Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GST...

Default Re: GST...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Pse correct me if I am wrong.

Time=FOC if you sincerely want to 'help'.
    to a certain extent true, FOC = Free Of Charge, it oni means 1 does not charge.

Free Of Charge does not equals to free. free papers handed out at certain MRT station did not came free, producing & distribution were paid by other parties already.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Why not? tax on the Luxury items, like your wine what have you.

../azul123
    U have only enough for a simple meal. U pay some small GST. U have extras and you drink wine, you pay GST but you must also pay for your meal be it simple or elobrate... so the rich pay more and the poor pay less. Both contributed to the maintenance of the society.

Is this fair?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    to a certain extent true, FOC = Free Of Charge, it oni means 1 does not charge.

Free Of Charge does not equals to free. free papers handed out at certain MRT station did not came free, producing & distribution were paid by other parties already.
    They were employed to do the job so they were paid.

U have only enough for a simple meal. U pay some small GST. U have extras and you drink wine, you pay GST but you must also pay for your meal be it simple or elobrate... so the rich pay more and the poor pay less. Both contributed to the maintenance of the society.

Is this fair?
    huh?

Why not? tax on the Luxury items, like your wine what have you.

../azul123
    So only pay GST for wine? How about 'Wu Jia Pi'?

So only pay GST for wine? How about 'Wu Jia Pi'?
    again, huh?

../azul123

again, huh?

../azul123
    Noted.

Found a link regards GST, looks like alot of people wants GST reduced, even TKL has now suggested it.

helping-singaporeans-cope-with-the-recession

It will be a matter of time only... the economy is doing a tailspin something must be done to encourage spending, I think better eat their words and make it less painful for poor and especially the elderly lah. GST is impact across the board, poor also hit and they are hit hard.

../azul123

Found a link regards GST, looks like alot of people wants GST reduced, even TKL has now suggested it.

helping-singaporeans-cope-with-the-recession

It will be a matter of time only... the economy is doing a tailspin something must be done to encourage spending, I think better eat their words and make it less painful for poor and especially the elderly lah. GST is impact across the board, poor also hit and they are hit hard.

../azul123
    Budget Day on 22 Jan... let see anything comes out of it?

I am against GST cut but prefer income tax ... rich gets richer if ther cut in GST

Budget Day on 22 Jan... let see anything comes out of it?

I am against GST cut but prefer income tax ... rich gets richer if ther cut in GST
    either way the rich will always remain so as they have bargainning power. small fry?.. will just be fried & fried till cannot be identified.
    have u seen the "light" yet?

either way the rich will always remain so as they have bargainning power. small fry?.. will just be fried & fried till cannot be identified.
    Also agree. Everybody must pays tax rich or poor. The question is how much each individual should pay...

yes the choice is ultimately mine. but everytime i see responses to recommendation for gears here, there will always be those who reply with top of the range recommendations. save in the long run true lah, but initial sprint for premium goods already !
    The power of advertisement!

I still prefer GST than income tax.

GST is tax on spending, and you will feel the pinch if you splurge.

Income tax on the other hand is taxing on your effort to make more. The rich pays a higher income bracket than majority of us.

Since I don't splurge that often (except when buying new body ) I don't pay much GST.

Quote Originally Posted by chisiang View Post
    I still prefer GST than income tax.

GST is tax on spending, and you will feel the pinch if you splurge.

Income tax on the other hand is taxing on your effort to make more. The rich pays a higher income bracket than majority of us.

Since I don't splurge that often (except when buying new body ) I don't pay much GST.
    U are right. A simple pen can cost from $1 to $1000. It still perform its function. But do you buy the $1000 pen? if you dont there are still buyer for the $1000 pen.

There were many calls on cut in GST.

Do you think GST cut will be included in the budget package?

U are right. A simple pen can cost from $1 to $1000. It still perform its function. But do you buy the $1000 pen? if you dont there are still buyer for the $1000 pen.
    some will say that $1000 pen is mightier dan a sword.
    have u seen the "light" yet?

There were many calls on cut in GST.

Do you think GST cut will be included in the budget package?
    nope. Don't think it would be a good idea to do so. cutting of GST would not encourage more spending as most ppl would not be having that extra money to spend in the frost place to be thinking about the GST they will have to pay. In order for ppl to start spending again, I think more jobs need to be created, more funds should made readily for SMEs which are having problems now despite having been around for years. Cut the costs of running a business in Singapore. Give more tailored help to REAL SMEs and not MNEs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nisa View Post
    Cut the costs of running a business in Singapore.
    Easier said than doing.

How can shop/office rental cost come down?
    How can labor cost be cheap?

All these are related to the whole economy.

It's for sure, in 1st Class World State like S'pore, there is no way to cut cost of running a business, other than unemploying locals and welcoming cheap labor from 3rd world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Albertmm View Post
    Easier said than doing.

How can shop/office rental cost come down?
    How can labor cost be cheap?

All these are related to the whole economy.

It's for sure, in 1st Class World State like S'pore, there is no way to cut cost of running a business, other than unemploying locals and welcoming cheap labor from 3rd world countries.
    Let free market determines the charges.

I remembered a stall at a carpark near the cable car station was only renting at a charge of about $200/mth. But when it was opened for bidding, the $$$ went to about $2000/mth.

Most of the ppl would say that they loose money. But they make money, they dont tell the whole world.

Well when they spent, they pay GST. If the spend more they pay more!

Tell them to better manage, if not change management. We are not people of old everything accept one... protest will register at later date if these things happen more and more.

../azul123
    So you think that the other leadership will listen to your call?

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast