Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Buying Camera...need ALL our help...pls

Default Re: Buying Camera...need ALL our help...pls

Quote Originally Posted by ~Guardian_Zio~ View Post
    Y nobody mention casio ?
    izzit canot compare wit Panasonic, Canon and figifilm ?
    when u use casio take photo and use fuji, canon or pana... compare the colour accuracy jiu ok liao... most of it from casio is too yellowish...
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Quote Originally Posted by JinmingGM View Post
    when u use casio take photo and use fuji, canon or pana... compare the colour accuracy jiu ok liao... most of it from casio is too yellowish...
    so for compact cameras i just focus on three brands...

1) Canon
    2) Panasonic
    3) Fujifilm

rite ?

brands like nikon (i tink onli its DSLR is worth seeing), Olympus, Casio dun bother ?

From the way you're asking question I assume (?) you're pretty new to photography but want a good camera that allows you to take 'nice' photos.

My suggestion: Get an Ixus. Period. My very first cam was an Ixus800 from 2 years ago. And I would've continued using it if a friend had not broken it for me. Canons in general (very general) produce decent photos and are well rounded in its functions. But I find that canon compacts tend to be a lil on the heavy side for a compact.

Nonetheless, just get a P&S of <10mp because you don't want all the mps squashed into the tiny sensor. A P&S will be for casual shots where you don't have the hassle of lugging equipment around. Start with auto mode and slowly learn to tweak your way around manual, which IMO for ixus, is not very manual.

Should you decide that photography is really fun and you really want to play more, get a dslr!
    Last edited by madzsyl; 29th August 2008 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madzsyl View Post
    From the way you're asking question I assume (?) you're pretty new to photography but want a good camera that allows you to take 'nice' photos.

My suggestion: Get an Ixus. Period. My very first cam was an Ixus800 from 2 years ago. And I would've continued using it if a friend had not broken it for me. Canons in general (very general) produce decent photos and are well rounded in its functions. But I find that canon compacts tend to be a lil on the heavy side for a compact.

Nonetheless, just get a P&S of <10mp because you don't want all the mps squashed into the tiny sensor. A P&S will be for casual shots where you don't have the hassle of lugging equipment around. Start with auto mode and slowly learn to tweak your way around manual, which IMO for ixus, is not very manual.

Should you decide that photography is really fun and you really want to play more, get a dslr!

Yes I am new to photography, u hit the nail, I wan to make sure i get a $ wise yet can take decent pictures...

i ask in my previous post be4, how come I take a picture with Auto mode is so clear and when i change to its lets say Anti-blur, protrait, secenry, bla bla bla, anything other setting other den auto, I get blur image ? Izzit I duno how to set manually ? tats y

i would recommend an canon ixus too.. i own a ixus 800 as well haha... you can always look at other brands... but olympus and sony uses their own cards which is xd and memory stick... these 2 cards are more expensive than a common sd card... go down to comex... try the camera... some of us are rather particular over colour accuracy this and that... but if you just a soso user... den u see the camera u happy... u like the overall design... after taking the photo you think it is nice even though the colour is not as accurate... den can buy liao loh... buy something u like, not something we want you to buy... you will be the user of the camera afterall =)
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Auto mode does everything for you. Exposure, flash, aperture etcetc. When u change to other mode chances r your flash is turned off

The implication (Sounds chim hor I oso dunno) of this is that you will have a slower shutter speed because the shutter must remain open for a longer time to capture the same amount of light.

If you want sharp the almost-foolproof way is to use flash. But sometimes, flash may not produce nice photos

Otherwise, take photos in bright light,
    Or just make sure your hand doesnt shake
    Or use a tripod
    Or up your iso...

Many ways.... but.... erm...... Slowly learn how to work your way around

Y nobody mention casio ?
    I had a Casio compact about four years back. The worst image quality I ever had...

By the way, it's Fujifilm.

with flash on, the pictures are ok, but once i manual turn on anything or switch anything other den AUTO (wit flash on ) it will turn blur... even with the anti blur function.
    whats wrong ah ? how come ? any cameras with a functions can cfm eliminate this prob ?
    Human error. As long as you don't understand what's going on no camera will help you (except in Full Auto Mode, but not always). Learn to understand about shutter speed, ISO speed, correct exposure and the optical stabilizing functions (if there). Once you got this idea you will be able to use the Creative Modes (Canon) and be really creative. No technical function will replace the human brain, but it can support a lot.
    For your PnS I recommend you check accessories (adapters, lenses etc.), details like memory card (can you use existing cards?) and batteries (AA's are available nearly everywhere, everything else needs power and the right socket). I used to have a Canon Powershot for a long time, served me very well. Go for less features, learn to take pictures. Face recognition is a marketing gag and 21 scenery modes can be replaced by some decent knowledge. 6 megapixels are enough.

Y nobody mention casio ?
    Fuji, not Figi.

And yes, Casio cams are horrible.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Fuji, not Figi.

And yes, Casio cams are horrible.
    Agreed

i would recommend an canon ixus too.. i own a ixus 800 as well haha... )
    LOL I still think the Ixus 800 was one of the brilliantest cameras around...

casio calculators are good though..
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

LoL OT

haha... go check out canon de bah... 860 got the wide angle... ixus 80 simple and pretty...
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

haha... go check out canon de bah... 860 got the wide angle... ixus 80 simple and pretty...
    Ixus 80 and Ixus 85...

one is 8MP another is 10MP...

other den that when i compare

the Ixus 85 has an additional of this Focal Length (35mm Equivalent) 3x zoom: 35(W)-105(T) mm ..

what it means ?

after comparing for Canon I will choose

Canon Ixus 860 IS

now I am browsing thru other brands...

tell me more abt panasonic cameras pls...

So are Canon photocopiers. :P
    Alpha

after comparing for Canon I will choose

Canon Ixus 860 IS

now I am browsing thru other brands...

tell me more abt panasonic cameras pls...
    Panasonic: Good wide-angle, sharp Leica lens. But already showing ISO noise even at ISO 100, basically useless in anything except daylight.

My own advice: Get a Sony W300.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Panasonic: Good wide-angle, sharp Leica lens. But already showing ISO noise even at ISO 100, basically useless in anything except daylight.

My own advice: Get a Sony W300.
    hmmm I dun tink I'll consider Sony

upz upz upz upz upz

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast