Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Headphones / Earphones

Default Re: Good Headphones / Earphones

Quote Originally Posted by roastpuff View Post

This baby spoil me so much already. I cringe whenever my friend want to share their music using their iBuds or whatever.

UE11 is true king of portable sound.
    Wah lan, ear wax gao gao. Time to go and clean them out dude.
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

This baby spoil me so much already. I cringe whenever my friend want to share their music using their iBuds or whatever.

Dude, how much did you pay for these?

and im looking for an earphone too.. not iem, to be used at home...
    got any suggestionn? yuin pk3 seems good, but does it available locally?
    looking for sumthing cheap, like around 40bucks

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    and im looking for an earphone too.. not iem, to be used at home...
    got any suggestionn? yuin pk3 seems good, but does it available locally?
    looking for sumthing cheap, like around 40bucks
    thatz a lean budget. wonder if the likes of Philips, Panasonic, Sony or Audio Technica has any inner-ear earphones near that budget. even if the sound is not top rate, isolating external noise would give most music a boost- sound quality wise.

if not u may need to up the budget to $50+...

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    Dude, how much did you pay for these?
    1150 USD... worth every dollar though!

I just got Audio-Technica ESW-9 as well for casual use, because I cannot share my UE11 with my friends when I want to show them funny YouTube video in library or crowded areas...

I can't stop smelling the lambskin headband and earpads!

any1 tried out the Shure, Audio Technica earphones at Comex?

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit View Post
    you can try to loop the cable over your ears... it will minimise the 'rubbing sound'
    Hey, it works great! Thanks for the tip. Didn't expect to get tips on headphones in a photography forum, makes it all the better

woh UE11 nice!

Buy one then never need to keep upgrading

The IEM is fun, no one else can understand your listening pleasure as they can't try it :P
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    thatz a lean budget. wonder if the likes of Philips, Panasonic, Sony or Audio Technica has any inner-ear earphones near that budget. even if the sound is not top rate, isolating external noise would give most music a boost- sound quality wise.

if not u may need to up the budget to $50+...
    thanks bro for replying.. i mean i wanna get a non-inner ear earphone..
    i have an etymotic iem, its very not comfortable.. like there is something stuck in my ear.. haha and used to have an audio techinca ck7, even worse its bigger..

so now looking for just a normal earphone.. i think price also should be cheaper than iem .. any suggestion for a good sounding one? thx

i have an etymotic iem, its very not comfortable.. like there is something stuck in my ear.. haha and used to have an audio techinca ck7, even worse its bigger..

so now looking for just a normal earphone.. i think price also should be cheaper than iem .. any suggestion for a good sounding one? thx
    Grado SR60
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Grado SR60
    wah...ulgyyyyyyyyyy MOFOs!! heheheh BUT put them on and the sound is really awesome. Thumper bass and good clarity all round. Have a friend who uses them and I had a listen and I wanted to keep them. That was 5 yrs ago. Then read more about it and found they are really well liked whoever tried it. Almost cult even. US made too. They sell them here now? I have not like keep checking stuff like this all over singapore religiously unlike camera and computer but if they are ... I wanna get me a pair. Wonder if the shop on the 3rd floor at SLS has it. Never bothered to ask as I always thought can't get it locally so stop doing so after all these years....till you brought it up! heheh

I don't see grado on Hung Brothers webpage heeh
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Thought of getting one of these to go with my iphone...
    http://www.atlas-experience.com/shop...roducts_id=146

sorry, i am out of ideas. just stick to known brands liks Panasonic or Sony? was the isolating foam/material of the Etymotic too big? i tried a friends Etymotic or is it Shure? in e past & nearly got sore-ears...

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    Grado SR60
    under $50?

under $50?
    TKK....you wait long long hor heheheh.... in the US now it is still selling for just under US$100

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    wah...ulgyyyyyyyyyy MOFOs!! heheheh BUT put them on and the sound is really awesome. Thumper bass and good clarity all round. Have a friend who uses them and I had a listen and I wanted to keep them. That was 5 yrs ago. Then read more about it and found they are really well liked whoever tried it. Almost cult even. US made too. They sell them here now? I have not like keep checking stuff like this all over singapore religiously unlike camera and computer but if they are ... I wanna get me a pair. Wonder if the shop on the 3rd floor at SLS has it. Never bothered to ask as I always thought can't get it locally so stop doing so after all these years....till you brought it up! heheh
    I disagree. I love the retro look of the headphones. And yes, they have been on sale here for the longest time. I bought mine from that stereo store at Causeway Point about 2 years ago, can't remember the name. Can also be bought at Adelphi.

TKK....you wait long long hor heheheh.... in the US now it is still selling for just under US$100
    It sells for S$120.

EDIT: Store at Causeway Point is called Stereo Electronics. (Yes, real inventive). Store at Adelphi I believe is called Music By Design.
    Last edited by entropy_h; 30th August 2008 at 05:15 PM.

hahaa, cos Entropy_h was recommending Tirza mah. & Tirza budget under $50. for $50 i can oni buy the foam ear & head cushions for my Sennheiser.

loo & behold, i did not buy any earphones at Comex. i m putting myself to e temptation test, c how well i resist buying. with utmost care my Sony MDR-EX71 will not die a pre-mature death, am here for a just in case scenario. heheh...

hahaa, cos Entropy_h was recommending Tirza mah. & Tirza budget under $50. for $50 i can oni buy the foam ear & head cushions for my Sennheiser.

loo & behold, i did not buy any earphones at Comex. i m putting myself to e temptation test, c how well i resist buying. with utmost care my Sony MDR-EX71 will not die a pre-mature death, am here for a just in case scenario. heheh...
    heheheheh...there is something I notice at times like these. When some people are in the BBB mode...for some unexpected reason their old gear always spoil or get damaged beyond repair round about the same period that they have been tempted to buy that new toy they saw or hear a few days or week back hahahahah....

Timing damn good leh hahahah.... so be very careful with your Sony MDR-EX71 hor.

dun worry about that Sammy. in tech speak Sg got 4 season (gadget fair, lol! ) wan!

my Sony's has been with me since 2002. the wire material has not gone gooie like some previously, wires still intact (has a hard shell as case, courtesy of a used Gatsby- Moving Rubber container) & the drivers still sound clean.

i do not see the need for a $200 above earphones as the sound quality would have been lost as its mostly used in trains or buses. too noisey, IMO.

good earphones = good sound + good price + good lifespan + comfort (over extended useage over 1hr w/o ear-ache)

Bought one at Comex out of curiosity because these 2 guys were comparing the specs of 2 Creative earphone models, overheard their pros and cons for the EP-830 model, so thought to myself if they had spent serious time going through the specs maybe it is good buy.

So bought it and went home to compare with my B&O earphone... lol, what a waste of money getting this Creative model, that's $69.00 down the drain.

../azul123

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast