Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 261

Thread: GST...

  1. #61

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Paying is not the problem... paying increasing ERP rates and still got jam is.

    ../azul123
    Any solution?

    Built underground and overhead as we have no land.... but end up we pay tax to construct those roads.... if you can, don't drive but if you have to drive prepare to pay and pay and pay!

    Do we have other choices?

  2. #62
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Any solution?

    Built underground and overhead as we have no land.... but end up we pay tax to construct those roads.... if you can, don't drive but if you have to drive prepare to pay and pay and pay!

    Do we have other choices?
    Sure got solutions.. but OT liow.

    Back to topic on GST. When recession hits, hope to see the 7% be be rolled back.

    ../azul123

  3. #63

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Sure got solutions.. but OT liow.

    Back to topic on GST. When recession hits, hope to see the 7% be be rolled back.

    ../azul123
    Part of those in the GST goes into helping the less fortunate and lower income.

    Tax man will have less to collect as less people are willing to spend.

    The result of the next few COE biddings may give some indications.

  4. #64

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Sure got solutions.. but OT liow.

    Back to topic on GST. When recession hits, hope to see the 7% be be rolled back.

    ../azul123
    I would prefer to have more adjustment to our income tax... of course pay less

  5. #65
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Part of those in the GST goes into helping the less fortunate and lower income.

    Tax man will have less to collect as less people are willing to spend.

    The result of the next few COE biddings may give some indications.
    "Part" is subjective. Anyway, roll back to 5% and spend less on non essential projects, when times are hard rolling back also helps the less fortunate and lower income.

    ../azul123

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: GST...

    so by upping GST the taxman is trying to be Robin Hood?

    to give $$, must take from somewhere or somebody oso wad...

  7. #67

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    so by upping GST the taxman is trying to be Robin Hood?

    to give $$, must take from somewhere or somebody oso wad...
    Inflation mah! In Singapore, poor is defined by those earning less than $1500/month. A foreign maid only gets $300/month.

    We can control GST. But can we control the $$ of fuel, food stuff etc?

  8. #68

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    so by upping GST the taxman is trying to be Robin Hood?

    to give $$, must take from somewhere or somebody oso wad...
    So far only see Robbing Hood leh. Rob from everybody (especially the poor) and give billions after billions of our blood money to the wealthy foreign banks?

  9. #69

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by btfiend View Post
    So far only see Robbing Hood leh. Rob from everybody (especially the poor) and give billions after billions of our blood money to the wealthy foreign banks?
    Are we so stupid?

  10. #70

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by btfiend View Post
    So far only see Robbing Hood leh. Rob from everybody (especially the poor) and give billions after billions of our blood money to the wealthy foreign banks?


    My goodness. What kind of intellect would give rise to interpretation like yours?!

  11. #71

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Are we so stupid?
    If "we" were so clever, "we" wouldn't have made such 'wise' investments on dying foreign banks.

  12. #72

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by btfiend View Post
    If "we" were so clever, "we" wouldn't have made such 'wise' investments on dying foreign banks.

    phew, reading the word "investment" is such relieve from your earlier post using "give".

  13. #73

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by btfiend View Post
    If "we" were so clever, "we" wouldn't have made such 'wise' investments on dying foreign banks.
    No venture no gain. High risk high gain. If you have spare do it now if not just watch!

    I am not an expert in this but I know that at the end of the day, as long as my account is black, I am OK.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Inflation mah! In Singapore, poor is defined by those earning less than $1500/month. A foreign maid only gets $300/month.

    We can control GST. But can we control the $$ of fuel, food stuff etc?
    price of fuel, food & other daily necessities cannot be controlled directly but its consumption can (indirectly). like the nation-wide campaign to moderate electricity use, another example is promoting the consumption of frozen food.

    comsumption is the demand part of the equation to balance the suppply which in turn affects the price.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 20th September 2008 at 01:28 AM.

  15. #75

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    price of fuel, food & other daily necessities cannot be controlled directly but its consumption can (indirectly). like the nation-wide campaign to moderate electricity use, another example is promoting the consumption of frozen food.

    comsumption id the demand part of the equation to balance the suppply which in turn affects the price.
    How come I never think of it.

    Obesity is a concern. The slogan shall be:

    "Eat less, no need to exercise anymore(because you eat less) and also save more!"

    'Take public transport... and save fuel'...

  16. #76

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    "Part" is subjective. Anyway, roll back to 5% and spend less on non essential projects, when times are hard rolling back also helps the less fortunate and lower income.

    ../azul123
    Also 'roll back' salary...joking lah..

  17. #77
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Also 'roll back' salary...joking lah..
    Maybe should start from the very top? recession and still making surplus?

    Then I also joking lah.

    ../azul123

  18. #78

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Maybe should start from the very top? recession and still making surplus?

    Then I also joking lah.

    ../azul123
    That is why we engaged them to have surplus even during recession! Another joke lah!

  19. #79
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: GST...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    That is why we engaged them to have surplus even during recession! Another joke lah!
    Then no need pay high high, anybody can create surplus just tax more. Another joke to add.

    ../azul123

  20. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: GST...

    as long as cash is flowing, it doesn't matter where it comes from where it goes too. passing the buck must be a very fun game. i joking oni arh...

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •