Thread: Need advise.

Default Need advise.

Hi all, i'm a newbie planing to buy a SLR. Narrowed down to 2, Canon 450D & Sony Alpha 300. Been contemplating which to get. Will be really helpful if i can get some comments & advise regarding these 2 models to help me decide. Thank you all.

Default Re: Need advise.

This is an age old question from all newbie. It is all about personal preference, so kind of difficult to advise, one old timer will usually sell the brand they are using.
    I suggest think long term in such investment.
    Go to www.dpreview.com and do a comparison between the 2 or even another brand if you like. You might want to look at Nikon as well, as they are pretty impressive recently and the camera bodies are priced reasonable and packed with functions.
    Sorry if I confuse you further.
    Canon5D 50mm/100mm (macro)/24-105mm/100-400mm
    My flickr

Thanks bro! Checked out the web site. Really helpful. Is it true that sony accessories eg. lenses, flash.........are more expensive then other brands?

Quote Originally Posted by inky77 View Post
    Thanks bro! Checked out the web site. Really helpful. Is it true that sony accessories eg. lenses, flash.........are more expensive then other brands?
    In Singapore? Yes, which is why we order from HK.

But be careful... Once you try a Sony Carl Zeiss AF lens, it's hard to accept "other" lenses again..

Oh, and the Sony has spot metering, the Canon doesn't; and the Live View on the sony is different from the Canon as well. You can actually focus and track moving objects with the Sony implementation.
    Alpha

Ha...ha, I just made a new friend 2 days back when he SMS me and told me that he had bought an Alpha 300. He was contemplating between the Canon 450D and the Alpha 300 as well.

Maybe, you can go to the shops to try out the 2 cams to see which you prefer.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

TS..... go to the the Shops and try both in your hand.... would one fits better to you.

Since both camera is just as good in photo capability..... it can be said that one choice is as good as the other. But remember, once you pick a brand..... you are very much stuck to it. And it get worst each time you get a new lens

Scuba & Father... For Life

Yippy! Just picked up the Sony Alpha 350 at Comex yesterday. Thanks for all the adivse bros.

Quote Originally Posted by inky77 View Post
    Yippy! Just picked up the Sony Alpha 350 at Comex yesterday. Thanks for all the adivse bros.
    Welcome to the Alpha community. Do join us in our outings too. Hope to see you soon.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    In Singapore? Yes, which is why we order from HK.

But be careful... Once you try a Sony Carl Zeiss AF lens, it's hard to accept "other" lenses again..

Oh, and the Sony has spot metering, the Canon doesn't; and the Live View on the sony is different from the Canon as well. You can actually focus and track moving objects with the Sony implementation.

Hihi, even though TS has bought his camera, i find it a need to clarify that the 450D does have spot metering.... refer here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos450d/page2.asp
    Canon: 5DMKIII & 40D|17-40L|70-200f4ISL|100Macro|Sigma30|580EXII| Olympus: EP3|25mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Snapperholic View Post
    Hihi, even though TS has bought his camera, i find it a need to clarify that the 450D does have spot metering.... refer here: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos450d/page2.asp
    Oh? About time! Took them long enough. :P
    Alpha