Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi to all... some advise needed

Default Re: Hi to all... some advise needed

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Can you elaborate how photography can teach a person good character? Looking at people chasing celebs, people snapping pics of accidents instead of helping I rather have my doubts. It's a hobby at first, the rest is up to you.
    Whatever you heard about Canon you need to verify. Just because some of you friends all have a 40D doesn't mean anything. You should step back from the brands discussion, there are more options nowadays which might not be known to your Canon friends.
    "Nice pictures" are not defined by any camera but rather by the skills of the person behind the lens. Sure, technical features do add to the picture but skilled people are even able to overcome technical limitations.
    I suggest you read more of those threads about "What camera to choose" (there are plenty of them) and consider also other brands. Keep in mind that SLR is more than a single camera, it's a system of components.
    Last but not least: learn to utilize search engines of forums and internet. There are plenty of web pages about photography, some are more technically oriented (equipment tests) and other address more the skills and techniques. Generic questions will give blur answers, specific questions are more likely to result in helpful answers.
    those r ppl been mislead by greed... i wanna teach my kids on appreciating nature... and all this is better to start young

i just went down to courts today to check out the 40D... the feel is shiok compare to 450D... i have look at Nikon, they r good too... but i think i like canon more. initially i wanted to start off with 450D, but my neighbour who is a photojournalist advise me to get 40D(if budget allow), cos he say the 450D feel quite plastic, i guess he is right

Quote Originally Posted by fongi View Post
    those r ppl been mislead by greed... i wanna teach my kids on appreciating nature... and all this is better to start young
    I have also noticed that some photographers are very inconsiderate of others, blocking other's view, not moving out of the way, feeling as if getting the image is the most important thing and others are inconsequential. Of course, I don't think their being photographers have anything to do with it - they're probably inconsiderate *******s whatever they do - but sometimes looking through the viewfinder, you lose track of what else is around you.

There are also nature photographers who would hurt, damage or destroy nature in order to get the shot. Freezing / killing insects to pose them comes to mind. Other acts such as trampling plants to get a better angle to shoot something, going into places where access is restricted, are some examples.

There's nothing about photography that makes you a better person. But it doesn't make you worse too. And it certainly could teach someone to beter appreciate nature - by getting you out more, for one thing

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I have also noticed that some photographers are very inconsiderate of others, blocking other's view, not moving out of the way, feeling as if getting the image is the most important thing and others are inconsequential. Of course, I don't think their being photographers have anything to do with it - they're probably inconsiderate *******s whatever they do - but sometimes looking through the viewfinder, you lose track of what else is around you.

There are also nature photographers who would hurt, damage or destroy nature in order to get the shot. Freezing / killing insects to pose them comes to mind. Other acts such as trampling plants to get a better angle to shoot something, going into places where access is restricted, are some examples.

There's nothing about photography that makes you a better person. But it doesn't make you worse too. And it certainly could teach someone to beter appreciate nature - by getting you out more, for one thing
    yea... agreed

which is why i offen ask what is the budget? be it buying camera, car, tour, etc ... lots of things would voice down to $$$

If limit is 1k, then 1000d
    If limit is 1.3k, then 450d
    If limit is 1.6k, then 40d

Quote Originally Posted by fongi View Post

i just went down to courts today to check out the 40D... the feel is shiok compare to 450D... i have look at Nikon, they r good too... but i think i like canon more. initially i wanted to start off with 450D, but my neighbour who is a photojournalist advise me to get 40D(if budget allow), cos he say the 450D feel quite plastic, i guess he is right

Quote Originally Posted by acitinium View Post
    which is why i offen ask what is the budget? be it buying camera, car, tour, etc ... lots of things would voice down to $$$

If limit is 1k, then 1000d
    If limit is 1.3k, then 450d
    If limit is 1.6k, then 40d
    But just because you have a budget of $X does not mean you have to spend it all. TS could also choose to spend less on camera body and more on the lens.

But just because you have a budget of $X does not mean you have to spend it all. TS could also choose to spend less on camera body and more on the lens.
    yeap ... just subtract $100 from the abv without kit lens for just the body. offen buying 'costumised' lens is more costly.

initially my intend is buy 450d body with 17-55mm lens, but exceed my buget of 1.5k too much. so make do with 450d kit and balance for filter, screen protector, dry cabi. as most ppl agreed getting a better lens is more impt then getting a better body.

now thinking to get batt grip or ext flash end of year when get bonus.
    when savings enough to get 50mm F1.4, and next 17-55mm

now thinking to get batt grip or ext flash end of year when get bonus.
    when savings enough to get 50mm F1.4, and next 17-55mm
    bro, you got the BBB virus real bad!

Who doesn't? haha

at least i did not buy all of them 1 shot

if i did not control, would have dive into 40d with 17-55mm already
    Last edited by acitinium; 21st August 2008 at 11:52 AM.

at least i did not buy all of them 1 shot

if i did not control, would have dive into 40d with 17-55mm already
    lens now reduce prices le, 17-55 is more affordable than before. why not get 17-55 1st b4 the 50 f1.4? you into portraits?

wa...
    your thread made me feel that i got the wrong camera as a starter

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    lens now reduce prices le, 17-55 is more affordable than before. why not get 17-55 1st b4 the 50 f1.4? you into portraits?
    its because 17-55 is 2 times 50f1.4, and have 18-55 IS kit lens to make do with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12