Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Camera Phone

Default Re: Camera Phone

Quote Originally Posted by PreciousP View Post
    Getting OT here. No debating about how good SE is.
    And yet you yourself say:

"I was told they work great as cameras but not so great as phones..."

So you started the debate.

That's 2 votes for N82. Not sure if it is based on paper spec.
    2 votes for N82 (one single Nokia phone) versus many votes for any SE Cybershot phone. Essentially, what people are saying is get an SE. But if you really have no choice and must get something else, you could consider the N82. So of all the other phones, people can only suggest one other model. :P

And yes, the SE phones are very very good phones. Stable, fast, and a UI Nokia's been trying to copy. I like the fact that I can select the focus point on my phone's camera using the touchscreen. Tap to focus, and it has face detection too.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 19th August 2008 at 10:41 AM.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    And yet you yourself say:

"I was told they work great as cameras but not so great as phones..."

So you started the debate.

2 votes for N82 (one single Nokia phone) versus many votes for any SE Cybershot phone. Essentially, what people are saying is get an SE. But if you really have no choice and must get something else, you could consider the N82. So of all the other phones, people can only suggest one other model. :P

And yes, the SE phones are very very good phones. Stable, fast, and a UI Nokia's been trying to copy. I like the fact that I can select the focus point on my phone's camera using the touchscreen. Tap to focus, and it has face detection too.
    Well, the thing here about the debate should be how good the camera is, and the phone is, rather than "go down Orchard Road... see how many using...". The latter is like "how dare you say my phone no good, you %$#@".

Stay on track on convincing me how good the phone is, just like the way you've described, and I appreciate that.

There are also other posting I've made that says I am considering SE, so this is no a SE bashing exercise. Thanks for your opinion.

SE users - any chance of posting a shot under good sun shine, one in the shade, one indoor, one night? That should take care of it.

Oh, one thing to note about the N82 is that the buttons are super small, like a grain of uncooked rice. Not sure if this is relevant to you, but I had alot of difficulty typing on my friend's phone.
    Meow!

Well, the thing here about the debate should be how good the camera is, and the phone is, rather than "go down Orchard Road... see how many using...". The latter is like "how dare you say my phone no good, you %$#@".

Stay on track on convincing me how good the phone is, just like the way you've described, and I appreciate that.

There are also other posting I've made that says I am considering SE, so this is no a SE bashing exercise. Thanks for your opinion.

SE users - any chance of posting a shot under good sun shine, one in the shade, one indoor, one night? That should take care of it.
    Young lady, please let me clarify that the reason I put that statement is not as what you have perceived "how dare you say my phone no good, you %$#@". It's to tell you to observe and think about it that if the phone is so lousy as what you have heard from your friend then why are there still so many users for the phone? Obviously you have misunderstood me. Like I have mentioned that I change my phone almost every year, so do you really think I'll give a damn of what you think of my phone cos I am the one using it and not you.

Enough said. I believe the helpful & friendly bros here have offered you enough opinion & their views.
    Last edited by Galdor; 19th August 2008 at 02:20 PM.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Why not just go and read the review on a phone review site? They usually do photographic tests too.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Why not just go and read the review on a phone review site? They usually do photographic tests too.
    Any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Young lady, please let me clarify that the reason I put that statement is not as what you have perceived "how dare you say my phone no good, you %$#@". It's to tell you to observe and think about it that if the phone is so lousy as what you have heard from your friend then why are there still so many users for the phone? Obviously you have misunderstood me. Like I have mentioned that I change my phone almost every year, so do you really think I'll give a damn of what you think of my phone cos I am the one using it and not you.

Enough said. I believe the helpful & friendly bros here have offered you enough opinion & their views.
    'nuf said. Still no useful information.

If this will make you feel better - I am seriously considering SE for my next phone, and if I am happy with it, I will buy another for my daughter. She loves being able to play music on the phone, and takes snap shots as well.
    Last edited by PreciousP; 19th August 2008 at 03:17 PM.

'nuf said. Still no useful information.

If this will make you feel better - I am seriously considering SE for my next phone, and if I am happy with it, I will buy another for my daughter. She loves being able to play music on the phone, and takes snap shots as well.
    If the main purpose is for photo taking go for the Cybershot phones, if it's for music, go for the Walkman phones.

Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Oh, one thing to note about the N82 is that the buttons are super small, like a grain of uncooked rice. Not sure if this is relevant to you, but I had alot of difficulty typing on my friend's phone.
    Appreciate your comments here. I am rather convinced by SE users and have serious intention to try out the SE phones...

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    If the main purpose is for photo taking go for the Cybershot phones, if it's for music, go for the Walkman phones.
    Thanks. Maybe Cybershot phone for me and Walkman phone for my daughter?

Yup. There are a few models (some sliding, clam shell, etc) in each series, have a try to see which you prefer.

Cxxx = Camera
    Wxxx = Walkman

SE is a great brand. Nokia was a great brand. They are now playing catch up but then . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Cxxx = Camera
    Wxxx = Walkman

SE is a great brand. Nokia was a great brand. They are now playing catch up but then . . .
    Good information for someone who's not followup with SE branding.

Would the Wxxx phones have decent cameras?

Or Cxxx have decent music players?

W series is mainly for MP3 so camera is not really fantastic. If you want better photo quality, go for those with Carl Zeiss lens and at least a 3.2MP cam.

hihi!
    i'am another SE user. since the last erricsson T68.
    well, for me they are really good phones.
    i also heard that nokia phones are bad at software nowdays.(alot problem with it)
    at least i got no problem with my SE.
    er......are your friend who comment on SE were using nokia or samsung???
    (user from these brand that i had met, mostly say bad comment about SE, and most of them did not even had try it.) thinks they are not being fair to SE.
    i want to take great photos!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a.c.e View Post
    hihi!
    i'am another SE user. since the last erricsson T68.
    well, for me they are really good phones.
    i also heard that nokia phones are bad at software nowdays.(alot problem with it)
    at least i got no problem with my SE.
    er......are your friend who comment on SE were using nokia or samsung???
    (user from these brand that i had met, mostly say bad comment about SE, and most of them did not even had try it.) thinks they are not being fair to SE.
    Bro,

TS mentioned that it was her friend's phone. So her friend is actually using the phone. Could be manufacturer's defacts. A friend of mine had send his in 3 times in 2 months and eventually he got a brand new replacement set.

This may be useful to you PreciousP:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/prod...cc_pid=0&pid=0

Ok, here is a pic taken with my N82 with flash.

No editing done on the pic except for size reduction.

If you intend to get SE phones for their camera, then go for Cybershot series phones. You won't miss it. Sure will have the big words: Cybershot labelled on the phone. Like K, C series etc.
    Because cybershot phones have pretty good AF and macro AF functions. Walkman phones (W series) have in-built cams, but no such functions. Walkman phones have walkman software in it for better organisation of mp3s. Having said that, cybershot phones also can play mp3s.
    The best things in life are free.

Another pic taken at a restaurant of my cousin's baby gal during lunch. Without flash.

N82 is widely acknowledged to be one of the best camera phones in the market right now. One thing to take note of is that you should never compare the quality of the pics taken from the N82 to that taken from a 5MP digicam.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast