Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Headphones / Earphones

Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

erm,.. wads so bad about the Creative EP-830?

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    erm,.. wads so bad about the Creative EP-830?
    Nothing bad.. I can still hear sound out from it. Just not good enough when compared to my B&O earphone.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    Nothing bad.. I can still hear sound out from it. Just not good enough when compared to my B&O earphone.
    That does not sound like (pun unintended) "what a waste of money.. $69 down the drain".

Nothing bad.. I can still hear sound out from it.
    pun intended too!

../azul123

Using the Shure 530 PTH , by far the one with the most bass and very spacious sound.

Be prepared to pay a very premium price tag! :P

../azul123
    so how much is the B&O

Bought one at Comex out of curiosity because these 2 guys were comparing the specs of 2 Creative earphone models, overheard their pros and cons for the EP-830 model, so thought to myself if they had spent serious time going through the specs maybe it is good buy.

So bought it and went home to compare with my B&O earphone... lol, what a waste of money getting this Creative model, that's $69.00 down the drain.

../azul123
    Why dun u test it before u buy? Or its not allowed?

Those who are eyeing the Grado SR60 might wanna look at the Alessandro MS1 from Jaben first. Just cost a little more but its better.

../azul123
    eeerr,.. nevermind the user review. but hey, mind tossing it to me instead of it going down a drain? i wouldn't mind a earphone worse than B&O...

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    and im looking for an earphone too.. not iem, to be used at home...
    got any suggestionn? yuin pk3 seems good, but does it available locally?
    looking for sumthing cheap, like around 40bucks
    i think i found u a buyer if dun mind e tight budget.
    Last edited by sORe-EyEz; 1st September 2008 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    so how much is the B&O
    They should be about the same what I paid for them about 2 yrs ago SDG$168. Frankly they are just a little better then the ipod's. They are not in-ear but are like the ipod's SDG$38 speaker design with just abit better sound once I got use to playing withthem and iPod's...they are useless for my kind of use too as you have to press them against your ear to get all the sound in as all these kind of headphone design goes.. unless you buy those in-ear where you push the bulb into your ear channel or you have the large ear muff cup...this one is one I use for cycling as I get to hear all the noise around me along with the music when on the road for safety.

My ears don't have that V shape so it can not hold those typical iPod type design ear piece...just walk a few steps and it falls out. So I bought this B&O with the ear hook when the B&O showroom opened here at Hyatt Hotel. Sexy looking yes and eye catching ...but sound wise...my $49.00 Sony in-ear did better because I get to push the earphone into the ear channel so it isolate exterior noise to a very large extend and let me concentrate on the sound and it's quality.

The B&O has it's purpose but really sound quality wise yes it is not bad for ear piece design like this that still let other noises around you in ( unless you blast it really loub which just distort the sound quality...which I think that is why you hear sometime people with those piercing noise from their earphone in the MRT or where ever. They crank it so loub so they can drown out the ambient noise) which is the whole point so you don't get distracted and crash your car or bike. But to hear it really well..I got to use my finger push them tight against my ear channel and be sitting in my room minus the TV to get the best sound. Not my way of hearing music. I sold mine to a friend after two months with half that time sitting on my table while admiring it's sexy design and packaging it came in...well at least I got $100 back for it. I love B&O stuff.. that is because I am a designer and I like form and shape...sometime more then whether it can perform well or function. They perform above par for sure but really if you want really superb sound and visual reproduction quality..there are a lot more expensive and sometime cheap brand that can give you that. That time I replace it with a PMX200 from Sennheiser. Clunky and not as sexy but it did it's job well for $115.

eeerr,.. nevermind the user review. but hey, mind tossing it to me instead of it going down a drain? i wouldn't mind a earphone worse than B&O...
    Passing it to my son... should have stick to my original aim to try out Shure.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    They should be about the same what I paid for them about 2 yrs ago SDG$168. Frankly they are just a little better then the ipod's. They are not in-ear but are like the ipod's SDG$38 speaker design with just abit better sound once I got use to playing withthem and iPod's...they are useless for my kind of use too as you have to press them against your ear to get all the sound in as all these kind of headphone design goes.. unless you buy those in-ear where you push the bulb into your ear channel or you have the large ear muff cup...this one is one I use for cycling as I get to hear all the noise around me along with the music when on the road for safety.

My ears don't have that V shape so it can not hold those typical iPod type design ear piece...just walk a few steps and it falls out. So I bought this B&O with the ear hook when the B&O showroom opened here at Hyatt Hotel. Sexy looking yes and eye catching ...but sound wise...my $49.00 Sony in-ear did better because I get to push the earphone into the ear channel so it isolate exterior noise to a very large extend and let me concentrate on the sound and it's quality.

The B&O has it's purpose but really sound quality wise yes it is not bad for ear piece design like this that still let other noises around you in ( unless you blast it really loub which just distort the sound quality...which I think that is why you hear sometime people with those piercing noise from their earphone in the MRT or where ever. They crank it so loub so they can drown out the ambient noise) which is the whole point so you don't get distracted and crash your car or bike. But to hear it really well..I got to use my finger push them tight against my ear channel and be sitting in my room minus the TV to get the best sound. Not my way of hearing music. I sold mine to a friend after two months with half that time sitting on my table while admiring it's sexy design and packaging it came in...well at least I got $100 back for it. I love B&O stuff.. that is because I am a designer and I like form and shape...sometime more then whether it can perform well or function. They perform above par for sure but really if you want really superb sound and visual reproduction quality..there are a lot more expensive and sometime cheap brand that can give you that. That time I replace it with a PMX200 from Sennheiser. Clunky and not as sexy but it did it's job well for $115.
    My ear channel fits with the B&O earphone snuggly, I guess that is something different for everyone. Bought it on SQ flight, they got this dual jack plug for use on airplane, hate the ones given on plane, so bought this instead.

Looking for a good replacement and was targeting to get a Shure or Sony but got distracted by 2 guys giving the thumbsup on this Creative earphone.

../azul123

I have my Grado SR125 for 15 years (not a typo), and I had it repaired once due to a loose wire.

I must agree with the fact that Grado headphones don't look pretty and they are uncomfortable to wear, BUT, one listen is all you need to be convinced that they are one of the best sounding headphones around. Remember to bring along your CD/iPod for testing.

Here is a general guideline on Grado headphones:

SR60 - suitable for all types of music. At S$120, it is the least expensive among all Grado headphones.
    SR80 - best for vocals and jazz (sounds slightly warmer and better bass response than SR60)
    SR125 - for those who want the best of SR60 and SR80.
    SR225 - IMHO, the underdog of Grado headphones. Slightly better dynamics than SR125
    SR325 - is some swear, the studio monitor of Grado headphones. Very clean and neutral. I know a sound engineer in Singapore who uses it as his monitor headphone.
    RS1 and RS2 are quite similar in many ways, but I find RS1 more musical and detailed (this is my favorite Grado headphone of all). Sounds best with Grado headphone amp RA1.
    GS100 - the flagship of Grado headphones. It is the most comfortable (and expensive). Sounds best with Grado headphone amp RA1. Some people loves it over RS1, but I prefer the latter.
    Last edited by photobum; 2nd September 2008 at 06:24 PM.

Passing it to my son... should have stick to my original aim to try out Shure.

../azul123
    at least not down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Why dun u test it before u buy? Or its not allowed?

Those who are eyeing the Grado SR60 might wanna look at the Alessandro MS1 from Jaben first. Just cost a little more but its better.
    I have the MS1 and I like it more than the SR60.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    I have my Grado SR125 for 15 years (not a typo), and I had it repaired once due to a loose wire.

I must agree with the fact that Grado headphones don't look pretty and they are uncomfortable to wear, BUT, one listen is all you need to be convinced that they are one of the best sounding headphones around. Remember to bring along your CD/iPod for testing.

Here is a general guideline on Grado headphones:

SR60 is for all types of music. Lowest-price.
    SR80 is best for vocals and jazz (sounds slightly warmer and better bass than SR60)
    SR125 is for those who want the best of SR60 and SR80.
    SR225 is the underdog of Grado headphones. Slightly better dynamics than SR125
    SR325 is, some swear, the studio monitor of Grado headphones. Very clean and neutral. I know a sound engineer in Singapore who uses it as his monitor headphone.
    RS1 and RS2 are quite similar in many ways, but I find RS1 more musical and detailed (my favorite Grado headphone of all). Sounds best with Grado headphone amp RA1.
    GS100 is the flagship of Grado headphones. It is the most comfortable (and expensive). Sounds best with Grado headphone amp RA1. Some people loves it over RS1, but I prefer the latter.
    Ah man...just got paid and here you are tempting me like that ...no fair leh heheh... I happy to get the SR60 and you now asking me to test the rest. Bad boy!!.. heheh

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh View Post
    I actually second this after recommending the SR60.

I listened to the MS1 after buying my SR60 and realised that I should have paid that little extra for that extra oomph.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Grado SR60

sorry, i am out of ideas. just stick to known brands liks Panasonic or Sony? was the isolating foam/material of the Etymotic too big? i tried a friends Etymotic or is it Shure? in e past & nearly got sore-ears...
    lol why got sore-ears? too big?
    there are two isolations came with the ety, one rubber one foam.. i use the smallest rubber one, doesnt feel nice.. its either very big or maybe it penetrates too deep..

if the grado a little better looking imo, would love to include that to my consideration.. heheh

btw i came accross this headphone
    AKG 412p
    my heart fell for it at the first sight very lovely design imo
    care to give some input on the SQ? and how much does it cost?

thanks2

Quote Originally Posted by blueshift View Post
    lol why got sore-ears? too big?
    there are two isolations came with the ety, one rubber one foam.. i use the smallest rubber one, doesnt feel nice.. its either very big or maybe it penetrates too deep..

if the grado a little better looking imo, would love to include that to my consideration.. heheh

btw i came accross this headphone
    AKG 412p
    my heart fell for it at the first sight very lovely design imo
    care to give some input on the SQ? and how much does it cost?

thanks2

i tried with the foam wan, like sticking dynamite into my ears... but now u that mention, Ety ergonomics that bad arh?

dunno AKG how, hear no . its not on my P1 list of buy items. phew...

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh View Post
    I think its better than the SR80 too! I prefer Alessandro series to Grado's maybe except the RS1. Fav is MS2.

Just brought the new in ear noise cancelling Audio Technica headphones and they are simply stunning, worth their hefty pricetag

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast