Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: No matter how I clean the filter, there is always stains

Default Re: No matter how I clean the filter, there is always stains

Update guys, today I went to Cathay Photo to buy a new filter, microfiber cloth and lenspen. At first though of getting from the earlier link, but thought since I am going to CP might as well buy all from there. The CP salesman sold me a B+W KR1.5 Skylight, I wanted to get UV but skylight also can lah. Also bought a Panther Cloth anti static microfiber, and a lenspen.

But when I reach home, discover the lenspen is not the same as the one shown in the earlier link. My is a 'Digiklear' instead of the LP1. When I reach carefully, its meant for LCD surfaces.

So my question is, can it be used for lens? Is it the same thing except the shape of the tip different?

Thanx in advance.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    To brush away obvious dust/dirt that will otherwise scratch the optical surface should you use the regular tip for cleaning.
    I use it to clean my spoon

Actually, lenspen was the first cleaning device I ever had, it worked really well, until I didn't close the cap properly and it full dried out and black came out instead LAWL.

I might buy one again though, works well and convenient!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Update guys, today I went to Cathay Photo to buy a new filter, microfiber cloth and lenspen. At first though of getting from the earlier link, but thought since I am going to CP might as well buy all from there. The CP salesman sold me a B+W KR1.5 Skylight, I wanted to get UV but skylight also can lah. Also bought a Panther Cloth anti static microfiber, and a lenspen.

But when I reach home, discover the lenspen is not the same as the one shown in the earlier link. My is a 'Digiklear' instead of the LP1. When I reach carefully, its meant for LCD surfaces.

So my question is, can it be used for lens? Is it the same thing except the shape of the tip different?

Thanx in advance.
    same, only diff in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    same, only diff in shape.
    Ok thanx. After the recent incident, I a bit wary.

Also I just realised the cheap cleaning solution that came with free smell a bit of fragrance. Wah lanyeh, I pour it alway. The other bottle I had smell more like alcohol though.

BTW just realised the Panther Cloth very dirty. Why like that one...

I won't be using solution and lens tissue paper anymore, unless absolutely necessary.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123