaning it like this... then feeling skeptical... i look at my cover again... damn alot of black moldy stuff... yikes... faster clean them up...

But its all in the threads... used 3 tissue and some still there... i wonder what kinda bottles you guys use that won't be so 'dirty'...

I find that the worse is those nike polycarbonate bottles, have too many pockets that alot of dirt and bacteria might be trap inside.... yikes...
    How often you brush your teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How often you brush your teeth?
    got link?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

High pressured water jets, as well as toothbrushes are good for getting into the nooks and crannies of water bottles.

AVOID warm or hot water to cleanse the bottles.

If you like, you could also use something like a cholorahexadine wash (anything from 3-10%) to aid in killing bacteria.

The best/safest water bottles are the stainless, or glass-lined stainless steel ones.

CHEERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    High pressured water jets, as well as toothbrushes are good for getting into the nooks and crannies of water bottles.

AVOID warm or hot water to cleanse the bottles.

If you like, you could also use something like a cholorahexadine wash (anything from 3-10%) to aid in killing bacteria.

The best/safest water bottles are the stainless, or glass-lined stainless steel ones.

CHEERS!
    hmm, glass lined stainless steel, got pic anot?

hmm, glass lined stainless steel, got pic anot?
    You no pix to show and you ask others to show pix
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt View Post
    You no pix to show and you ask others to show pix
    Ya lor. Mus ask him horr...show me yaws first, then I'll shove OOPS! show yu mine!

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Dirt inbetween water bottle covers

For office, I use a large water bottle but I don't drink directly from the bottle. Instead I use a disposable cup (change every 1-2 days) and pour out what I need.

Before, when I used to drink directly from the bottle, after a few days, the bottle will need to be washed especially round the threads area as bacteria (and bad breath from my mouth hahaha) starts to breed there.

By pouring out the water, no contact with human flesh thus less/no bacteria and only need to rinse occasionally.

vince123123
    Guests

I drink directly from the bottle and only wash when it starts to look/smell weird hehe Still alive :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Before, when I used to drink directly from the bottle, after a few days, the bottle will need to be washed especially round the threads area as bacteria (and bad breath from my mouth hahaha) starts to breed there.
    If wife doesn't complain and still healthy, then your bacteria is good one lah.

If wife doesn't complain ...
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

just get a cheap soft tooth brush for the threads + abit of mild soap.

I drink lots of Chinese tea and my china cup as well as the stainless vacuum cup are so terribly browned ... but my China Sinseh said, these tea stains all good for my health and give the tea more characteristic .....
    Not sure got anyone poison by these stain before?
    always the Light, .... always.

tea stains, lime scale & mould all different thingy...

Why not get those Nike Squirt bottles? Just make sure you don't spill or suck lor =D
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

Smile Re: Dirt inbetween water bottle covers

there are no shortcuts. just regular cleaning routine. i use brush for brushing milk bottles to reach the inside of the bottle.

Sorry, no pic...

Maybe you eat Tao Sar Pao before drinking?

Maybe you eat Tao Sar Pao before drinking?
    eh, u too bored ar?

eh, u too bored ar?
    Never bored with you always around in Kopitiam.