Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buying Camera...need ALL our help...pls

Default Re: Buying Camera...need ALL our help...pls

Quote Originally Posted by edentity View Post
    for $500 budget is hard to get a dslr..

the cheapest d40 kit is ard $700 if available..

for compacts can consider

canon 860is, fuji f100fd & panasonic lumix fx35? all shld be within range.
    i tink i will drop the idea of a DSLR liao

compact cam i will have to choose, but so many to choose leh... headache,

eg canon, difference in their range like powershot and ixus is what dirrenence ah ?

Quote Originally Posted by ~Guardian_Zio~ View Post
    i tink i will drop the idea of a DSLR liao

compact cam i will have to choose, but so many to choose leh... headache,

eg canon, difference in their range like powershot and ixus is what dirrenence ah ?
    powershot have manual control features but are usually bulkier.

ixus series more compact and sleek, but the price comes at a premium..
    Visibly SharpeR

you can get a 2nd hand 300d at less than 500 or the 350d at slightly more than 500.
    even a d40 2nd hand body along cost 550.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 28th August 2008 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edentity View Post
    powershot have manual control features but are usually bulkier.

ixus series more compact and sleek, but the price comes at a premium..
    ic....

Will you print the photos? - consider Prosumer
    Or just take snap snap for fun only? - handphone cameras + for about the same price can make calls sms mms wifi GPS some more...

I take snap snap for fun only, but still end up with handphone cam and DSLR hehe
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

got one problem wit my previous cam,

with flash on, the pictures are ok, but once i manual turn on anything or switch anything other den AUTO (wit flash on ) it will turn blur... even with the anti blur function.

whats wrong ah ? how come ? any cameras with a functions can cfm eliminate this prob ?

can also how to see a shutter speed ? ps i too noob..

eg

15 - 1/3200 sec

15 - 1/2000 sec.

which one faster ?

canon

Digital IXUS 85 IS
    Digital IXUS 80 IS

one is 8MP one is 10MP, other den that got aany significant diff ?

Digital IXUS 960 IS

Canon Powershot A650 IS
    Canon PowerShot S5 IS

These five cameras from Canon which one better ?

how about 970IS... 5x zoom... and when it goes into digital zoom... it will automatically sharpen the image to make it look better retaining details after you took a shot... if you don't need all the zooming and stuffs...

Difference between ixus 80 and ixus 85 from what i know...

ISO 1600 vs ISO 3200 max (of cos high iso for compact cameras is not that usable... but it is always up to you whether you wanna have a sharp photo but grainy or blur photo with lesser grain... your choice =)...)

Ixus 85 got the automatic sharpening of image at digital zoom... but it is not as impressive as compared to 970...

the rest is up to you to find out liao... =DDD

you can also check out the panasonic DMC LX-3... 24mm wide till 60mm which is equivalent to 2.5x zoom.. this is one of the hottest camera in town now.. just try those cameras before u decide to purchase it yap... =DDD
    Last edited by JinmingGM; 28th August 2008 at 01:42 AM.
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

can also how to see a shutter speed ? ps i too noob..

eg

15 - 1/3200 sec

15 - 1/2000 sec.

which one faster ?
    15 = slowest for the camera... 1/3200 = fastest for the camera...
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Smile Re: Buying Camera...need ALL our help...pls

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    A few good compacts to consider:

Canon Ixus 860 IS
    Canon Ixus 80 IS
    Fujifilm F1000fd
    I will support IXUS 860 anytime... less than $500
    Canon EOS 20D|EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS|EF 17-40mm f/4L|EF 85mmII f1.2L|EF 50mm f/1.8 II|580EX

There's the new Fuji J150W, saw it in Today's Comex special @$299. Specs looks good on paper (25/26mm? 5x zoom) so you might want to head over to any Fuji booth to check that out.

canon

Digital IXUS 85 IS
    Digital IXUS 80 IS

one is 8MP one is 10MP, other den that got aany significant diff ?

Digital IXUS 960 IS

Canon Powershot A650 IS
    Canon PowerShot S5 IS

These five cameras from Canon which one better ?
    Basically what do you need in your digicam? Anyway, differences as follows:

1) IXUS series does not offer any manual controls. In manual mode you can only select the ISO, other settings like aperture and speed are automatically selected by the camera.

2) Powershot A series are not made in Japan. They used to be made in Malaysia. However, they provide full manual, Av (Aperture Priority) and Tv (Speed Priority) modes.

3) S5 IS is made in Japan and is for people who require long zooms. It has a 12X zoom equivalent to 35mm to 420mm. You do have to note though that the wide angle of 35mm may not be wide enough if you want to take landscape or a large group of people and you have space constraints meaning you cannot step backwards much. Full manual modes are available for the S5 IS.

4) Regarding megapixels, you need to ask yourself what size of photos are you printing? Generally speaking for commercial presses, high quality printing needs 300dpi. For a 8 MP camera, the highest resolution is 3264x2448. At 300dpi, the max size is 10.88 inch x 8.16 inch. This means you can send your pic to a commercial press and they can print a high quality A4 photo for you.

5) High ISOs for the above digicams is not really useful. I have used the Powershot A series, IXUS series and S3 IS and I find personally that there is very high noise apparent at ISO 400 and above.

6) In conclusion, if you need only a Point & Shoot without manual controls and you have money to spare, go for the IXUS range. If you need manual controls and are on a tight budget, go for the Powershot A series. If you require a long zoom, go for the S5 IS.

Quote Originally Posted by teebs View Post
    In conclusion, if you need only a Point & Shoot without manual controls and you have money to spare, go for the IXUS range. If you need manual controls and are on a tight budget, go for the Powershot A series. If you require a long zoom, go for the S5 IS.
    thx for explanation, thx alot

Quote Originally Posted by JinmingGM View Post
    how about 970IS... 5x zoom... and when it goes into digital zoom... it will automatically sharpen the image to make it look better retaining details after you took a shot... if you don't need all the zooming and stuffs...

Difference between ixus 80 and ixus 85 from what i know...

ISO 1600 vs ISO 3200 max (of cos high iso for compact cameras is not that usable... but it is always up to you whether you wanna have a sharp photo but grainy or blur photo with lesser grain... your choice =)...)

Ixus 85 got the automatic sharpening of image at digital zoom... but it is not as impressive as compared to 970...

the rest is up to you to find out liao... =DDD

you can also check out the panasonic DMC LX-3... 24mm wide till 60mm which is equivalent to 2.5x zoom.. this is one of the hottest camera in town now.. just try those cameras before u decide to purchase it yap... =DDD
    ya this panasonic DMC LX-3 beri hot leh, kept hearing ppl talk abt it, how come ah, it can do wonders ? lol

oh ya I forget to mention, i wan a camera that uses AA battery, not their own rechargable batt, if suddenly run out of batt jialat...
    Canon is use their own de rite ? what other brand is use AA de...

oh ya I forget to mention, i wan a camera that uses AA battery, not their own rechargable batt, if suddenly run out of batt jialat...
    Canon is use their own de rite ? what other brand is use AA de...
    most of the big cameras uses double AA... for canon all the powershot series uses AA... and most of the cheap cheap like $199 cameras also use AA...

when it comes to rechargeable battery... you can always get an additional third party battery... it is very cheap nia haha... most of the cameras uses their own rechargeable battery liao... normally 1 battery can last you about 300 shots without flash... and of cos bigger lcd screen also drains more battery off... ixus would be within your range if you only need simple, pretty, and user friendly... =)
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Figifilm

F50
    F60
    and the famous F100

which one is better ?

Figifilm

F50
    F60
    and the famous F100

which one is better ?
    F100 got longer zoom than F60 and F100 comes with wide angle... i dunno much about fujifilm... but from what i know... they are known for their low noise???? dunno about the current models... but the legend F31 is like still the better lot which is not in production anymore... anyway, IS in sensor won't work better than in lens... do correct me if i am wrong =)
    Canon 30D + 24-70 F2.8

Y nobody mention casio ?
    izzit canot compare wit Panasonic, Canon and figifilm ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast