Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Headphones / Earphones

Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I think its better than the SR80 too! I prefer Alessandro series to Grado's maybe except the RS1. Fav is MS2.
    MS2 is actually a SR325i with metal housing.

Yes, I agree that MS1 sounds cleaner and less muddy when compared to SR80. BUT for vocals, SR80 is better.

BTW, I find Audio-Technica earphones and headphones appeal more to the younger generations these days. During my time (in the 70s and 80s), Audio-Technical made some of the worst sounding headphones around, and they were all made in Japan then.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd September 2008 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i tried with the foam wan, like sticking dynamite into my ears... but now u that mention, Ety ergonomics that bad arh?

dunno AKG how, hear no . its not on my P1 list of buy items. phew...
    Try AKG K240 MKII Studio Monitor - the industry standard of recording engineers and artistes for many, many years. Most of their products are still manufactured in Austria after so many years in business.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd September 2008 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    MS2 is actually a SR325i with metal housing.

Yes, I agree that MS1 sounds cleaner and less muddy when compared to SR80. BUT for vocals, SR80 is better.

BTW, I find Audio-Technica earphones and headphones appeal more to the younger generations these days. During my time (in the 70s and 80s), Audio-Technical made some of the worst sounding headphones around, and they were all made in Japan then.
    The ESW9 is very nice sounding though.

Try AKG K240 MKII Studio Monitor - the industry standard of recording engineers and artistes for many, many years. Most of their products are still manufactured in Austria after so many years in business.
    i'll keep that in mind, but i doubt my Sennheiser is retiring anytime soon. i just replaced its gooie cables last year. i got my HD570 Symphony in year 2000 Christmas.

thanks for the suggestion. but how much is that anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    if the grado a little better looking imo, would love to include that to my consideration.. heheh
    Why are "looks" even a consideration? They are just headphones. Get the ones that sound the best to you. It's not a fashion contest.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Why are "looks" even a consideration? They are just headphones. Get the ones that sound the best to you. It's not a fashion contest.
    Explain the popularity of the iPod then. Looks are important. Few want to look like an idiot walking around. Some may not mind, but natural selection means they're slowly removed from the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    Explain the popularity of the iPod then. Looks are important. Few want to look like an idiot walking around. Some may not mind, but natural selection means they're slowly removed from the gene pool.
    The topic here is Good Headphones/Earphones, not Good-Looking Headphones/Earphones.

Yes, looks are important, to the the mainstream and ignorant user. So far the discussion here has revolved around headphones/earphones which sound good, not look good.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    i'll keep that in mind, but i doubt my Sennheiser is retiring anytime soon. i just replaced its gooie cables last year. i got my HD570 Symphony in year 2000 Christmas.

thanks for the suggestion. but how much is that anyway?
    Just like the model number, suggested retail price is S$240.

Please take note that this headphone is rate at 55 ohm. You will need a headphone amp if you are using an iPod.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmerlin View Post
    The ESW9 is very nice sounding though.
    NOW they sound nice. But years ago .

The topic here is Good Headphones/Earphones, not Good-Looking Headphones/Earphones.

Yes, looks are important, to the the mainstream and ignorant user. So far the discussion here has revolved around headphones/earphones which sound good, not look good.
    Calm down.... they are just headphones.

Some may not mind, but natural selection means they're slowly removed from the gene pool.
    To be frank, Grado headphones has been around since 1987. After 21 years of sales, they are still around and is in no hurry to be eliminated from the gene pool.

Unlike Audio-Technica which introduces a replacement model every 6 months or so. Sennheiser introduces theirs every 2-3 years, and AKG every 4-5 years interval. Grado has not replaced any of their existing models yet. The SR60 has been around since Michael Jackson's 'Bad' hit the Billboard chart. It is still very 80s sounding.
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd September 2008 at 08:46 AM.

i'm still getting poisoned here in a photography forum

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    Poison is good for you.

Poison differs homo sapiens from homo erectus.
    Last edited by photobum; 3rd September 2008 at 08:45 AM.

Just admit it, you know you like it.

To be frank, Grado headphones has been around since 1987. After 21 years of sales, they are still around and is in no hurry to be eliminated from the gene pool.
    Ah, my poor attempt at humor has fallen flat on its face *sigh* I meant the user who wears it in public, not the headphones. And it was a joke. I guess I forgot the smiley. Sorry, my bad.

My answer is meant to be tongue in cheek (this is kopitiam, not an audiophile forum, BTW). Chill, dude. But since you brought it up, the thread was originally about headphones for iPod that can block out environmental sounds.

Just like the model number, suggested retail price is S$240.

Please take note that this headphone is rate at 55 ohm. You will need a headphone amp if you are using an iPod.
    for headphones i use at home, maybe just need to crank up the volume, my HD570 is already 64ohm. thanks for the heads-up.

got antidote? forums are for spreading poison!

My answer is meant to be tongue in cheek (this is kopitiam, not an audiophile forum, BTW). Chill, dude. But since you brought it up, the thread was originally about headphones for iPod that can block out environmental sounds.
    I am taking it easy, I guess it's hard to tell sometimes in words. That wasn't meant to be overly serious or anything. I think if you have seen some of my previous posts, I don't ever take anything too seriously on these forums.

I just find it funny that a lot of people are more concerned with looks than functionality. Guess these marketing gurus out there are the real smart mother*******.

OT a bit since I happened to be talking about looks: what's up with these morons who wear beanies and singlets at the same time? In Singapore? You can't sit on the fence and be both HOT and COLD at the same time. Are they supposed to look cool? (No pun intended). You got to pick a side. Either wear that beanie together with a hoodie and make yourself look like a complete moron in our tropical climate here, or just wear that wife beater and keep that beanie off.

That is one thing I can't understand either....beanies?! In Singapore?! They don't look cool in it because its stupid.

audio technia got 1 in-ear model, cost is $450 . anyone try that before? damn expensive for a in-ear .......
    Objection !!!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast