Thread: Tripod Screw Caps

Default Tripod Screw Caps

I just got myself a Manfrotto 190Xprob. All was well until after a few days, when all 6 of the screw caps (the little black caps that protect the screws at the joints) dropped off. They can't be put back securely and will fall off if I try.

I'm wondering if this is normal, and is it ok if I just leave the screws exposed? Will they rust? Or should I glue the caps back on?

Thanks!
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

Default Re: Tripod Screw Caps

I had exactly the same issue with my 190CXPRO3; the damn things kept coming off!

I gave up. Took them all out, stuffed them inside a plastic bag and dropped them back into the tripod box.

Thumbs up Re: Tripod Screw Caps

Quote Originally Posted by Wzierbovsky View Post
    I had exactly the same issue with my 190CXPRO3; the damn things kept coming off!

I gave up. Took them all out, stuffed them inside a plastic bag and dropped them back into the tripod box.
    Exactly what I did when I bought my 190CXPRO4

i squeeze the caps till it is slightly out of shape. It will fit better. not too sure on long term though.

wat caps? lol... i think mine dun even have them... or probably all dropped before i even use it.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

if afraid screws will rust apply varnish. those art & craft shops got sell. almost zero tint, unlike those sold at DIY shops.

I got the same tripod as Wzierbovsky (190CXPRO3).
    Once I reached home and remove the box and plastic the black cap just drop out..
    I tried to fix is back but still drop out again.. so i give up and put it in a plastic bag.

After that I email the agent and the Manfotto directly but till now there is no reply....!!!!
    That really piss me off...!!!!