Thread: Sunburst

Default Sunburst

What do you think? Does the sun, associated reflection and flares spoil it?

An alternative approach to capture the shapes and angle of the sunlight. Read in a book that it takes an experienced if not skilled photographer to with aim straight into the sun and not letting the strong light and lens flare spoil the shot. I like it...

wah I love ur floorboards! the water triangles are serendipitous!
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by Edwin
    An alternative approach to capture the shapes and angle of the sunlight. Read in a book that it takes an experienced if not skilled photographer to with aim straight into the sun and not letting the strong light and lens flare spoil the shot. I like it...
    Edwin - Thanks for your praise... but I think credit needs to go the the camera's metering algorithms! All I did was set it to center-weighted metering, compose and shoot. "Heng heng" metered off the right zone!

denizenx - I think that was part of what caught my eye... that plus the double starburst effect as I walked towards the City Hall. It was the perfect chance to test out a borrowed lens.

In general, I wasn't sure if the straight-ish flare/ghosting line that extends diagonally across the image was too distracting to the image. Maybe its not severe enough to spoil the overall image.