Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: iPhoneyz is outz...

Default Re: iPhoneyz is outz...

actually, the iphone has been around for SUCH a LONG LONG time.

I can understand if people want to queue for the first iphone 2G when it was first released as it looks pretty revolutionary.... but so many months later..... the design is like pretty old.... and other companies came up with similar clones.... no longer exclusive....

Quote Originally Posted by haagen_dazs View Post
    the prices in singapore are still frighteningly expensive compared to what it costs here
    (even with the plans factored in)
    Mark, the reason is pretty clear. Economies of scale. In the states, providers are sharing profit with Apple for price plans and hence, phone can get obtained at a much lower rate. They can afford to do so cos of the big market, they just need the volume in subscribers.

Over here, operators work on a different manner with Apple. Non-profit sharing, which make sense given the small market here. Someone eventually has to bear the cost of the phone... guess who?

Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    actually, the iphone has been around for SUCH a LONG LONG time.

I can understand if people want to queue for the first iphone 2G when it was first released as it looks pretty revolutionary.... but so many months later..... the design is like pretty old.... and other companies came up with similar clones.... no longer exclusive....
    iphone is not about just the external casing design.... Apple dont play the same old game like Nokia/samsung/sony ericsson where they keep releasing new design but inside it the function all the same for almost every phone.

The revolutionary part of iphone it is multi touch, full browser function, ease of use and user friendly interface.

Also be it old 2G iphone or 3G iphone, every new firmware release Apple improve it with more features (it like getting a new phone on every firmware release). Where will you see these kind of support from Nokia/samsung/sony ericsson, unless you buy a new phone else you phone feature will forever be the same.

If you were to compare Window Mobile 6.1 to iphone osx, just the memory management is already so much better and the whole operating system is so much stable.

Quote Originally Posted by tan131 View Post
    Mark, the reason is pretty clear. Economies of scale. In the states, providers are sharing profit with Apple for price plans and hence, phone can get obtained at a much lower rate. They can afford to do so cos of the big market, they just need the volume in subscribers.

Over here, operators work on a different manner with Apple. Non-profit sharing, which make sense given the small market here. Someone eventually has to bear the cost of the phone... guess who?
    well you are wrong, the new contract for AT&T with Apple on the new 3G is not on profit sharing. It is about Apple will sell AT&T the full price of the phone and then AT&T will then have to take the bite and cut the cost of the iphone themselve and then gain the lose back from the 2 yrs contract.

So go the same as Singtel, but looking at the case here, Singtel is all out to suck everyone blood cause she know soon M1 & Starhub might join in the fight. So been the 1st to release iphone this is the time to suck everyone.

So long M1 & Starhub not into iphone, Singtel will continue to suck everyone blood as long as the demand is high.

Most new phone models just release are always high, so early adoptors will need to pay a premium to enjoy while it is not so commonly seen around.
    Anyways... $48/mth subscription and $348 for the iPhone, not a reasonable price meh?
    My **flickr Album

Quote Originally Posted by jimbok View Post
    Most new phone models just release are always high, so early adoptors will need to pay a premium to enjoy while it is not so commonly seen around.
    Anyways... $48/mth subscription and $348 for the iPhone, not a reasonable price meh?
    yeah i agree
    i thought it is rather affordable at this price and bet its a great strategy by Singtel not to cream the market, now Starhub will have to really slash their prices when they are able to offer the iphone.

how much is the Omnia btw, its the closest competitor now

Omnia is $448 compared with iPhone 3G $348 with the same iTwo Value plan at $48/mth.
    I would get the iPhone anyday, a mouse cursor in a phone just don't work for me...
    My **flickr Album

S$48 a month??? I only pay S$25 a month in subscription and my bill hardly reaches S$40.

Maybe I should give the Nokia E71 another cold hard look.

Default Re: iPhone 3G Price Plans Officially Released

Quote Originally Posted by nicZnap View Post
    *chants omnia omnia omnia... *

iphone is *ahem* an iPod first, and they slapped on some limited phone functions on it.. and even dreamed that they might push Blackberry out of the market.. but it's user interface is still better looking.. for all its limitations, i still like my old iphone ...
    The action of slapping phone functions on is called "Windows Mobile"
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by jimbok View Post
    not commonly seen? er.. i see hoardes of ppl using iPhone in singapore for over a year already.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    not commonly seen? er.. i see hoardes of ppl using iPhone in singapore for over a year already.
    I meant the 3G version.
    My **flickr Album

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    S$48 a month??? I only pay S$25 a month in subscription and my bill hardly reaches S$40.

Maybe I should give the Nokia E71 another cold hard look.
    Yah.. Maybe price looks better for those people who normally has subscriptions more than $50/mth.
    I was on M1 before, subscription also same around $25, but every month I can get bills up to $80+ without even using much. Now switched to Starhub corporate plan around $60 with 600min free talk time and free IDD calls, which no need to worry about even exceeding that.

Btw, not trying to promote anything here, I'm just voicing out my experience.
    My **flickr Album

Blog Entries

now i wait for people to dump the original iphone cheap cheap

I wonder what's the 2nd hand market price for original iPhone hmmm..
    My **flickr Album

where's my aeroplane??? wanna go fly it now...

damn expensive... wanna give up my priority booking liao.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NiteWind View Post
    iphone is not about just the external casing design.... Apple dont play the same old game like Nokia/samsung/sony ericsson where they keep releasing new design but inside it the function all the same for almost every phone.

The revolutionary part of iphone it is multi touch, full browser function, ease of use and user friendly interface.

Also be it old 2G iphone or 3G iphone, every new firmware release Apple improve it with more features (it like getting a new phone on every firmware release). Where will you see these kind of support from Nokia/samsung/sony ericsson, unless you buy a new phone else you phone feature will forever be the same.

If you were to compare Window Mobile 6.1 to iphone osx, just the memory management is already so much better and the whole operating system is so much stable.
    OSX is definitely way better and much more powerful...but to the average users, I dun think they see it leh. Normal users just want megapixel, cam with AF, MMS, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    OSX is definitely way better and much more powerful...but to the average users, I dun think they see it leh. Normal users just want megapixel, cam with AF, MMS, etc.
    Agreed on this, iPhone user experience really changed the way I use a phone. The easy to understand user-interface, and the smooth transmission from one app to another, is just like using a mini mac handheld.
    My **flickr Album

Also be it old 2G iphone or 3G iphone, every new firmware release Apple improve it with more features (it like getting a new phone on every firmware release).
    Hmmmm... more features like causing more problems ?
    http://tech.yahoo.com/news/nf/61404

well you are wrong, the new contract for AT&T with Apple on the new 3G is not on profit sharing. It is about Apple will sell AT&T the full price of the phone and then AT&T will then have to take the bite and cut the cost of the iphone themselve and then gain the lose back from the 2 yrs contract.

So go the same as Singtel, but looking at the case here, Singtel is all out to suck everyone blood cause she know soon M1 & Starhub might join in the fight. So been the 1st to release iphone this is the time to suck everyone.

So long M1 & Starhub not into iphone, Singtel will continue to suck everyone blood as long as the demand is high.
    there's a couple of things you forgot to factor in... iphones in us are locked to their carriers. how much is their subscription plans? what is the charge for early termination of contracts?
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

ya, the revolutionary part (multi touch, full browser function, ease of use and user friendly interface) is all out in the iphone 2G..... which has been around for quite some time. That is what I meant. The iphone 2G was pretty revolutionary. not the iphone 3G.

I am not saying the iphone is a lousy phone. I am just saying the hype is no longer there as it has been released for sooooo loooonng.....
    Last edited by pisduck; 21st August 2008 at 07:43 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast