Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast

Thread: GST...

Default Re: GST...

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    orrr I see..

I thought it was to get more tax money from the people.

../azul123
    Let us know which government dont collect tax.

I would like to migrate and live in that country. Would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

You dug up 6 pages back to refer? that reply was in response to your post below.

GST

Spend more = pay more.

spend less = pay less.

Buy BMW = pay more gst

Buy Kia = pay less gst

GST is about you spend more pay more.
    What I see from you in this gst thread is gov need to collect taxes, of course no one disagrees... some form of taxes are needed to gov to run services. What I am saying is gst disadvantages the poor.

I don't know how else to explain this if you still cannot understand.

../azul123

You dug up 6 pages back to refer? that reply was in response to your post below.

What I see from you in this gst thread is gov need to collect taxes, of course no one disagrees... some form of taxes are needed to gov to run services. What I am saying is gst disadvantages the poor.

I don't know how else to explain this if you still cannot understand.

../azul123
    So any better way of collecting tax fairly?

So any better way of collecting tax fairly?
    existing can be fine-tuned but it is not for me to crack my brains... this is for the talented to sort out.

../azul123

existing can be fine-tuned but it is not for me to crack my brains... this is for the talented to sort out.

../azul123
    "What I am saying is gst disadvantages the poor. "

Would you like to elaborate?

Do you ever read the postings? it's there somewhere in past posts. Or you are posting questions after questions only?

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 10th February 2009 at 07:28 AM.

Do you ever read the postings? it's there somewhere in past posts. Or you are posting questions after questions only?

../azul123
    Not too sure... just to clarify? The question is:

"What I am saying is gst disadvantages the poor. " How?

Poor has its advantage.. as they pay less GST!

GST affects everybody. e.g. foreigner. The moment you spend here, you ought to pay GST but of course tourist is exempted.

""What I am saying is gst disadvantages the poor. " How?
    You are not policy maker, so what good is it to explain "how?" to you. Go read what some MPs are saying in Parliament with regards to cutting GST, there are merits in their points to it affecting poor.

../azul123

You are not policy maker, so what good is it to explain "how?" to you. Go read what some MPs are saying in Parliament with regards to cutting GST, there are merits in their points to it affecting poor.

../azul123
    U are right. I am not a policy maker. So there is not need for you to explain 'How'.

My understanding is making noice is always free and easy. But when it come to understanding a concept and finding a solution, it is difficult.

Please correct me if I am wrong. I understand that you may have difficulty in explaining the affect on the poor and I respect your decision not to make further comment.

I understand that you may have difficulty in explaining the affect on the poor and I respect your decision not to make further comment.
    I don't have difficulty explaining, as there are many times this appears in the very thread itself...

I can write and write but still you look and do not see, is wasting time.

../azul123

I don't have difficulty explaining, as there are many times this appears in the very thread itself...

I can write and write but still you look and do not see, is wasting time.

../azul123
    Thank you for wasting your time.

Understand that you are looking at the interest of the the poor. So if GST is reduced, do you think the 'rich' will benefit more?

e.g for $1 pen, you pay 7cents GST and for $1000 pen, one needs to pay $70 GST.

Can the poor afford the $1000 pen?

So who benefit more if there is a reduction in GST?

Thank you for wasting your time.

Understand that you are looking at the interest of the the poor. So if GST is reduced, do you think the 'rich' will benefit more?

e.g for $1 pen, you pay 7cents GST and for $1000 pen, one needs to pay $70 GST.

Can the poor afford the $1000 pen?

So who benefit more if there is a reduction in GST?
    Please refer to past posts... basic neccesity not $1,000 pen. Cheap rice, bread, miilk lah... those things like what you said wine etc... don't even need to consider.

There should be somehing done to help disadvantaged to ride over ever increasing prices. The rich won't need those cheaper rice or bread or milk.. if they do, it is up to them lah.

How much simpler do you want me to explain? ok.. please re-read past postings... in case still cannot understand read some more.

../azul123

Please refer to past posts... basic neccesity not $1,000 pen. Cheap rice, bread, miilk lah... those things like what you said wine etc... don't even need to consider.

There should be somehing done to help disadvantaged to ride over ever increasing prices. The rich won't need those cheaper rice or bread or milk.. if they do, it is up to them lah.

How much simpler do you want me to explain? ok.. please re-read past postings... in case still cannot understand read some more.

../azul123
    Thank you for wasting your time again.

U buy $1 pen and cheaper rice because you are 'poor' so U pay less GST.

U buy $1000 pen and more expensive rice because you are 'rich' so U pay more GST.

So when GST is reduced, the poor will pay less and the rich will pay more?

Thank you for wasting your time again.

U buy $1 pen and cheaper rice because you are 'poor' so U pay less GST.

U buy $1000 pen and more expensive rice because you are 'rich' so U pay more GST.

So when GST is reduced, the poor will pay less and the rich will pay more?
    There was so many things discussed in thread, some of it reduce gst. GST has an impact to overall product, flour purchase got gst, the bread made got gst, the transport to bring bread to shop got gst.

Eventually the cost of basic staple increase, am suggesting putting a price cap or no tax for some basic staples.

../azul123

Hope that is simple enough to understand. Since neither of us make these decisions, we cannot do much more but make noise only, thankfully the noise is loud enough to be mentioned in parliament.

../azul123

Brunei, although company still taxed.
    Brunei Darussalam has no personal income tax. There are no export, sales, payroll and manufacturing taxes. The profits of pioneer industries are exempted from tax depending on the amount of capital investment. The company tax is 30% of profit. All companies contribute 10% of local employee salaries to the Employees Provident Fund.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

There was so many things discussed in thread, some of it reduce gst. GST has an impact to overall product, flour purchase got gst, the bread made got gst, the transport to bring bread to shop got gst.

Eventually the cost of basic staple increase, am suggesting putting a price cap or no tax for some basic staples.

../azul123
    Hope that is simple enough to understand. Since neither of us make these decisions, we cannot do much more but make noise only, thankfully the noise is loud enough to be mentioned in parliament.

../azul123
    "Do you think GST is the fairest way to collect tax?"

This was the question posted when the thread was started.

"Do you think GST is the fairest way to collect tax?"

This was the question posted when the thread was started.
    Many ways to collect taxes... as long as at the end of the fiscal year, there isn't huge surpluses that is fine. Now, before you get excited about the word surpluses, it is ok to make surplus but not from taxes lah.

Then there is a balanced budget. If surpluses comes from prudent investments that is fine.

../azul123

Many ways to collect taxes... as long as at the end of the fiscal year, there isn't huge surpluses that is fine. Now, before you get excited about the word surpluses, it is ok to make surplus but not from taxes lah.

Then there is a balanced budget. If surpluses comes from prudent investments that is fine.

../azul123
    Those total home income below $1800 are eligible for help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty...ure_of_poverty

U may wish to lookup to determine what is poor as compare to the standard set by UN.

Everybody have to pay tax. So GST the fairest?

Those total home income below $1800 are eligible for help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty...ure_of_poverty

U may wish to lookup to determine what is poor as compare to the standard set by UN.

Everybody have to pay tax. So GST the fairest?
    You think the help is enough? have you really seen the people staying in rental flats live? seen what they eat? yes.. they get help, but do you think it is enough, any study done to compute the rise of 2% point cause what impact to them and what is the amount of subsidy/help is needed to cover that rise? not just food how about medicine, transportation cost etc.. many of them sometiimes fall ill and don't consult doctor, self medicate with the hope that their body cures itself.

../azul123

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3811121314 LastLast