Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: GST...

Default Re: GST...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Tell the store that your grandpa is unemployed but can affort to buy camera.for you

no need to tell..under wat was proposed earlier thread...scan a personal NRIC.
    from there linked to IRS..and there will relfect - no income..
    hence no GST applied...lor..

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    no need to tell..under wat was proposed earlier thread...scan a personal NRIC.
    from there linked to IRS..and there will relfect - no income..
    hence no GST applied...lor..
    But the bottom line is he has the $$$ to buy camera for you. So this must be his spare or extra $$$$?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    ... den some banks got drown in flash flood...
    Sob... sob.. then better to keep the cash in the drawer.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Because we have become cautious with these giveaways, give out 1 and take back more than was given... see what happens? there is another thread 21% crazy increase

How come you never visit the "Electricity bills up 21%" thread? you can take that to feedback.

../azul123
    Nothing is free. We don't produce fuel. We have to depend on others.

I feel the pain with 21% increase. So what to do? Tell them not increase? Tell them to subsidy you?

One positive move is use less aircon, drive less so that they make less!

I feel the pain with 21% increase. So what to do? Tell them not increase? Tell them to subsidy you?

Tell them to better manage, if not change management. We are not people of old everything accept one... protest will register at later date if these things happen more and more.

../azul123

is that a positive move at all?

At the rate of more bad news and price increases coming one after another, think protest will be more evident and performance will be likely less than 66.6% liow.

../azul123

is that a positive move at all?
    If I do not want to pay more then use less. Now if everybody use less, they earn less too.

Save the earth!

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    At the rate of more bad news and price increases coming one after another, think protest will be more evident and performance will be likely less than 66.6% liow.

../azul123
    U are right. Any solution? Get OPEC to cut down their price and increase production?

If I do not want to pay more then use less. Now if everybody use less, they earn less too.

Save the earth!
    there's a limit to how little 1 live on, i mean those daily needs, like flushing toilets, eating, etc...

i need to save myself to save earth... become fertilizer?

U are right. Any solution? Get OPEC to cut down their price and increase production?
    Do I get the high paying salary? better you ask those getting paid for this, what I am asking is better managed it well else their performance rating will fall.

../azul123

Red face Re: GST...

Generally I think the main issues is that, year in year out, these companies are posting RECORD profits.

The question is, are these companies out to get profits or are they providing a public service.

Both SMRT and Sing power posted increase in profits and yet they are increasing the price for their services.

I think if companies are making losses due to rising raw material cost, then generally most citizens will accept the increase and find it justifiable.

So in essence, citizens are paying for the services and lining the pockets of these shareholders. And if you look deeper SingPower is wholly owned by Temasek Holdings.

So you see all this whining is getting to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Generally I think the main issues is that, year in year out, these companies are posting RECORD profits.

The question is, are these companies out to get profits or are they providing a public service.

Both SMRT and Sing power posted increase in profits and yet they are increasing the price for their services.

I think if companies are making losses due to rising raw material cost, then generally most citizens will accept the increase and find it justifiable.

So in essence, citizens are paying for the services and lining the pockets of these shareholders. And if you look deeper SingPower is wholly owned by Temasek Holdings.

So you see all this whining is getting to?
    Actually you have given part of the answer:

Buy these companies shares loh! Then you get to share their profits, which goes back to pay for the fare/price increases :-)

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post

Buy these companies shares loh! Then you get to share their profits, which goes back to pay for the fare/price increases :-)

HS
    then we'll see a vicious cycle leading to a burst of the bubble?!

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post

HS
    For the general citizens that may be an option. But what about those not so well to do? They can hardly fend for themselves and now seemingly public services are juicing them as well.

Look at the type of $$$ given out by the ....

1. Utility
    2. Road tax
    3. Those earning below $1500 will enjoy all that is given and more including free text books, free school fees, transport allowance, pocket money etc etc
    3. Workmen...?
    4. GST..

All in and many of them are getting more that $5000.

Do you know what some of them do?

GO FOR A HOLIDAY GIVEN BY THE....!!!

Look at the type of $$$ given out by the ....

1. Utility
    2. Road tax
    3. Those earning below $1500 will enjoy all that is given and more including free text books, free school fees, transport allowance, pocket money etc etc
    3. Workmen...?
    4. GST..

All in and many of them are getting more that $5000.

Do you know what some of them do?

GO FOR A HOLIDAY GIVEN BY THE....!!!
    Herein lies the question, why make it so complicated? does anybody stand to gain by that complicated way of rebate yadah yadah?

And the record, the for poor, road tax rebates hardly counts since chances are they don't own a car.

And for all the financial assistance available, countless forms have to be filled in order to get it. Tell that to the poor ah pek and ah ma who hardly recd any education. It serve as a deterrence rather then assistance.

somebody must play the bad guy, then somebody else can play the good guy mah...

as for rebates, each time the same amount of money gets passed around the effort to do so is such a waste of manpower. to pass money around need resources oso leh...

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmore View Post
    Herein lies the question, why make it so complicated? does anybody stand to gain by that complicated way of rebate yadah yadah?

And the record, the for poor, road tax rebates hardly counts since chances are they don't own a car.

And for all the financial assistance available, countless forms have to be filled in order to get it. Tell that to the poor ah pek and ah ma who hardly recd any education. It serve as a deterrence rather then assistance.
    It is across the whole population.. everyone gets it.

Look at the 'Q' when the annoucement is made!

Money news always spread like w... fire!

By the way have you collected yor dues? What do you do with it?

somebody must play the bad guy, then somebody else can play the good guy mah...

as for rebates, each time the same amount of money gets passed around the effort to do so is such a waste of manpower. to pass money around need resources oso leh...
    no choice... we ae dealing with the whole population! Create some work loh!

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast