Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Golden Love And Care

  1. #1
    Member iamryansaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    452

    Default Golden Love And Care



    I walked pass this elderly couple and 5 mins later i realised that i dont really see this often. Managed to find them after awhile and i took this shot. Who says love isn't forever.

    How do your guys think of the picture? Composition and Tone alright?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Golden Love And Care

    Quote Originally Posted by iamryansaw View Post


    I walked pass this elderly couple and 5 mins later i realised that i dont really see this often. Managed to find them after awhile and i took this shot. Who says love isn't forever.

    How do your guys think of the picture? Composition and Tone alright?
    was there a reason why you cropped it to the dimension it is? since there is enough space in the picture perhaps you could have just cropped it in a shape of a square.
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

  3. #3
    Member iamryansaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    452

    Default Re: Golden Love And Care

    Quote Originally Posted by pplneedthelord View Post
    was there a reason why you cropped it to the dimension it is? since there is enough space in the picture perhaps you could have just cropped it in a shape of a square.
    Cause notice on the right side of the pic there's people and they are middle aged or young (baby) so it helps me emphasize the age of this couple. Also i felt that the empty space on the right could at least help me show that they were walking (moving) together.

    thanks for the feedback!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Golden Love And Care

    A good capture, though slightly soft. Pity you didn't capture the facial expressions.

    I just feel the other people on the right of frame are a distraction as they are not sufficiently out of focus. I can still clearly make out the facial features of the backpack-toting young man for instance.

    But, on the whole, good work.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Golden Love And Care

    Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    A good capture, though slightly soft. Pity you didn't capture the facial expressions.

    But, on the whole, good work.
    Quiet rare to get this coming from you.
    Personally, for me, has it been shot in a cloudy day, or PP?
    Darkened tones dont go well with the theme, iMHO.
    Already abused my D40 and D80 for my flickr

  6. #6
    Member iamryansaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    London, United Kingdom
    Posts
    452

    Default Re: Golden Love And Care

    Quote Originally Posted by cheguthamrin View Post
    .
    Personally, for me, has it been shot in a cloudy day, or PP?
    It was extremely cloudy. Taken this morning in Chinatown, just nice Before and After heavy rain. After i left the place rain again.

    But anyway, i didnt try to brighten up just a little in pp cause trying to show old age by leaving it at a darkened tone.

    Thanks calebk and cheguthamrin

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Golden Love And Care

    Quote Originally Posted by cheguthamrin View Post
    Quiet rare to get this coming from you.
    Personally, for me, has it been shot in a cloudy day, or PP?
    Darkened tones dont go well with the theme, iMHO.
    Give praise when it is due.
    Don't sugarcoat when it is not.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •