Default Re: Whats for lunch?

you can see mine in my APAD thread

btw the highlight on the spoon disturbs me

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    you can see mine in my APAD thread

btw the highlight on the spoon disturbs me
    Can see that -your lunch photos-

The highlights - I should have known... should have removed it lah...
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

im a fan of steamed & hainanese chicken rice.
    they're superb taste good.
    Nikon D300s|D80|11-16 f2.8|17-50 f2.8|70-200 f2.8|35 f1.8|SB800|

I disagree: the highlights are there, do you like it? It doesn't need to be removed just because its a 'highlight'. I'd rather you want to remove it because it doesn't complement your image.

Quote Originally Posted by supermengwei2 View Post
    I disagree: the highlights are there, do you like it? It doesn't need to be removed just because its a 'highlight'. I'd rather you want to remove it because it doesn't complement your image.

agree. position and placement of the spoon is odd and does not add to the photo.

I am a huge hainese chicken rice fan
    looks yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by supermengwei2 View Post
    I get your point.
    Its too tight from this angle; and I agree besides the highlight; which distracts; it shouldnt be there in the first place. But then it wouldnt be complete without the set of fork and spoon ma... I should have taken a wider angle.

Thanks!

light on the rice and chicken is good - conveys the oiliness in them, and u can almost smell the fragrance.

but crop is too tight, the elements are unbalanced and too squished, mainly lopsided on the left, and the tiny space below the rice on the right begs to be filled. also the light/shadow reflections on the soup is disconcerting as with the metallic spoon

it may yet be suitable though for some purposes, eg as a background image for you to place text as in a magazine cover. if "correctly" placed - it will balance the image, but this wont correct for the lighting "flaws"

Quote Originally Posted by espion View Post
    light on the rice and chicken is good - conveys the oiliness in them, and u can almost smell the fragrance.

but crop is too tight, the elements are unbalanced and too squished, mainly lopsided on the left, and the tiny space below the rice on the right begs to be filled. also the light/shadow reflections on the soup is disconcerting as with the metallic spoon

it may yet be suitable though for some purposes, eg as a background image for you to place text as in a magazine cover. if "correctly" placed - it will balance the image, but this wont correct for the lighting "flaws"
    Appreciate your kind comments... as you should know, its not a purposedly / planned product shoot, its a shot before a ngap! was even taken without looking at the live view of my N95.

PS: Is this the Photo Critic segmen?
    But I surely learnt a few tips to look out for next time I'll do a product shoot! Again, many thanks to you guys!

...anyone having chicken noodle today?

wa you like chicken ah. hahahaha!