Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 63

Thread: Fuel Consumption???

  1. #41

    Default

    hi redman2,

    saw this post, didn't have the time to read thru all of these posts but in general i've gone through the entire thought process too..
    going from korean cars being cheaper overall to ending up buying a mazda 323...

    pm me or call me if u need to hear more yar??

    well,
    mazda 323 is really economical..
    can't remember but its fuel consumption is good... maybe around 11-15km/l let me check on that...

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Anyone has any comments/feedback about the Toyota Rav4 18000/2000 CC?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  3. #43

    Default

    Originally posted by Quacks
    hi redman2,

    saw this post, didn't have the time to read thru all of these posts but in general i've gone through the entire thought process too..
    going from korean cars being cheaper overall to ending up buying a mazda 323...

    pm me or call me if u need to hear more yar??

    well,
    mazda 323 is really economical..
    can't remember but its fuel consumption is good... maybe around 11-15km/l let me check on that...
    hi quacks

    actually i like the height of matrix/gets/jazz/ignis etc... that's y 323 didn't came across my mine. really good? u want sell me urs? hehe.

  4. #44

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Anyone has any comments/feedback about the Toyota Rav4 18000/2000 CC?
    wow... looks like we need different thread for different car brand, model, make etc... haha.

    anyway, is it true tt all toyota engines very fuel efficient?

  5. #45

    Default

    hello...hope i'm not too late... basically...if u are looking for a car with the best fuel consumption...look no further.. get the honda fit/jazz.... specs wise is 23km/L but in reality....I have friends getting 17-18km/L

    u might wonder how is this achievable....its the way the engine is design...unlike normal cars...this engine uses 2 spark plugs per cyclinder..this would allow the engine to function even more efficiently and also, max torque kicks in at a rather low RPM...this means that the car can pick-up fast w/o u having to rev the engine...this in turn saves petrol

    not to mention...honda generally has a higher resale value as compared to hyundai....

    ps: no offences to hyundai fans/owners

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by ralphii82sg
    hello...hope i'm not too late... basically...if u are looking for a car with the best fuel consumption...look no further.. get the honda fit/jazz.... specs wise is 23km/L but in reality....I have friends getting 17-18km/L

    u might wonder how is this achievable....its the way the engine is design...unlike normal cars...this engine uses 2 spark plugs per cyclinder..this would allow the engine to function even more efficiently and also, max torque kicks in at a rather low RPM...this means that the car can pick-up fast w/o u having to rev the engine...this in turn saves petrol

    not to mention...honda generally has a higher resale value as compared to hyundai....

    ps: no offences to hyundai fans/owners
    Ralphie... any pros and cons in regards to THe Toyota Rav4?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  7. #47

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Anyone has any comments/feedback about the Toyota Rav4 18000/2000 CC?
    18000 CC !!!!!! power siahz...even bigger in cc then sbs bus...hehehe~



    okie...basically...the difference between 1.8L and 2 L is very little.. hardly noticable until u travel at high speeds, the 1.8L can be rather rough... or in other words...noisy... but then again...there are also advantages...eg, fuel comsumption, road tax.....

    anyway..the toyota rav 4 is not realli a suv, feels more like a saloon on high heels.. forget abt taking it offroads, the honda crv might have a better chance.... its one suv thats made for the roads...hehehe...engine wise, nothing to talk much abt...its fellow competitiors, honda CRV, mitsubitshi airtrek(NA), subaru forester(NA), all have much better and powerful engines

    but then again..one man's meat is another man's poison...go for a test drive to see which u like best


    ps: just my little contribution...hehehe~~

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default


    u might wonder how is this achievable....its the way the engine is design...unlike normal cars...this engine uses 2 spark plugs per cyclinder..this would allow the engine to function even more efficiently and also, max torque kicks in at a rather low RPM...this means that the car can pick-up fast w/o u having to rev the engine...this in turn saves petrol
    did I mentioned the Alfa 75 Twinspark ?

    0-100kph 8.2s, still manages 8.5km/l

    oh, it also have continuously variable timing (not the same as the early Honda VTEC).

    All these in 1988 fantastic engine, when it is working
    Last edited by hwchoy; 28th July 2003 at 11:19 PM.

  9. #49

    Default

    Originally posted by hwchoy
    if you like to cheong I think the Impreza more fitting
    also if u like going over humps at 100km/h with zero damage to car go for impreza. ford focus handles very well because of the anti-roll bar. you will love cornering with the ford focus.

  10. #50

    Default

    Originally posted by maddog
    also if u like going over humps at 100km/h with zero damage to car go for impreza. ford focus handles very well because of the anti-roll bar. you will love cornering with the ford focus.
    as compared to the ford focus's anti-roll bar,subaru impreza TS is 4WD...it also has lower form of CG



  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    talking about going over humps, I find the BMW 5-series essentially hump-proof. I once drove my colleagues out of the office carpark, and one of them shouted "watch for the hump", and the answer was bascially "what hump?"

    also once saw this ah pek parking his 7-series at a HDB car park, he didn't notice (nor did his passenger who is substantially younger) that 3 of the wheels are on the parking lot, and one of them is on the kerb (those lots next to tree-plots)!! He happily locked the car and went off

  12. #52

    Default

    Originally posted by hwchoy
    talking about going over humps, I find the BMW 5-series essentially hump-proof. I once drove my colleagues out of the office carpark, and one of them shouted "watch for the hump", and the answer was bascially "what hump?"

    also once saw this ah pek parking his 7-series at a HDB car park, he didn't notice (nor did his passenger who is substantially younger) that 3 of the wheels are on the parking lot, and one of them is on the kerb (those lots next to tree-plots)!! He happily locked the car and went off
    err.. maybe that does speak a bit of your driving skills.. hhehee

    and the ahpek is suffering from old age lah and his younger friends have it worse than him... sufferring from old age at a younger age.. haha!

    redman2,
    actually have thoughts to sell the mazda but since this is a camera forum... let's not go there.. and it's only a thought...

    go test drive the mazda...
    u sell me a good lens and i'd drive u all around the island.. heheheh
    otherwise have u tried the suzuki liana?

  13. #53

    Default

    Originally posted by Quacks
    redman2,
    actually have thoughts to sell the mazda but since this is a camera forum... let's not go there.. and it's only a thought...

    go test drive the mazda...
    u sell me a good lens and i'd drive u all around the island.. heheheh
    otherwise have u tried the suzuki liana?
    haha, haven't tried any yet... just asking around first, considering cost n other commitments as well.

    actually sounds good leh... i sell u my 70-200EX at $10K, then u drive me all around singapore, all the time and anytime, and anywhere. hehe.

    the liana looks not bad, too bad they name it after "ah lians"... so they call the car "lian ah". hehe.

    someone mentioned jazz can do about 18km/l... anyone can varify?

  14. #54

    Default

    Originally posted by redman2
    haha, haven't tried any yet... just asking around first, considering cost n other commitments as well.

    actually sounds good leh... i sell u my 70-200EX at $10K, then u drive me all around singapore, all the time and anytime, and anywhere. hehe.

    the liana looks not bad, too bad they name it after "ah lians"... so they call the car "lian ah". hehe.

    someone mentioned jazz can do about 18km/l... anyone can varify?
    very funny!!!

    liana

    and yes i've heard about the jazz or fit being able to do that kinda mileage.

  15. #55
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Asylum, Ward 4444
    Posts
    2,095

    Default

    Originally posted by ralphii82sg
    if u are looking for a car with the best fuel consumption...look no further.. get the honda fit/jazz.... specs wise is 23km/L but in reality....I have friends getting 17-18km/L
    23km/L? Really?
    Toyota Corolla gets about 16-28km/L & dats considered very good already.

    From my understanding Toyota Corolla is the most fuel economical car around.
    Did not know Honda Jazz saves more than a Corolla.

    Amazing... Coz usually Honda drinks more than Toyota.
    Honda is more of a performance car.

  16. #56

    Default

    Originally posted by markccm
    23km/L? Really?
    Toyota Corolla gets about 16-28km/L & dats considered very good already.

    From my understanding Toyota Corolla is the most fuel economical car around.
    Did not know Honda Jazz saves more than a Corolla.

    Amazing... Coz usually Honda drinks more than Toyota.
    Honda is more of a performance car.
    the claim about honda jazz/fit very amazing leh... can any jazz/fit owners in this forum supprot this claim from personal experiences?

  17. #57
    izux
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by shaann
    hey, just came across this thread and thot might as well to tag along this question:

    Ford Focus or Subaru Impreza??

    me can't decide which to get...seems like both has its pros and cons in terms of fuel consumption, engine made and resale value...price value-wise, both are of the same price...me newbie to car...can someone advise which to get??....tks...
    The Impreza TS has very poor fuel consumption being an AWD. It also has a rather slow pickup. IMO, if you were to get a Subaru, might as well get their WRX or even STI.(rather OT here)

  18. #58
    izux
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by markccm
    23km/L? Really?
    Toyota Corolla gets about 16-28km/L & dats considered very good already.

    From my understanding Toyota Corolla is the most fuel economical car around.
    Did not know Honda Jazz saves more than a Corolla.

    Amazing... Coz usually Honda drinks more than Toyota.
    Honda is more of a performance car.
    16-28km/L? I think you meant 16-18 ah. Anyway, yes, the Corolla is indeed highly fuel efficient, which is one of the reasons why it is the best selling car here.

    Honda might seem more 'performance' oriented, but its engines are actually quite fuel efficient. This is due to their trademark VTEC technology, which has evolved over the years in making their engines having a great balance between power and fuel economy. Why do you think BBDC uses Honda cars?

    So if your main concern is fuel, then you won't go much wrong with either Honda or Toyota.

  19. #59

    Default

    Originally posted by izux
    The Impreza TS has very poor fuel consumption being an AWD. It also has a rather slow pickup. IMO, if you were to get a Subaru, might as well get their WRX or even STI.(rather OT here)
    tks izux....this is going to be my first time buying a new car...pretty excited..hvnt decided which to get...now that i heard resale value for ford and subaru wasnt that great..plus the fuel consumption thing...might be looking at more options....thinking of mazda 323 and toyota corolla...wow how did u guys make that decision on which to get...me confused .......

  20. #60

    Default Lancer?

    btw... no mention of Lancer? How's the fuel consumption of their GDI engines? the new toyota engines like a lot of good comments. seems like toyota still most fuel efficient?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •